Womens Running

IS IT ALREADY MONDAY, DIVAS? (Read 185 times)

taylorma1

Happy Monday ladies Quick one from me today

RR: probably not. I ran the last two days but they were pretty awful runs, so I think I might skip it today or just go for a light walk due to NRR

NRR: might have the flu. I got a flu shot but I am feeling not so hot the past few days. Achy body if I do anything physical, headache, and dizziness. Not fun. Just gonna rest and drink lots of fluids. First day of classes for me as well today. Luckily I am not coughing up a storm or have a fever or runny nose or else I would probably just stay home.

Klmcdona

Good morning ladies

Sassy- glad to hear that your running is going so well- that is the best feeling! Sounds like G's appointment is at the perfect time

Monk- yay for an er! glad to hear that you got some time in before your back started acting up. Hope it doesn't bother you today. Poor A! Must be touch when she is sick like that

PO- sounds like you had a good weekend for running and just a good weekend all around. Glad to hear that you are cancer free and I hope that the other issues aren't too bad or too much for you to get under control

MA- good jo b on listening to your body and taking an extra rest day. I hope that your swim goes well tonight - swimming always makes my little aches and pains feel better so hopefully it will do the same for you! Then again, my aches and pains are never pregnancy related Smile Take a pic!!

RLTW- YAY for your first run back!! I bet you felt so great to be out there running!! I hope your sister has the baby while you are still around to possibly see the baby!

GSD- those are some pretty impressive miles and seems like you are so close to your goal, but I hear you on consistency...glad to hear I am not the only one who struggles with that!

Lizo- wow, M is a gem!! I would love to go to the gym and get out of the shower to find breakfast ready! I am impressed with your morning routine..it is all I can do to get myself out of bed, dressed and to the office let alone to the gym and then to have time for a sit down breakfast!

Pumpkin- good to se eyou! great job on your run and sorry about your horrible health week last week. I hope that you are doing okay now! Thinking of you.... enjoy shopping today

Outwest- way to go on your running this weekend! I am jealous of your snow running. You are definitely braver than me when it comes to running ... you are always out there early mornings, must be dark out! I was thinking about that as I was getting ready this morning and it was still dark and gloomy.

RR- had a good long run on saturday. I had breakfast before but it must have not been enough because I was dragging for the first 5 miles. I decided to eat a honey stinger since i had a packet in my pocket and I immediately felt so much better. So, I had two more and it made my run SO much better!! Yesterday was 45 min of biking and weights. I think tonight I will swim to relax a bit and then take a rest day tomorrow.

Klmcdona

taylor- cross post- sorry that you might have the flu! What a rough year for the flu this year. Take care of yourself and feel better!!

melrunner

Pumpkin are you close to my hood???? Whereabouts are you? Sorry about the colon crap.

OWR I'm so excited for your race!!

Lizo love the wedding website.   Good luck with the house projects!

TriR got a good 50 miles on the bike yesterday. 5 miles today after work.

NtriR stayed up later watching GG so I'm dragging this morning. We did mail out most of the save the dates so that's a relief. Website looking good too. Now we need to register!!

have a great day!!!

lizo_77

pumpkin: glad you're ok! that must have been a scare! enjoy the days off in FL!

outwest: let me know how those spikes work out! I haven't been able to run consistently outdoors because of cold, but even more, slippery roads!

lizo_77

mel: making progress on the wedding plans I see!! Smile good luck keeping up with it all!

dona: love honey stingers! glad it worked for your run! you inspire me with your workouts! I need to bump up the intensity!

lizo_77

taylor: sorry missed you. boo to being sick. Sad and you have to keep up with school at the same time. hugs girl!

melrunner

Taylor the flu shot can give you flu like symptoms. Feel better and rest!

KLMC I bought cauliflower and leeks to make yummy soup!!! Great job w your run! I love all honey stinger products!!

SassySparky

Fortunately no ear infection. Dr said there is a virus going around that causes some vertigo and he had a little fluid in one ear. So we're just to watch him. He's been very healthy so far so I'm glad we haven't had to give him abx or anything other than the occasional tylenol/ibuprofen!

Anyway, my little man is 19 lb 4oz and 28.75" tall!  Much heavier than I thought he would be, but still only 40th percentile for weight.

No time for personals now, sorry! got to work late and thus have a lot to do!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

SassySparky

Monk - glad things are going well for you and congrats on the ER!

PO - glad you got some runs in!  we've had warm weather here too.

MA - wahoo 30 weeks!  Sorry you couldn't' see your nephew! G really does have a lot (7) teeth! haha.

RLTW - time flies, right?! I'm so glad to hear you are feeling so well, seriously! Congratulations on your first run!!

GSD - already looking at schools?! Aaaaah.  We need to start looking at pre-schools this summer. Day care only goes to 2 years old, so he'll need preschool starting in summer 2014, and the wait list around here is nutso. What education philosophy was the school you looked at, or was it just private?

Lizo - I'm looking for a 2:00 half marathon in March (9:10 min/mile), and under 9:00 seems so tough! Good luck!!

LucyBelle

I need to start getting in here earlier! I always think I'll have time to hop on in the morning and then get distracted...

RR: Did pretty well over the weekend, a 25 minute run and 10 minutes of core, plus 30 minutes of yoga. Tonight will be 2 to 3 miles.

NRR: Relatively productive weekend. Did a big shopping trip and I made and froze a batch of turkey meatballs, and also made a big pan of veggie lasagna in hopes of eating half and freezing the other half, but CRF ate so much of it there was no point in freezing any! I'm trying to do more meal planning and freezing because with our schedules, some nights we're not eating dinner till after 9 p.m. I also did 3 loads of laundry. We submitted our wedding "menu", finalized our guest list, ordered sample save the dates, and started our registry!

NRR2: I hate it when AF decides to throw me a curve ball. Every couple of months I get a wacky cycle. My "regular" cycle is between 32 and 34 days and I'm now on day 41 with no signs of an impending AF, other than a few cramps here and there and feeling lightheaded. No sore boobs which is usually my telltale sign. So frustrating. Grrr.

monk717

lucy: Freezing meals is a task that is kind of on my radar for after P comes. Do you cook it and then freeze or freeze and cook? Or does it depend on the recipe?

SassySparky

lucy: Freezing meals is a task that is kind of on my radar for after P comes. Do you cook it and then freeze or freeze and cook? Or does it depend on the recipe?

When G came, we made a ton of stuff to freeze.  For things like lasagne and stuffed shells, I cooked all the noodles and assembled, but didn't bake it.  For other meals like soups and chili, I cooked it on the stove then froze (but I didn't cook as long as normal, so that the veggies wouldn't be over cooked when we reheated it).  For most of the casseroles I made, we cooked them til they were about 75% done, and then when we reheated we knew things wouldnt' be overcooked.

SassySparky

When G came, we made a ton of stuff to freeze.  For things like lasagne and stuffed shells, I cooked all the noodles and assembled, but didn't bake it.  For other meals like soups and chili, I cooked it on the stove then froze (but I didn't cook as long as normal, so that the veggies wouldn't be over cooked when we reheated it).  For most of the casseroles I made, we cooked them til they were about 75% done, and then when we reheated we knew things wouldnt' be overcooked.

gsdrunner

Sassy: I know its early, its just with each grade being maxed out at 20 to 22 kids its pretty hard to get into. I dont know the method, but they have desks and bean bag for kids its really modern. With 2 teachers per grade its makes learning individualized but group focused.  We are starting to look at pre schools too. THe K-8 was more bc DH is doing work for the school and they now want us to put M through the school.  Some times DH's work is beneficial Smile

PFace: Lady, you are gotta so speedy. Great job on the run.

Lucy:  Sorry about the whole AF. I usually all over the place too. It drives me nuts. Hope she comes and very calmly too!

Monk: I make it then freeze it. So, it thaws out and then we warm it up.

FG: Sorry to here you guys got the flu.

Taylor: Hope you feel better soon.