Womens Running

Hi Ho Hi Ho Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

Off to work (out) we go...

NO!  I wasn't talking to you! Sheesh. 

Shadow-go back and read your pros and cons... what is your first thought?  yes or no.  If money isn't an issue or time away from home being problematic then go with your gut on it.  If not "racing" then I think the distances are fine.  If "racing" (what ever speed that is for you) then you are pushing it.  Just don't get sucked up into everyone else I know is doing it or has a race that weekend mindset (says someone who lives with this every weekend-not to sound overly dramatic there but I am a medal addict.. ohhh... especially for those that have spinny parts or animals on them or are colorful or a big or metal or come on a ribbon.. yes.  It is a problem).

Karen-go for it and race the race.  Then do nothing else for the rest of the year since you won't be able to walk.  So sorry to hear about Jake.

Tessa-wtg getting your sanity time in!

Hi Ho.. it's off to NY I go today.  Will post annoying pics from Central Park tomorrow.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Karen, :::HUGS::: for you and Jake.

Gym track is 8 circuits for a mile. It's a nice track.

Monday I had a regular doc check and got my flu shot. This shot gave me a mild but achey and queasy reaction for most of the afternoon so I bagged the run but did 55 minutes with the cardio dvd. This morning the arm is very sore but I feel much better otherwise. At the end of last winter I had what the ER said was an influenza, even though I had had a flu shot.

Today will be a fasting blood test, work, grocery stop, a track run and then cardio hopefully.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and my SRD or 6-7 tonight.

Lisa, but I do not what to go to work!  Scratch that; I have been here forever.

Judy, hope the shot does not make you sick.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hi!  5 miles this morning with Jeffrey.  We saw a woman running ahead of us and he had to sprint to pass her.  Whew!

Also--IM Chattanooga--they found a dead body in the river on the swim course.  Yikes!

Karen--sorry to hear about Jake.  I love my dogs like my children -- almost.

Judy--enjoy the track run

I live in a small town and have been using the same mechanic for 20+ years.  I drop off my car for an oil change and they bring me back to work.  Driver guy says "Ok, where do you work out?  I know you must run--with those legs you must run a lot".  Lol.

And it's off to nowhere I go. I am not joking when I say that they just announced a hard stop for incoming flights at LaGuardia. Cue the Fantasy Island little guy. Stage left. "De plane. De plane".

Judy- good luck with the tests.

Sue-you go girl!!!  I usually just inspire people with the "if you can do this so can I" thought when they look at my legs. That is crazy about the body being found.

Lisa

Hobby Jogger Especial!

Good morning. Ran 4 miles with my dog this morning. No rain this morning, but still damp out.

Lisa - thanks for all the thoughts on my possible race. Sorry the NY trip isn't working out.

Judy - hope you're feeling better after your shot

Docket - hope the workouts go well

Sue - nice run and a nice compliment!

Karen - sorry to hear about Jake. I hope they can do something to make his breathing easier.

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, seriously? O'Hare shut down this past weekend and then LaGuardia today? Ouch.

Shadow, I agree with Lisa -- do it if you want to but don't feel you have to race if you don't feel like it. Some of us race a lot. Others don't. We can all be runners no matter where we stand on the racing issue.

Susan, oh dear, sorry. Um...were they missing any competitors? (Answer per the newspaper: no, this was apparently unrelated. EEEWWW.) When was Chattanooga, this past weekend, right? (And having just googled it, although the news is very sad, may I make a snarky comment that if I was putting on an event with the major charity beneficiary being the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation, I'd probably want to find a sponsor other than Little Debbie...)

Judy, hope you feel better, and thank you for getting the flu shot.

Damaris, I didn't want to be at work either...I could use a day off!

4 this morning, no RN since she had an early meeting on the other side of the county. I want to go to the gym at lunch. Haven't weighed in at goal+2 since before we drove across country and I really need to shift a few of these pounds.

Karen, countdown is on! Dinner Friday night with a bunch of the runango and WW ladies?

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1pilates  later.

Back for personals in a bit

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Karen sorry on Jake. Do you mean congestive and not congenital? heart failure.

Found out yesterday Laura and I have a common friend! She knows one of my good friends from high school. The world can be small

lisa I'm glad I'm not flying anywhere this week. But the rest of October and November is a whole other story

d how did Pilates go?

Sue oh goodness. Hope they don't find anything else!  I can't believe the stupid stuff people do. How could someone think tacks and oil was funny?

Shadow what did you decide?  I'm a non racer. I gave it up last year.

Tessa good luck to you and Karen on the double

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Yes, congestive. Oops. And it turns out - his heart and lungs are okay. Problem is with his larynx. Laryngeal paralysis. Seeing the surgeon on Thursday. If it doesn't get the surgery, he could just stop breathing and die within minutes. So surgery it is.

Tessa, I'm excited (even if I finish Hartford limping and have to sit out Newport and spectate) about the trip. Friday dinner sounds good.

Another rest day since I had to deal with taking the dog to the vet before work, then got into work late, then had to deal with the vet and set up the surgery with another doctor, then picking up the dog......

Hi to all

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel