Womens Running

Snow again Sunday (over 40) (Read 20 times)

ginnyb

Feeling great....I went out and did a 4 mile walk/run again this morning.  Except when the wind was blowing snow in my face, it was quite enjoyable.  Felt good to get outside.  Predicting frigid temps for next week, so since it was at least single digits this morning, figured I may as well give it a whirl and glad I did.

Keep warm.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Sharing my limerick about Ginny running in the snow..

Once was a Librarian named Bess,

whose grandkids never would guess,

that she now likes to run through the snow when the wind starts to blow,

earning her the badge of bada$$-ness.

Lisa

LC Runs

Ginny - awesome job!

Hi Lisa!

5.3 on TM for me. followed by 100 squats and a few minutes of chairs (wall squats)

Hope everyone stays warm today, I am doing nothing but cleaning and going to the grocery store lol!

Anonymous Guest

Well, I guess I'm used to one weekend thread, because I posted on the Saturday one! Anyway, here's what I had to say.....

It's supposed to get up to 29 today and the streets in my neighborhood are dry, so I'm going to run outside! Waiting until this afternoon and the warmer temps. Which means I should get off my butt and do other things this morning instead of just sitting here on the computer drinking coffee. Trainer ride yesterday wasn't that bad. I have a program that ties into my Garmin and trainer and you pick a workout and it shows you a graph and tells you what power numbers to hit throughout the workout and what you're actually doing. Then I put the computer on the big screen with Chromecast. Just having changing numbers to hit keeps my mind occupied. The program (Trainer Road) costs $10/month, and it's totally worth it for me. I can most definitely feel it in my legs today though!

Ginny, your weather must really be bad if they closed the library two days in a row. We close things here in the drop of a hat, but you guys are used to cold and snow!

Carol, yay for marathon training! What plan are you using? And nice job on the cold run.

Lisa, cool pics - bet the game was pretty fun. And I'm laughing at you guys showing up in the gym dressed alike.

Laura, later training plan start is a definite advantage for a June marathon!

Damaris, you've had a rough few days. You deserve to do whatever the hell you fell like, whether that's go for a run or read a book and relax.

Tessa, hope Calico goes well!

Marjorie, any fun plans today?

Gatsby, that's so cool that you keep doing the Western States aid station. Saw from friends on facebook that yesterday was the Three Bridge Fiasco on the bay. We started that race twice and finished zero. Sounded like yesterday's forecast (0-5 knots of wind) meant a frustrating day for the racers.

Camille, hooray for water! And for the gym. And most of all, for the weather being nice enough for a walk.

Okay, so last night I was up late finishing another book (and I still have 5 left to read from the library, the holds are coming in faster than I can read them, even though this is the fourth I've finished since Disney). It's called What Alice Forgot and is the story of a woman who falls off her bike during spin class and wakes up having forgotten the last ten years of her life. She thinks it's 1998 and she's happily married and pregnant with her first child, and finds out it's 2008, she has three kids and is in the midst of a messy divorce. It's not particularly deep or incredibly well-written but it really did make me think. Relationships that were fine ten years ago but are strained today and how she really doesn't like some of the things she has become, but does like some things, etc. If I woke up and thought it was 2004, I'd be a non-running heavy drinker. I also started thinking about my relationship with DH and others and how they have changed over the years and how I have changed and is there anything about how I've changed that I don't like (the main character finds out she's become sort of bitter and condescending). Like I said, not the most amazing book I've read by any means, but it did make me think. What would ten years ago you think of today you?

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ginnyb

Lisa....so glad you posted the limerick here!  I thank you for the limerick!  My mom was a great limerick writer and poems, wish I had some of her stuff...

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Hmmm.. My 10 year ago self would be prett amazed if I say so myself. This was the January after a year of losing weight. I wasn't quite at "goal" but approachin it. Was sort of stuck in a job (earning nearly half what I do now) and still dealing with an ass of an ex.   Wasn't running yet. this is pretty much where I barely dreamed I could be health and job wise.

Lisa

It is even cold here on the gulf coast!  Friday night all the bridges were closed due to ice and the interstate was pretty much gridlock due to the accidents and pile ups.  Supposed to have more freezing rain/sleet starting Tuesday.

Yesterday I tood the day off and had a "Susan" day.  Cleaned, sewed, knitted, baked banana bread and made a pot of stew.

I needed a day off.

Did 13 miles with the group this morning.  9:30 avg pace.  I was good till the last quarter mile, then I was just struggling at 10:15.  Glad it is over.  Got up 4 times with Ben last night and DD & BF woke me twice.  I am really dragging today.

Lisa--loved the limerick.  Clever!

Need to go walk Jake so he will leave me alone.  Sky is clouding up.

Tessa--how was Calico?  Damaris--feel better.

Hope everyone has a great day.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

No run. Just didn't feel it.

Made dh go for a walk and we also went to Lowes.  We also started planning what our home improvement project will be this year. Looking like closet system in our bedroom, redoing the pantry and new hot water heater and home wide water filter. Works for me.

Marjorie

DH and did 14 miles on a nice flat trail along the ocean.  He trains half as much as I do, and moans and groans when I tell him we're doing a long run, but then he gets out there and trots along for 2+ hours like it's no big deal.  Which is both annoying and impressive.  We are still stuck in a warm dry spell here in NorCal but the forecast says there might be rain on Thursday.  Fingers crossed!

Karen, funny to look back 10 years to think about where we were in our lives.  In 2004, DH and I started running and did our first marathon (a 5:45 slog in Maui, terribly undertrained with one long run of 13.1 miles to speak of, no clue what we was getting into!).   It was a rather inauspicious start to my running career, but for some reason it didn't put me off of running but rather made me want to get better at it.  I was two years into my first job as a lawyer in 2004, which I stayed at until 2011.  Doubt that I would have lasted that long or would still be in that profession if I didn't have running to give balance and joy to my life.

Ginny, stay warm indeed!  Good for you for getting out there.

Lisa, haha on the limerick.  So without jinxing anything, do you feel your knee is better?  Getting close to better?  Great that you're out and about again.

LC, you're a squat machine!

CrazySue, good for you for taking a "Susan" day off from work.  I did sort of the same on Friday and worked from home.

Marjorie, I've got a few home improvement projects to put on your list if you run out of your own, haha.

Hi to everyone else!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Gatsby-thanks for asking.  It's not perfect but it's definitely better.  I ran 5 days this past week... not a ton of miles, just under 13 miles, but no limping or sharp pointy pain.  Weather kept me from anything long this weekend but I'll take what I can get.  Been rolling and stretching too. Keeping with the upper and lower body weight machine workouts (alternating them) and the PT exercises at least once a week. The weight machines keep me from spending much time on the TM.. which I think is probably for the best.

Nice trail run!

Lisa