Womens Running

More Coffee Monday - Supermoms (Read 19 times)

Erniegirl

RR - 10k. I would really like to go back to bed, but I can't waste this great weather! It is already 10C and going up to 19C today, but then tomorrow it is going to snow 

TR - We had friends over last night and she kept pointing to everyone and saying their names. One of our friends asked her if she knew what mommy's and daddy's names were. She replied with a big mischievous grin, "Mommy's name: Best Mommy. Daddy's name: Cry Baby". We were dying laughing.

FR - Macaroni and cheese with salmon and broccoli

NRR -  We had a really busy weekend and I was ready for bed at 8:30 last night but by the time our friends left it was more like 10 once I got to bed. And then S woke me up at 3:30 am and I never got back to sleep. YAWN! We finally found time to get a new dining set this weekend. DH really wanted a solid wood one but I didn't want to have to worry about S ruining it. so we bought a used one off kijiji for $100! Looks way better than the old one, but it was super cheap so no need to be worried about it getting ruined.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 10K with Amy on paved trails/Bronte Creek Provincial Park, I'm going to run a couple kms extra before she gets there.

KR - pooped his underwear yesterday. wtf? When asked why he didn't go use the potty, he said, "I was running!" (he wasn't)

FR - veggie omelets, oven potatoes.  The ghetto Popeye Tso's chicken was a hit.  It's just Popeye's nuggets with homemade General Tso's sauce.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

RR: a little over 7 miles this morning. It was 67* out! I didn't have Bootcamp, as it's spring break week so a few people are away and the others were sick.

TR: woke up at 5:35am! Had a great weekend with gma and gpa. We went for a hike yesterday, and he had so much fun finding acorns, throwing rocks in the pond, and running up the trails.

NRR: great relaxing weekend with my parents. Nice weather, got some good deals on baby clothes and nursing bras at the outlets.

-----------------

Ernie- have a great run! Hahahaha about S's names for you and DH! Ugh, sorry on the early wake up. Hope you can get a nap today! It's supposed to hit the mid-70's again today, but cool down to the 20's tomorrow, with a chance of snow Sad

zorbs- have a good run! Ugh on the poop in the underwear :/

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

running eh

RR - DH ran his half on Saturday.  So motivating to be in the race environment.  The race was quite small.  It was put on by a Church/Christian School.  All of the ladies from the church made the post race food (wraps of all sorts, bagels, fruit, home baked goodies) and it was awesome.  There was enough food for all of the racers and all of the spectators!  That was the best $15 race entry fee we have ever spent.  DH finished 10th at 1:27.  There were some pretty fast people there this year!

NRR - Need to grocery shop and meal plan today.  The grocery budgeting is going okay.  I need to get the eating out budget under control now.

Going to Costco tonight - that will add quite a bit to our grocery bill Smile

FR - either leftovers or omelets.

KR - Loving this warm weather!  DD2 has been outside since 7am!

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - SRD.  Yesterday's 30k went well, much better than last week's 28k.  I'm trying a new fueling strategy for LR's, and not taking in any fuel, some trainers recommend it to help your body learn to store more glycogen and burn fat more efficiently.  So far so good, I didn't feel like I was missing anything yesterday by not having GU's.  I'll do one dress rehearsal LR w/ fuel before the marathon though.

KR - had a good weekend, and was a pretty good girl all weekend.  We took her to a farm thing on Saturday called Aggie days where they have animals and all sorts of demonstrations of farm related things, she loved the presentation w/ the horse, and seems like she's old enough to sit and learn stuff in those educational talks, it's great!

TR - is a napping fool lately, she's never been a long sleeper, but this weekend she was having 3 hr naps.

FR - slow cooker meat sauce w/ spaghetti.

Ernie - when M was that age she liked to put mommy and daddy into Old Macdonald's farm, and mommy always said heehaw, and daddy said 'yes'.  lol.  So funny what they come up with!  Hope the run goes well!!  Boo to the snow tomorrow, we're supposed to get some more crap weather this week also I believe.

zorbs - what are popeye's nuggets?  Just from the frozen section? Your picture looked really good.

RG - Do you put him back to bed when he gets up that early?  O will basically always fall back asleep if she's awake super early, M not so much, but we make her stay in her room.  Glad you had a good time with your parents!

r-eh - congrats to DH, that's a speedy half!!  I need to do a Costco run also!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: ran 3 miles with both RPs yesterday. Will try to get a stroller run in tonight, probably 2-3 miles.

TR: Loves playing outside, but our "yard" is a giant expanse of dirt right now so I have had to take him to the park for exercise. We went hiking yesterday and he loved looking at all the flowers and bugs. Watched a bunch of TV this weekend since he was grounded from it all week.

FR: Cooked a bunch this weekend- made amazing roasted chicken/gravy/mashed potatoes on Saturday that I can't wait to eat leftovers of. Need to pick the meat off the chickens and get some stock going in the crockpot.

NRR: Pretty low key weekend- Spent a good part of the day Saturday with my family. Sister tried to guilt me because DH hasn't done any family events in a while (hello, shift work). Saturday night we had R's godparents over to watch Anchorman 2, which was really funny but I still fell asleep. Yesterday I hemmed some pants for friends- my plumber friend is going to Vegas and bought a lavendar colored zoot suit, can't wait to see photos because he's like 5'6" and its going to look hilarious.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

Ernie- yay for a new dining set! S cracks me  up.

zorbs- how do you make General Tso sauce?

RG- I <3 outlet shopping!  R has been waking up that early lately, too. I had just gotten up when he came into my bathroom this morning.

CA- I can do up to about 10 miles without fuel (unless I'm running super slow) otherwise I crash an burn. What is the supposed advantage of not taking in fuel? Do you tend to get an upset stomach?

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - mmm on the roasted chicken!  The theory w/ the non fueling is that if you don't give your body fuel, it will have to adapt and get it's fuel elsewhere - either from glycogen or from fat.  McMillan recommends building slowly, so if you can run for 90 minutes w/o fuel, then go for 100, then 110, etc and slowly build.  That your body will learn to store more glycogen and will better access fat stores for fuel.  The MAF method of training has some similar methods where you don't take in any carbs for runs under a certain time but I don't remember the time they use.  I don't get an upset stomach, and will use gels when I race the full - I don't use gels for a half unless I'm bonking.

running eh

ernie - I've made mac and cheese a few times.  I like it, but I think I like KD better (isn't that terrible?).  Maybe I need to find a better recipe.  Good find on the dining set!  Ours is from kijiji too and it is great.  I think I damage it more than the kids do.  I really need to be more careful when vacuuming.  Hope you can fit in a nap today!

zorbs - I haven't been to Bronte Creek since I was a kid.  Do you ever take B to play in the barn or to the pool in the summer?  I thought your dinner looked delish!  Sorry about B - DS used to poop in his underwear when he was mad at the babysitter - he laughs hysterically about now.

rg - are you close to good outlets?  They opened a new one about 35mins from my house, but I haven't been.  I wonder if they have a maternity store there.  Glad you had a great weekend!  The weather was fabulous!

CA - I like that strategy.  I don't like the gels and gus - I am going to try that in the future.  I believe msfitrunner doesn't fuel -- actually, if I recall correctly she often doesn't even take water.  I learn so much at those educational talks - it's nice when the kids will listen too!

spike - a great expanse of dirt sounds perfect for a little boy!  I bet he would love to play in that.  The meal you made sounds so good.  I froze the chicken carcass from the last chicken I made with intentions of making stock, but I have a feeling I will let it get all freezer burned and then end up throwing it out.  I am so intimidated by making stock for some reason.  What are R's favourite shows?

runnergirl9508

reh- we live about 90 minutes from the Waterloo Premium Outlets- they have one of the best selections of stores of any outlets I've been to. Wow, your DH is speedy! He ran that 1:27 pretty much untrained, right? Sometimes the smaller races have better perks. One of the worst post-race food selections is at Boston, surprisingly. We have been outside non-stop too. R even has been eating lunch out there.

CA- enjoy your RD. Glad that the LR went well. Good luck with the fueling- I've never tried it myself, though I've heard of some runners having good success. Will you still plan to take gels on race day? I'm pretty sure that Julie does that. Whoa- long naps for O! She must be growing like crazy. DH said that he left R in the crib until 6am today. R's content to stay in there and play for a bit, thank goodness!

spike-nice job on the run! we hiked too yesterday- I love how observant and interested in discovering new things R is right now. It's so much fun. Sounds like a relaxing weekend for you. Lol on the purple zoot suit.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ernie - I think I got my kitchen table at a yard sale in Newmarket, IIRC half my kitchen furniture was from the same sale.

rg - didn't you have nursing bras from R?

eh - my friend ran the same HM and was 1st AG.  Surprisingly, I have never taken B to Bronte Creek, and I think I've only been there once with DH, he used to work in the office tower across the street and we ate a picnic lunch in there when we were dating.

CA - Popeye's is a fast food chain (there happens to be one right across the street from my house) and I can see why the recipe called for those nuggets specifically, they are more like large popcorn chicken than the nuggets formed with pink slime.  You could also do frozen popcorn chicken, but I was so lazy I didn't even feel like baking those.

spike - recipe here.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - yup, I'll absolutely fuel w/ gels on race day, and during one of my 20 milers as a dress rehearsal.

Erniegirl

zorbs - Sounds like that would be a nice running route. Was he claiming he was running to the potty and didn't make it, or that he was too busy running to stop and go? It would be kind of funny if it was the latter.

rg - Sounds like you had a great run this morning and a good weekend! Probably kind of nice to have a break from the bootcamp.

eh - That sounds like an awesome race! And what a speedy field - you'd think your DH would have won a small race with a time that fast! Awesome that DD2 was outside so early. Maybe I should have kicked S out the door when she got up at 3:30 am  My DH also prefers KD. I don't mind KD when I'm eating it, but it makes me feel really gross afterwards.

CA - I'll be curious to hear how the no-fueling strategy works! I think I read an article about that strategy. I only recently started fueling when I started marathon training and was doing more than 25k. But I am always starving no matter what, so something I wonder if there is any point! Awesome that M is now sitting through presentations.

spike - Ha ha, I love a good zoot suit. A dirt yard would probably be more appealing to a toddler, especially after a good rainfall...

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

Eh- we just have Netflix/Amazon streaming so he just chooses random crap to watch and then burns out on it quickly. He asked to watch Caillou yesterday and I vetoed it.  I have purchased several movies on Amazon for him, and those are what I make him watch first thing in the morning since they are usually 60-90 minutes long and that's let remote-jockeying that i have to do, and lets me doze on the couch with less interruptions.