Womens Running

Wet Wednesday - Supermoms (Read 16 times)

running eh

zorbs - I need to try to make French Onion soup sometime.  I made a crockpot version (with beer) years ago and it was good!  Love that B has that tea party so well organized!  How is he enjoying school?

ernie - S is so funny!  Glad your neighbours came to tell you about the car.   Do you have a recipe for those kale and potato cakes?  Glad you are taking a rest day.  I am so pumped for you marathon - you have been amazing with all of your hardcore training through this nasty winter.  So far I have only seen a small amount of rain here - I wonder if the mess they are calling for is still coming!

mer - sorry the chili wasn't as good as you had hoped, but wow on DH toning it down for BFing and LOs.  I don't think my DH would bother.  I don't do too well with spice, but I'm getting a bit better.  I have noticed that our youngest does the best with it (of the kids) probably b/c we eat things a bit spicier than we did when the other two were little.  Have fun spinning!

CA - do you make the perogies yourself?  I love perogies, but I have never made them and I am nervous to buy them just anywhere....Hope you aren't too stinky at your meeting Wink  The fireplace seems to work on and off - so I have no idea what is wrong with it.  I looked for a switch, but I don't see one.  (I suck at that kind of thing...)

rg - what do you eat for bfast now?  I ate half a grapefruit and some oatmeal and I was starving within an hour and a half - weird, that normally fills me up!  haha on the hill repeats!  I was thinking about you this morning.  I have really popped lately and I remember at 15 weeks you weren't showing at all - I am jealous!

spike - yay for girl time!  My sister had an Ahni and Zoe party on Monday night (scrapbooking stuff)  I don't scrapbook, but I was tempted to go just to get out of the house and hang out with other women!  Nice job on the hike!  Do you carry R in an Ergo?  I think I should look into something like that this time around.  Too bad about R being sick.  I hope he feels better soon, and I hope you guys don't catch it!

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

r-eh - I have made perogies, but they are so labor intensive.  These ones are from a place my mom buys them from in Saskatchewan, they are super yummy.  I've bought the grocery store version before but they just aren't the same!  Our fireplace has a access panel that flips up on the bottom and inside is a red button that you push in once, and then the next time I turn the switch it works.  Ours is very unreliable too and probably should be replaced - it's old and ugly too, but we just haven't gotten to it yet.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

runnergirl9508

zorbs- glad the rain held off for your run today! so cute about B playing tea party. I love the imaginative play. Homemade French onion soup- crockpot recipe?

Ernie- have a great ST workout today. HAHAHA on S being in one of your nighties. I'm sure if the neighbor knows S well enough, they know to expect crazy shenanigans like that from her Wink Ick on the weather. It's not bad here, 38*F, but the wind is whipping at 20+mph making it feel like it's in the 20's. I nearly froze at the park with R this morning.

Mer- have fun at spin class! How old is H now- 6 months? glad that you and J got some playtime together. Wow- busy schedule on the weekends. That's how we are in the summer typically- from Memorial Day to Labor Day we have something going on every weekend. I remember you saying once that you always have banana muffins with your breakfast- weird thing to remember, lol. Not sure if my stomach would like muffins/bread before I run- typically I have to limit the amount of sugar I eat otherwise it bothers my stomach. I usually have plain oatmeal with berries, or a boring cereal like Kashi with almond milk and berries.

CA- bummer on forgetting your bottoms! hope you have a good run after work. ha, if R was grumpy I would have left him alone, too. YAY for O staying fever-free and talking more. I typically have a bowl of oatmeal with fresh berries, or cereal with almond milk and fresh berries for breakfast. I can't eat anything heavy like eggs before I run/workout, as it just sits in my stomach. Same with peanut butter- it just sits in my stomach, even if it's been 2+hrs since I've eaten it. I know if I could figure out some sort of protein that I could tolerate it would keep me full longer. I'm also lactose-intolerant, so I can't do milk products. Fun.

reh- hooray for getting some good exercise! how are you feeling? bummer that the fireplace isn't working! hope the kids like dinner today. aw, cute about DD and her glasses.

spike- yay for R doing well with the hike! I took my R to our local nature center last summer/fall a few times, and he was way ahead of me on the trails. He loved it! Oh no- I hope the barfing was just a one-time incident, and R's not getting sick. bummer on DH working during his off time. Enjoy your night out- I could use one of those.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

running eh

rg - what if you made a baked oatmeal and baked an egg or two right into it.  Maybe having it that way would bother you less?!?  Or what about overnight oats made with dairy free yogurt?  Do raw nuts bother your stomach too?

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- boo on forgetting bottoms! Can't run without those, unless you want to be "that guy" in jeans :P

zorbs- The thing I hate about the record player toy is that R has a hard time doing all the variables- cranking it it up, getting the records on the little knobby things, sliding the needle over, switching it on and off. R has very little patience for that sort of thing, so he wants me to help him change the records every 5 seconds or he won't play with it at all. I think I help him too much with stuff and baby him at times, but he will just go without if I don't help.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runnergirl9508

mrszachmorris~ not sure if you're reading along, but I was thinking about you. I know you're getting close to your due date, and I hope all is well!

reh- I've made baked oatmeal before, and the recipe calls for an egg- I should make up some more of that this weekend! I'm usually ok with nuts- I should grab some raw almonds tomorrow when I grocery shop. thanks for the ideas!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

running eh

YES!!   MZM - wondering how you are doing!!!!!

Erniegirl

mer - Having booked up weekends like that is kind of fun, because you usually have a lot to look forward to, but the downside is definitely when you look ahead and can't figure out when you're going to get any free time. Bummer on H being sensitive to the spices. Bland chili doesn't even really count as chili!

CA - Glad you were able to rejig your running schedule today so that you don't have to be stinky or bottomless . I always serve perogies with sauteed onions and bacon, but whenever I read about your perogies, I think that I should try the farmers sausage sometime.

rg - You don't have a snack at all between the bootcamp and run? There is no way I could make it through both of those with no snack, no matter what I ate for breakfast. Maybe you can pack something small like a banana or even a GU to have before you run. I also remember being crazy hungry in my second tri - I had to eat two breakfasts and two lunches every day! Lol on R doing hill repeats. S loves to run intervals, so maybe they could train together!

eh - An hour of prenatal yoga does sound pretty long and boring! I can't handle more than 20 minutes of yoga. I think we know where S gets her short attention span from, ha ha. Our fireplace has an access panel at the bottom but the pilot light is a sliding lever rather than a button. Also, the switch to turn on the fireplace is a bit wonky, and sometimes we have to flick it on and off several times to get the fireplace to light. http://www.marthastewart.com/862206/mashed-potato-and-kale-cakes That's the potato and kale cakes recipe I actually don't have any bacon, so I will swap in either salmon or egg and cheese.

spike - The hike sounds like fun! S would not let me carry her for long either, unless she was really tired.  on the barfing this morning. Hope it is short-lived! I really hate wind for running, but at this point, I would definitely take the crazy winds over this ridiculous non-stop winter.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

ernie - I like that the options were rejig, stinky or bottomless... that skipping the run wasn't an option, because it isn't Smile  I'll sometimes do bacon with my perogies also, and sometimes bacon, onion AND farmers sausage!

RG - I was going to say raw nuts, or even a lara bar, I think they have snack sized lara bars now.  I also like ernies suggestion of having a snack between, even a banana might get you through.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

mrszackmorris

Hi Ladies! I'm still pregnant as my due date is quickly approaching come this Sunday. Feeling good. Was running up until last week but have succumbed to walks now. We are all feeling very ready to have a baby in the house. C insists the baby is a sister, so we will see if his premonitions are accurate. Not much more to report at this point but do know that I think of you ladies often! I'll be sure to post once baby #4 makes an appearance!

superspike113

Honorary Old

Good luck MZM!

TR update- DH said he's acting totally fine other than saying he's tired but refusing to sleep. DH dropped him at his Godmother's house for a bit so he could go to the gym.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - no real recipe..caremelize onions (today I added mushrooms), beef broth, a sprig of thyme, a blob of Marmite, crockpot on low for a few hours.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/