Womens Running

Toeoff To Work Thursday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post.  Cool

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Yesterday I did 70 minutes of cardio DVD since the car was not finished yet. I enjoyed the workout.

Similar workout today, probably with weights thrown in today. Car was done late yesterday. I can pick it up today after work.

It needs more work done on the mufflers later on but the brakes should be very good now. Smile

Stopping is essential even if one makes a little noise. Tight lips Happy runs, All! Smile

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Good Morning!

Blech, dang head cold has me feeling cruddy, mornings are the worst.  I did manage 4 miles after work yesterday.  I may do the same tonight or Fusion class but I'm leaning towards a quick run since it's not so taxing on my muscles (not to mention being in close contact with others which they might not appreciate).  We'll see how I feel this afternoon.

Judy - glad you got the car done!

Lisa - yeah for the TM run!!

Karen - good luck at JFK this weekend!  Great job on the bike trainer

Marjorie - good idea on the rest day.  I hate when I forget my hair stuff or other necessity.

Hi Sue - hope the bigwigs leave soon lol

Ginny - sorry you've been having back pain but glad it's getting better!

Hi AnnieSusan - glad to 'see' you Big grin

Damaris - sorry to hear you may need surgery, take care!

Bikerchick1

Morning!

LCruns - Sorry about the head cold....hope it goes away soon!

Lisa - So happy to see you on the TM!  Running coaches sound awesome.

Marjorie - I can imagine that you have to stay pretty organized with all of your traveling!  Is your hip feeling better?

Karen - Weather obsession.....sounds like the weather is looking good for you1

Damarias - Will be curious what your doc says re: your sonogram.

Judy - Car problems .... boooo.

Anniesusan - masters swim class sounds good.  Are you doing any Tri's this summer?

Susan - Hope the bigwigs move along soon!

Ginny - glad your back is feeling some better.

Ran a quick 4 after work last night.

Carol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Run didn't happen.  Found a very sore spot in the hip when stretching last night so knew hills wasn't a good idea. Will try tomorrow If hip is better.

Lisa hope the running advise from coach helps

Annie Susan how is the ankle been?

Carol the hip feels great. But I did find a spot I worked on last night. I didn't chance the hills.

Laura rag funny is I rarely forget stuff. I have stuff that always stays in my suitcase so I don't forget stuff. I have a complete set if makeup, an extra curling iron, brushes etc. I always refil the liquids and put them back in the suitcase. I must have bought a hairspray versus moose so I just didn't realize when I took it out of the drawer. Since it is a gold can. The hairspray I travel with is a different brand and a white can. But there are tons of stores so I can just get an extra.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Super sore yesterday so my workouts were blah.  Today, planning on a short run with hubby and a strength kickboxing workout.

Judy, good that you have your car back.  Nice workout!

LC Runs, hope your head cold dissipates soon.

Carol, thanks.  Enjoy the 4 later.

Marjorie, hope the hip lets you run tomorrow.

Have a great day!

Damaris

Good Morning!

6 miles this morning.  Jeffrey met me at the park, he could only run 30 minutes this morning.  Good thing!  He is really fast!  His easy pace is my race pace!  Then ran 1.5 miles back to the house.  Whew.

Have to go to the commissary after work.  List just keeps getting longer and longer.  I am having a Silpada jewelry party tomorrow evening.  Need to get my butt in gear!  Will begin the house cleaning blitz when I get home tonight.

Laura--sorry about the cold.

Have a great day!

Anonymous Guest

Augh - now temps are creeping back down for Saturday and winds and chance of rain going up. Now leaning towards capris and a long sleeve shirt, still with gloves, vest and hat. I hate leaving a decision until 3:30 race morning when I get up, but that may have to happen this time! I'm getting a little excited about it now. I was almost dreading it for awhile, but now am looking forward to it. My plan tomorrow is to get up early and drive to a Metro station north of the beltway, then leave early tomorrow afternoon and head out to pick up my packet tomorrow afternoon with my car already halfway there. I could pick up morning of, but if I can get it before, I'd rather have one less thing to stress about in the morning. The race starts at 7, but packet pickup ends at 6:15. We're planning on getting there by 6, but you never know.

Can I just say once again how happy I am that I switched my work hours? Even though I'm here the same amount of time, I feel like I have so much more free time. I had lunch the other day with someone that still works at my old place (with evil HR lady), and she has apparently been working on evil HR lady with the hope that down the line, one day, they can do flexible work hours, but she doubts it will ever happen. I am so glad I'm out of that place!

Judy, glad your car is done!

Laura, feel better. So far I've been able to avoid the colds and junk floating around and am hoping and praying I can continue that lucky streak.

Damaris, hope you have some flexibility on scheduling the surgery. If I were you I'd want to wait until late spring/summer when your running conditions are even crappier than normal.

Morning Carol, Marjorie and Susan! And everyone yet to come. Lisa, so excited to see you ran on a treadmill, at 100%!!

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

camille2

quick late note

Karen, good luck this weekend!  I hope the weather gods smile upon you!  Is it a 50k or 50 mi?

Margorie, I hope your Atlanta trip included the gorgeous Monday and Tuesday.  I hope your hip is good for a run tomorrow.

AnnieS, good to see you!

Laura, I hope you're feeling better.

Docket, I sure hope you don't have to have surgery.

Hi sue and Judy!

I only did a couple easy miles today. I need to get with the program...any program, at this point.  I also quilted, took care of some business and had dinner out with a friend. Have any of you eaten at a Fatz? They fry their rolls.  : ) Before I got home, I returned a call to OOT bro and  learned of more family drama, so I  stopped and bought a Snickers xmas tree candy AND chocolate covered cherries. Definitely should have run more!!

Quick hello!  Busy week at work, blah, but I poked my head in here most days to keep up with what everyone's doing.  I'll be back over the weekend for personals.  Just wanted to wish Karen a great run on Saturday!  Hi to everyone else!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR