Womens Running

Thermal Thursday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

Wear 'em! -4 with a feels like of -23... no school today.

Be safe to those of you with ice!!!

Lisa

Anonymous Guest

Only 11/feels like -3 for me. That was cold enough. Three. more. weeks.

Ended up running 8 last night. I think mentally I could have run all 11, but I ran out of time. Just so busy with work and trying to sell a house and buy a house and move halfway across the country.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ginnyb

No school here today either.  I was in Columbus until Tuesday.  Have not exercised at all in a week, bad me.  Having a crisis within our family, quite serious, but not something that I can discuss, just asking if you would send some positive energy my way, it's going to be rough.  Feeling rather down.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Good Morning!!!

Did an hour on the trainer last night and spin class this morning.  I was pooped before class really started but hung in there.

Speaking of hanging, Ginny---hang in there!!!  Wink  I hope everything works out

Lisa--Wow!!  That is COLD!!!

Will have to look at the washer tonight.  Wanted to see if there was something we could do before I called the plumber.  Ugh.

Have a great day!!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Ran 6 last night and 11 with 2 X 3 miles at MP this morning.  Working from home, so I'll squeeze a Pilates class after work and some miles with hubby.  I wrote an RR from my Sunday race; it's in my blog if interested.

Lisa, ouch at the weather.

Karen, nice 8 nonetheless.  You'll remember me when you run in hot weather in TX.

Ginny, enjoy Columbus.

Sue, nice workouts.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day. Travel for work. Standing in the longest line I've ever seen at a rental place. For real I've been in line for 25 min and barely moved. They must have had a sale.

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Ginny, will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Glad you are safely back from Columbus.

Lisa, that is awfully cold. Do they cancel school often?

Karen, I bet you can't wait to be out of there and in Texas...

Susan/crazysue, good luck with the washer repairs. Wow on the ironman training.  What size shoes do you wear, anyway? I don't remember your feet being remarkably big. (However my DS wears 12W so I'm somewhat immune to big feet unless they are on a yeti.)

Damaris, wow. Lots of miles! How is DH doing?

Marjorie, is this a car rental place? Sorry you are having to stand in line so long.

No run this morning, I wanted to sleep. Will head for the gym shortly. Work, then class, then straight to the airport. Don't look for me tomorrow or Saturday, I'm teaching most of the day.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Tessa it was at the airport in Charleston. It took me an hour and twenty minutes to get my car. That is insane,  i've never had to wait so long.  Especially there. The other counters weren't busy. I guess Enterprise had some big deal as it was an insanely long line wrapped way around almost to baggage claim. They only had two people working and it took a long long time. The other rental companies couldn't come close to the prices we were getting. Shame for them. Several people did attempt to get a car with another one but they were a lot more expensive. I just had to tough it out.

Marjorie

Weather woes.. I know.

School already cancelled for tomorrow since it will be -12 (feels like -25) at 7am.  Lucky me.  I get to go to a career fair at MSU. At the point we are carrying our stuff in at noon it should be 8 degrees with a -6 feels like temp.  Poor students who are coming to it trying to look professional.

Then I drive from there to where the Forensics meet is since we're spending the night. Thank God we aren't there tonight (-18 in the morning! oh and that's a feels like -31!!)

I'm just ready for cold weather.  You know single digits, maybe some teens???

6.25 on TM this morning since no school.

Ginny-hugs your way!

Karen-no need to rub it in.  Lucky girl!

Sue-broken washer.. ugh!

Damaris-nice run!

Marjorie-bummer on the long line!  sometimes they overbook on line too and the counters are left to deal with the problem.

Tessa-no they don't cancel DD's school often.  Tomorrow will be the 3rd day this year.  They usually allot for 6 days I think,

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

Tessa, he is slower now but injury free and finishing the races strongly.

ended up running 2 with hubby tonight after Pilates.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

No school here today either.  I was in Columbus until Tuesday.  Have not exercised at all in a week, bad me.  Having a crisis within our family, quite serious, but not something that I can discuss, just asking if you would send some positive energy my way, it's going to be rough.  Feeling rather down.

Ginny

Thinking of you and sending good thoughts.

Hello to everyone else.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR