Womens Running

Winter Wallop Wednesday - Supermoms (Read 14 times)

superspike113

Honorary Old

coleslaw.

Ok, I have stuff for coleslaw, and I like it. DH is not a fan but it is delicious with pulled pork...

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

beckykay

Ok, for me -

RR:  4 this morning on a cold foggy morning.  Trail running club meeting tonight.

TR/FR/NRR:  Swimming at the Y after I pick him up from school, then subway for dinner and errands.  B-party on Sat. to shop for. Busy day.  At least he is trying super hard to earn his star on his reward chart everyday.

DH is pretty much useless to me today, he is in meeting then has to run to Richmond to pick up a cell phone chargers for his work phone.  Seriously - a 2 hour drive for a charger?????

superspike113

Honorary Old

becky- why doesn't he buy a new one for like $10 at walmart?

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

spike - If I leave more time to get somewhere, then B totally behaves and we're where we need to be super early.

becky - what happens at a trail running club meeting?

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- mornings have been a struggle. R has been waking up between 6:30-6:45 and we have to leave at 7 to be on time. We've been leaving around 7:10 because of his dawdling and fighting/tantrums so then I'm really rushed in my driving/drop off. On the other hand, its really nice being able to sleep til 7ish vs 5 am on the weekends, so it might make up for it.

runnergirl9508

RR2- ended up with just 3.5 miles today- forgot to throw my screw shoes in the car when I left for bootcamp this morning, and there was 8" of snow on the ground by the time I finished, so there was no way I could have run in my regular shoes. Drove home and ran from home, which was a nice change of scenery!

Ernie- lol on the sprint run yesterday! glad you beat the truck home. Hahaha on S wanting coffee. have fun at the drop in play today- our center is closed due to the snow storm.

CA- have a good recovery run today! wtg on the hill repeats! Hope the preschool tours go well and you like them. aww, sad to not see O! Ugh on waking up early- it's the worst. Enjoy your day off. I kind of feel like a jerk when I have a day off but don't want to hang out with anyone- sometimes it's nice to just be by yourself! Yes, I typically don't mind winter either- it's just been soooooo cold.

Mer- have a good spin class tonight! Oh NO on H's wake-ups. I'm sorry- that truly sucks. I hope you can figure out a solution soon so everyone gets some sleep. R goes non-stop in the hr from dinner until bedtime, regardless of how much we've run around and played all day. it's funny. hope you can get a lot done in your free time!

zorbs- wish I could have put him outside last night- but it was 7pm, and freezing cold! lol. Fortunately, DH will run laps with him around the house while I clean up the kitchen.

Becky- hope speech went well today! nice run this morning- have fun on the trails tonight!

spike- brrrr, chilly! the gym I used to work at is actually CLOSED today for the snow storm. in the 6.5 years that I worked there, they closed early maybe 3 times, but never closed for a whole day. ugh on the dawdling. R does this "Cute" thing now where he'll run away from me when I tell him it's time to put shoes/coat on. I've started to pretend that I'm leaving without him, and that gets his butt over in a hurry! nice quiet day at work for you! I'd go with corn pudding, coleslaw, baked beans. Brownies and ice cream for dessert.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - too bad the gym is closed!  I was too lazy to drag all my winter running gear to work, so just TM'ed it.  Haven't heard back from any company on any job... Sad  DH just had to get O ready for the dayhome yesterday and was remarking how easy it is to get out the door w/o M!  I like the coleslaw idea w/ pulled pork.

mer - if I didn't run at lunch, I would get home an hour earlier, but I like to take the break anyway.

becky - I left my charger at work on a friday and just went to best buy and bought a new one.  Do you get to run trails tonight, or just talk about them?

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Erniegirl

zorbs - Hope you had a good ST session. And now you can get a bonus one shoveling your driveway  I always feel like my arms are fat when when haven't ST'd in a week. I was able to floor it off my driveway when I left this morning, but when I came back the plow had come by so shoveling had to be done.

rg - Sounds like you ended up getting a lot of snow after all! Is it still coming down? It's still really snowy and windy here and I am hoping it lets up a bit so we can play outside after S's nap. I always enjoy after-dinner wildness because I figure there's chance it will lead to good sleep. And it's funny 

CA - Hope you like the preschool! So frustrating on not hearing anything back about potential new jobs. I totally get it on wanting to just have the day off to yourself - sometimes you really need that!

mer - Ugh, first wake up at 10 pm is brutal. It's the worst feeling when you're exhausted and have just fallen asleep only to be woken up. Ha ha, S still sleeps like crap some nights so maybe I am being punished too. Being in a small town means I know all the moms who go to the community centre to a certain extent. Some of them have become actual friends that I hang out with outside of the centre and others are just mommy friends that I chat with while I'm there. But everyone is nice, so that is good.

becky - Lol, aren't we awesome for priming these kids for coffee addiction at such a young age. A two hour drive for a charger on a day you have so much stuff to do? Not cool, DH.

spike - That is kind of annoying that the gym closes for the entire day every month! LOL on coffee being the last thing S needs...so true. Coleslaw and baked beans with the pulled pork!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15