Womens Running

Weary Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

Marjorie-midnight CST is tough for us EST folks.  Hope you slept well.

Camille-we have something like that in our lunchroom at work. Cool!  Of course they could always go to the regular library and I wouldn't advise reading while biking/running on a trail. LOL  Funny on the cupcakes and not burning them off.

Sue-that would be frustrating and they have to be ready when they advertise a deal like that for the system not to crash.

Lightning and thunder here so off to gym to work out on one of the machines that is like a stair climber.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Ginny, it sounds like retirement would be a great option for you. I can certainly identify. The hard thing for me with working is not having enough time for myself. There is not enough "renewal" time. (HA!)  You know how it is, for sure.

Camille2, the little library is a great idea. I believe our library outreach had one of those in a Laundromat for a while.

Tuesday I got out of work a little late after a 2 hour seminar. The time went quickly though.

I did 45 minutes of cardio DVD when I got home. The plants seem to be happier on the balcony where they can be gently moved by the wind. They are somewhat protected since I have a privacy fence around the balcony. It has been great to have it.

Today I hope to do a quick track or TM at home run after work, depending on the present storms.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Lisa - So wish I could join you for 20 at the trail Saturday, but DH and I are going away.  Enjoy the gym....lightening/thunder here too.

Judy - Must have been an interesting seminar for 2 hours to go quickly after work!

Ginny - Happy for you on the decision for retirement.  Does your DH still work?

Have had a busy couple of days....Monday did a sculpt class then did a 20mile bike followed by a 3 mile run..., yesterday up early and met RB at the local HS track, it is a little hilly around it, so did hills and went up and down the bleecher stairs...Today am hoping to be out of work in time to go to sculpt class.

Have a great day!

Carol

ginnyb

Camille....our library has those little houses at a few places aroundd town.  I love the idea.  You just take a book and keep it or return it, or replace with a different book.  It is a cool idea.  We just started doing it a few months ago.  Business's can buy one and keep it stocked themselves if they want.

Still debating whether togo out and run this morning.  I am going in late today because I have a Dr's appt. so I have time.  Warm and humid just like I like it this morning too.

Short work week too, DH and I are going down to Columbus to visit friends this weekend.  Should be fun.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Good morning,

Lightening and thunder. One bolt in the middle of the night (or was it early morning) seemed like it was just outside of our window.  Torrential downpour too.  Going to be a fun day.

Training for yesterday: 3.0 miles, 50 min on dreadmill - at 15% incline (10 min walking backward) then 4.3 miles in pm with DS and DC (dear colleague, who lives in our neighborhood).  Not sure what I am doing today... perhaps a walk this evening (if weather cooperates) with DC.  She's recovering from knee surgery so it will be a nice easy walk, especially if I leave the pack home and drive to her house. (Yesterday, DS and I walked).

Still appalled thinking about niece's prom+ (with week off school to party with friends, $22000 for house + rental deposit, which they won't get back because they trashed the house).  Unbelievable!

Ginny, sounds like retirement is a good idea.  I agree - life is too short.  Find something you love doing!

Judy, great job with the workouts - as usual!

Lisa, hope you got your workout in this morning.  Definitely not a morning to be outside.

Sue, definitely frustrating when computers do that.  (or was it their server).

Camille, we have lots of little libraries like that.  In fact DC has one on her lawn. We noticed last night that an extension was put on one of the other ones in the neighborhood.  Pretty cool! 

Carol, You have been busy!!!  Nice job on the bleacher climb. 

3 1/2 days until we start the trip to CO/Philmont.  I can't believe it!  Seems like yesterday I was freaking out that it was 3 months.  Where did the time go?

Susan

Anonymous Guest

G'morning! Already 80 degrees here when I left the house for work at 6:30. It's going to be another hot one. I ran 5 last night, will probably do about the same tonight. It's just hard to stay out much longer than that when it's 95 and humid. I don't know how Damaris does it day after day.

90% chance of rain now for Saturday. Today is the last day to sign up for the bike race I was going to do....I think I'll skip it. I wasn't really looking forward to spending all day on the eastern shore anyway.

Marjorie, midnight EST is tough for some of us EST folks, Central time is even harder!

Sounds like some good runs and workouts going on.

Okay, it's 8 a.m., time to start my work I guess. I finally finished up the RFP I was working on and gave it to my boss yesterday. Normally I give her things and they come back in track changes with a sea of red, but this time she said it was so good she didn't want to change a thing! Now I just need to do a set of minutes and two PPTs and finish up another project this week. Crap that's a lot to do, and doesn't count all the miscellaneous day-to-day stuff that comes up. Including dealing with the idiot member again that emailed me last night asking for the same things I've already given him twice. Okay, complaining isn't going to get this stuff done. I'm off.....

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

WooHoo Wednesday!!  A woman from Atlanta wants to adopt Buddy, my foster Weim.  She drove to Mobile last night, should be here shortly.  He is a sweet dog but I am ready for my house to calm down a bit.  Three big dogs is a lot in that small house.

Returned to Group Power class after about a 2 moth hiatus.  Still the same.  Instructor is a friend of mine, but she still doesn't know the routine completely.  Wink

Have a fabulous day!!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I ended up running 9 last night, the middle 2.5 with hubby.  No speedwork but at least I tried to run a bit faster than usual.  Tonight, it's Pilates and maybe a run to and from, depending on the storms.

Sue, I hate when that happens.  My PC at work is a piece of crap so whenever there are deals like that, it conspires to screw me over.  I had the same issue with a marathon I signed up for.  got $55 instead of $1 because this stupid computer is nuts.  Hope she is a good pet lover that can give him a great home.

Lisa, we are having the same.  Enjoy the gym.

Judy, enjoy the TM.

Carol, sounds like a busy week indeed.

Ginny, jealous of your short week.  At least I leave at noon today, so there is that.

Susan, did you check the trees nearby and your electronics?  We had a lightning crash like that a couple of years ago and it killed one of our palm trees and fried some electronic stuff.

Karen, nice 5 in that weather.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Susan-I read that last night... that is crazy.  If they feel like throwing money around there are much better places to throw it.  what a horrible lesson to teach those kids too.

Judy-good morning!

Carol-strong woman you are!

Ginny-I'm possibly working in a trip to our Cleveland office since we have a new editor there who is hiring for the first time.  may take dd to tour Case Western and work a side trip in to visit you.  Will let you know.  Not next week for sure since you will be gone.  Are you usually off on Sunday?

Sue-good luck on your puppy adoption!

Damaris-lots of storms!

Did an hour on the elliptical/stair machine.  Good work for the glutes.

Lisa

Arimathea

Tessa

Susan/runnersmom, that is appalling. A week off school to party to celebrate getting through school? And they trashed a rental house? I hope the owner of the house takes legal action.

Susan/crazysue, yay for Buddy possibly having a permanent home! Scary on the lightning. Ugh on the Big Easy registration craziness.

Camille, the Little Free Library movement is a good one. I'm thinking about doing it, we have a spot at the end of our driveway that might suit.

Lisa, I meant pace with your friend...I know you will be sensible at DWD.

Karen, I'd skip the bike race too.

Judy, nice workouts!

Ginny, are you feeling better now that you have made a decision?

Damaris, I'm with you on balky crotchety work computers. Don't they know we have races to sign up for?

Marjorie, hope you got some rest.

4 warehouses yesterday, made it back to work late, taught a class, and didn't get home until 9:45. Gas light was on but I wasn't stopping. I'll fill up tonight after class. I also did not get up this morning but will go to the gym at lunch.

Tessa, sounds like a really long day.  I don't blame you for not getting up to run this am.  I hope so too.  Apparently my mom was told by my brother or SIL (not sure which) that the father of one of the kids is a lawyer so they'll get their money back.  Not sure which I find more appalling - the kids or the parents' attitudes.

Lisa, nice job on the elliptical/stair machine.  I find my glutes are so much stronger with doing the stairmaster.   And it is supposed to be lower impact than running (so good cross training, right?)

Damaris, Awesome job on the training.  I didn't see any tree damage - at least not close to the house.  And as far as I could tell all electronics were ok.  Some flooding in the area.  We're supposed to get more rain today.

Sue, Hope you find a good home for the foster Weim.  You would think after 2 months the instructor would know the routine.

Karen, Wow... 5 miles in that kind of weather... yuck!  Great job on the RFP.  And good luck getting things done.  I should be slaving away but decided to take a break to write here.

Well back to work!

TTYL, Susan

camille2

Tessa and Marjorie, I hope today is not such a long one for you two.

Susan,  appalling is a good description. Poor owner.

Carol, great workouts!  You'll be ready for Grand Canyon.

Lisa, part of the fun of this box is the location-such a surprise.

Karen, I agree with you. I can't imagine how Demaris and Marjorie run in such heat.  Maybe it'll cool down soon.

I'm here to report that the dessert last night was every bit as good as he'd promised, a blueberry/rhubarb crisp with ice cream. I have to make it sometime.  I didn't have seconds, but it was tempting.   I got home too late to do a double so plan to walk and bike later.

I  am trying to get some work done and am at the end of my rope with the HOA manager (contracted).  I need approval to replace my small deck and it's like communicating with a black hole!  We started before I left for Europe and the tentative start date was Mon. I resorted to sending the contractor license, insurance info, etc. via certified letter because she doesn't respond to  emails (sent it that way anyway) and her fax was off line when I tried to sent them. She just asked for them Mon a.m, 6-7 weeks after I sent her the contractor info.  Thank goodness I usu don't have to deal with her. Just venting!  You can ignore.

Yay!  Buddy (now Ryder) is on his way to Georgia with his sweet fur ever mommy.  She seems like a great match for him and he instantly took to her.  I love happy beginnings.  She is a runner too.  Smile

Wow Sue.  Speechless.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I go home tomorrow thank goodness. Started early this am. Now back at hotel. Got to hotel after 9 pm. Had to finish done work stuff. This early am late evenings are a lot.

Marjorie