Womens Running

Mittens again Monday Supermoms (Read 17 times)

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- we have quite a few of aimless wanderers at our gym. I sometimes feel out of place because of the giant meathead dudes in the freeweights room, but I prefer it over the people working out in polo shirts in the other side.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runnergirl9508

zorbs- lol on G trying to outsprint you at the end of the run. Ugh on the tantrum. We have a fan in R's room for white noise too, don't know what would happen if we had to suddenly stop using it. Enjoy your soup- it's unfortunately still soup weather Sad

Ernie- brrr, too cold! I hope that your dr apt goes well today. bummer that you have to bring S along during nap time. maybe she'll be ok since she slept in? and at least you can look forward to an early bedtime. that's my bright spot to the days R doesn't nap- he goes to bed earlier! it's hard in this cold weather to get into a pool- even a really warm one!

Mer- glad your 13.1 went well over the weekend. Starting slow definitely helped you have a nice strong finish! sorry on the bad sleeping patterns with H. How are his naps? Oh no on the long time to poop. Applesauce and fruit like kiwi always helps R go. Yay for new beds!

CA- oh no! I hope that you don't get sick from the weekend. Uh, yeah, I'd totally cancel dinner if I was sick. No way I'm going to infect everyone else. and I agree- I'd MUCH rather be at work than home w/ a vomiting DH. He's a grown up, he can take care of himself (not to mention I have an extreme fear of puke). Poor O- hope those teeth pop through soon and give her some relief.

Kant- hey! hope you have a great run today. do you have a weather shield for your stroller? so fun that A is walking. Yay for a day of work. And nope- it's not crazy to add in another day at the dayhome so you can run/do errands kid-free. I often wish I had that opportunity! R is really good when we go out, but sometimes just schlepping him around gets old.

E-rain- nice job on the mileage this week! Last long run before Boston- how exciting! Sounds like K had a great time with the other kid. Aww, I hope you guys can get some rest soon. Yay for a new pair of shoes. I've never been able to wear NB- I have narrow feet and the toe boxes on those are all so wide.

spike- remodeled room is going to be R's new room, and baby will go in his current room. Have a great workout later! I loved your hiking pics- looks like you guys had a great time. Ugh on the wedding drama- glad it's almost over for you!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

runninmer

spike - I am the same way with the beds. My parents never bought new for us.  Our current bed, DH got before we got married.  It will be nice to have a new one.  This one is being custom made for our sleeping needs so his side is more firm and mine is more plush.  My DH never wants to travel either.  Sad

rg - H's naps aren't consistent either.  Normally, he takes one 3 hour nap a day and he is good to go.  He is off on the weekends though.  We have to just put him down and walk away.  He doesn't have a set nap schedule partially because of J's schedule. Part of me thinks that comes with being a second child, the other says we really need this kid on a schedule for sleeping!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Erniegirl

Got home from appointment at 3 pm and S was exhausted so I'm letting her take a late nap. This is probably a mistake....

~~~~

spike - Cave hiking sounds like fun! Ha ha, your DH sounds like a teenager asking for pizza instead of roast. I love weddings, but I much prefer when I get to just show up as a guest and not have to be involved with any planning or drama 

CA - Oh yes, DH at home puking makes staying at work WAY preferable. No one wants to be home with a sick man! Hope you haven't succumb to the vomiting!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15