Womens Running

The Thursday (Over 40) (Read 23 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

GL with the race Tessa

Just looked at my calendar.  The pink ones are at 627 miles.  Maybe 2 more runs.

Marjorie

ginnyb

Tessa...a couple inches of snow is usually okay to go running as long as it doesn't melt and then freeze.  If that happens then it is too chancey to run early before the sun comes up.

Marjorie....I think Tessa may be right..he is lonely and wants a companion ,, she is also right in saying women usually don't!!!  Funny isn't it??????  I don't think I would ever marry again if something happened to DH, I love him dearly , but......just sayin

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

mommymac

So the running in the undies in the dead of winter is "to put hilarity in charity." I guess that works!

Carolyn

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Tessa...a couple inches of snow is usually okay to go running as long as it doesn't melt and then freeze.  If that happens then it is too chancey to run early before the sun comes up.

Marjorie....I think Tessa may be right..he is lonely and wants a companion ,, she is also right in saying women usually don't!!!  Funny isn't it??????  I don't think I would ever marry again if something happened to DH, I love him dearly , but......just sayin

Ginny

Oh, yes, sister. I agree.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

Did 5.7 this morning on tm.  Mixed up some inclines with some declines, some fast with some slow.

Marjorie-too funny that there is another Thursday in January.. guess I want it to be done!

Judy-sorry to hear about your coworker/friend. hugs.

Camille-safe travels and have quilting fun!

Carol-my weighin is on Thursday night and I explained to one lady that I need that weekly weighin because otherwise everyday would be Friday.  I'm sure that you know what I mean.

Damaris-hope you found some mojo!

Tessa-we understand.  we all have to make tough decisions on where and when to focus our efforts.  Healthy for us to recognize the point at which what we give is hurting us.  Sort of like the theory that if a pregnant woman isn't eating well the fetus will leech the nutrients from her organs and bones (I don't think this is true but I remember hearing that for years). Leaving mother weakened. We've hit that point with son and kids.  I had backed off a bit as you all know but dh pretty much has imploded on that front. Part of the stress from issues last week or so.

Carolyn-I'm sure you'll find a route that will be great.

Amy-cold is cold. sleet is even worse. yuck.

Sue-sounds like you just did a Karnel's amazing run.

Ginny-safe travels to Toledo.

Karen-darn migraines!

Tessa-I ran in shorts and tshirt today too! What a coincidence.  And those people running in undies not only are daft but they will surely feel a draft. <insert rimshot> <and roll of eyes>

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Lisa I sent you an email

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

I did find my mojo and ran my awesome 10.

I agree about the husband and remarrying.  Haha.

DH put me on BCP; hoping the bloating goes away now.  And the multiple periods.  I hate being a woman sometimes.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page