Womens Running

Wonderful Coolness Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Ahhhh! To sleep with the windows open at night is heavenly. Smile

Post.

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday I did 25 minutes on the track, then 35 minutes cardio dvd. I’m trying to improve my performance of the moves. (Mighty Mouse strikes again.)

Today will be a track run and cardio DVD I think.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Judy - Yes it is wonderful to sleep with windows open and fresh air breezes Smile

Karen - Your TI swim class sounds wonderful!!!  I can't wait for you to do your first Tri!!!

Marjorie - I am with you on guns "scaring the crap out of you".  My DH was in Law Enforcement for 30 years, was a gun safety instructor...etc., so have lived with guns around....but literally can't touch one.  Weird.

LisaMMR - And so it begans for your "poor" co-worker....she doesn't EVEN know what will follow.....LOL   So you think there is room in Detroit for me Wink

Swim was fun last night, lots of work on technique and did 1,200 yards.  DH is taking the class too, he has done 1-2 Tri's year for 4 years....doesn't really train too much, and just suffers through it.  He seemed to enjoy it, but he was exhausted after and I am sure he will have some sort of ache or pain from it today...Roll eyes....but I am glad he is going....things are much more fun when you train...

Off to work!

Carol

camille2

Good morning!

Carol, I didn't remember that your hubby did tri's. In a way, I admire people who can just go do them. They have guts.  I otally agree with you...wouldn't want to do that myself. I've been undertrained, but never tried anything untrained.

Julie, understand wanting to buy pretty shoes.  I just bought Hoka shoes. They are not one's you'd "be drawn to like a crow. ". UGLY and expensive. : )They are super cushioned and I'm hoping they'll help with neuroma pain.  Trying them on treadmill so I can return if they don't work. You're doing such a great with your group!

Lisa, smiles on the new 5k recruit.  Sounds like the back is better-thank goodness!

Laura and Cindy, I hate when they change shoes, too. I stopped being able to wear Wave Riders and Adrenalines after updates. They just changed the Cumulus. We'll see how it works.

Ginny, nice 5!  Judy, great workouts. As usual.

Marjorie, wow! 350+ miles!  WTG!

DR, nice miles!

Tessa, WTG on running again after the ultra.  You may have felt like a little old lady, but I don't think many of them would be out running again.  : )

Karen, neat that you have a great  swim classes!

How neat is this!?!  Running Times online has two trails I run on featured in the Trails We Love section on the same page. The greenway (flat) trail   near my mom's. I did an easy run on it yesterday. The Equinox link is still up, too.

Greenway  http://www.runningtimes.com/trails-to-run/trails-we-love-big-creek-greenway

Equinox  http://www.runningtimes.com/trails-run/trails-we-love-equinox-marathon-trail

They are very different. The other trails featured look neat, too. I just started checking RT site recently and the trail pics are my favorite part. Naturally.  : )   I need to do 10 today.

Anonymous Guest

Batgirl!

Swimming again tonight. A little excited, and also a little nervous. I don't know why.....I just am. I guess because it's all new and I tend to put a little bit of pressure on myself to be perfect, which is kind of hard to do when you're learning an entire skill set!

Weather is still looking awesome for NJ Marathon this Sunday.

Oooh, camille, nice find. I don't know that I've been to the Running Times website much, and definitely not that section. Thanks for the links - and a new place online to spend some time!

Carol, cool that DH is doing the swim class too. I agree, things go much better when you're trained as opposed to suffering through. But kudos to the guy for being able to just get up and do a tri - not a lot of men these days could.

Good morning Mighty Mouse, I mean Judy! We finally have cool, sunny days after two days of rain, and it is indeed wonderful!

Trying to arrange a workshop in July and a board meeting in August. If I can find Marriotts for both meetings it should get me from Silver Elite to Gold, which will be nice for race travel for the rest of the year. I had a ton of Hilton points, but this boss prefers Marriott, so now I'm going Marriott. It's nice, because if I get a room block, I get credit for each night as well as the person that actually books the room in our block. So each of these meetings gets me 10-15 room nights, plus points for whatever the meeting costs are.

karen

Since everyone else is blogging: http://karenrunsfar.blogspot.com/
            Upcoming Races: 8/3 Fort Ritchie Duathlon, 9/14 Erie Marathon, 10/11 Hartford Marathon, 10/12 Newport Marathon,10/18 Baltimore Marathon, 12/6 Rehoboth Beach Marathon, 1/17 Charleston Marathon

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.6 for me

I see Lisa has a new recruit for running. Yay!

Carol glad swim went well.

Camille very cool they have two of your trails mentioned.

Karen hope the weather holds. Our weather here today was gorgeous.

Marjorie

Bad Ass

Hi, ladies!

I cannot wait to hop on a plane tomorrow.  Spent the morning at the dentist and now I'm finally at the office.  Bah.  Too much work!

Did 7 with 2 @ MP this morning in the HOkas.  Very nice run except for the 74 dewpoint.  Will do some miles with DH tonight.

Hope you ladies have a great day.  Will check with you again tomorrow (no internet at home still!  Well, intermittent) from the office before I head to the airport.  Take care!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

ginnyb

Good afternoon,

Judy...I am so impressed that you tend to do 2 workouts a day!  I do one or the other, good for you!

Karen...nice getting all the hotel rooms.....Now that I have decided I would like to do the Cleveland Half in 2 weeks, I can't find a hotel room!  Frustrating.  Try and relax about the swimming....you will be fine.

Did my WT this morning, planning on a run tomorrow morning.

Remember last Saturday when it took me so long to run, what I thought was 11 miles?  Well I did map it today, cause I distinctly remembered suddenly how many times I did this one loop and this time it says I ran 13.31...if that is correct no wonder it took me as long as it does to run a half, cause I did!  maybe I should run without my Garmin, I am beginning to think it might be a good idea!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, you are sneaky! But in a good way. Glad to hear that you heartened your coworker!

Marjorie, I am with you, I have never shot a gun and have no desire to learn how to shoot. The chances of it being taken from me and used against me are far higher than the chances of my being able to use it in my own defense.

Ginny, frustrating that you can't find a hotel room!

Karen and Carol, glad you both had good swim workouts.

Judy, Mighty Mouse indeed.

Camille, we were making jokes in Nevada about "no, I want HOKA shoes, not HOOKER shoes..." they surely do look clumsy and padded. Like strapping Kotex Maxis onto your feet.

Damaris, yuck, dentist.

Karen, Sis belongs to both Hilton and Marriott and accumulates lots of points in both -- sometimes there isn't a hotel of one brand in a town she's going to, but it's rare that there isn't either a Hilton brand or a Marriott brand. (Um, Williams, WV, might be an exception!)

Hot here and getting hotter, but time to haul out the long sleeves one last time...it is still snowing in SD. Yikes.

4 miles this morning, combined with a stop by the post office to get the mail and a dash up Sis's driveway to get the library book SIL borrowed. Now off to the gym for more.

299.76 for April Why didn't I run 3 minutes more at some point during the month?!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

hmm so I'm playing with booking my flight for Dad's wedding.  I will use points and I'll probably book first class.  Might as well.  Depends on which carrier I use.

Still trying to decide which airport to fly into for Hatfield.  May do Charleston WV.

Tessa so close to that 300.  So close!

Marjorie

0.0 for me today.  It is a number.

DD had second installment of tooth implant process today so worked from home so that I could drive her back and forth.

Judy-you ARE mighty but not a mouse.

Carol-I wouldn't waste anytime though... it may be close to filling up.

Camille-lucky you on the trails! I've run on the Vasa by Traverse City..lovely. DWD Devils Lake has sections of the Ice Age trail also.

Karen-that is a good way to earn points.

Ginny-go you!

Lisa

LC Runs

Hi Ladies!!

4.3 hot miles after work.  Been a long time since I  ran in 80+ degrees.  Not ideal running conditions but I'll take it lol.  Busy night with kids' practices, older DS is playing soccer adn younger DS is playing little league.  Going to be a busy few weeks.

Hi Judy, Carol, Camille, Karen, Marjorie, Damaris, Ginny (GREAT job with the 13+), Tessa and Lisa....Big grin