Womens Running

Well it is the Weekend (over 40) (Read 16 times)

8.7 miles this morning with early morning run buddy from years past (then she moved to a different town so now we are just weekend here and there run buddies) at Kensington Lake.  Chilly and windy at times but nice to see swans, cranes, and leaves changing color.  Then DD had a soccer game, grocery store, etc...

Cindy-glad that your run felt better today.  cooler and shorter do tend to do that.

Marjorie-you are right about 3.1 being better than 0 or 5.1 where you end up hurting.

Karen-The trees, and their remaining leaves, did keep rain off of us directly but we still were drowned rats at the end of our run that looked like rats trying to find the cheese at the end of the maze.  Like I said on FB,, an injured ego takes less time to heal than plantar fasciitis so good that you skipped the marathon with next weekend approaching.  I'd keep that same advice firmly in hand and maybe even consider being a crew for others or volunteering vs injuring self. Throat surgery would indeed explain the funny bark.

Camille-you are so right about running teaching us humility. Sounds like an interesting book.   Funny on the genie not coming by in your absence.  That was the hardest part of being on own.  What you leave in one place stays there until you put it away.. Lord knows my daughter or husband won't touch it!

Gatsby-sad about no rain there.  I'd take the 80 degrees though.  Froze at the soccer game in 50 degree weather.

Lisa

ginnyb

Pic of GD and I crossing the finish line....we finished strong anyway...

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

LC Runs

7 nice n slow miles for me this morning.  I've had a really nice, relaxing day  - I ran, cleaned and just hung out.  I really needed a day like today lol.

Yesterday's 5k went really well, I ran around a 23:15 - I'm not sure of exact time because I forgot to shut off my Garmin (duh!) and I left before the posted results, but my splits for the 3 miles were 7:30 - 7:40.  I think focusing on shorter distances all summer has really helped run faster.  I ended up 2nd female and got a nice pink medal

Cindy - I hate runs that are like that, but the next one will probably be great!

Ginny - great job on the 5k.  My oldest DD has been running this summer, right now she's comfortable at a mile, but I'm trying to talk her into training for a 5k in the spring.  I am so happy about it!!

Shadow - great 9 miles, your dog is beautiful!

Karen - hope Jake is doing well!!

Lisa - awesome 13.6!  I am trying to get excited for snowy runs, but even though it's beautiful, I just dread the cold and length of the season.  sigh.

Gatsby - we had those temps last weekend.  It's been chilly here but nice for running....I sure wish we could dial the weather daily for our runs ha ha!

Hi Camille!!   - that book sounds really interesting, I'll have to check it out!

Marjorie - how's the calf?

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Laura calf is fine. I rolled it again today. Not as bad as yesterday. Just time since I've radically changed the motion in my left foot I expect the muscle to be a bit flakey. It will adapt.

Marjorie