Womens Running

Off we go Monday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

Off to work, off of being off.

Good morning!

Gatsby-thank you for the pics.  Love them!  wouldn't want that ice on there though!

Sure wouldn't go on the trails now either.  That black ribbon of frozen slush is now even frozen firmer with snow on top.  With wind chills we are at -10 today.  Off to the gym.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Cold snap in progress here as well, Lisa.

Friday was a 45 minute TM run. I used older shoes with the arch supports and the PF hurt.

Saturday was 60 minute run in newer shoes with the arch supports and PF was much better.

Sunday was another 60 minutes running on the TM, same as yesterday. PF is still better. I am thankful but cautious.

Today I will continue with the TM. Getting ready for a fun trip next week. Thankfully, it will be to the south.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Good Morning.  Back to the grind for me.  Gonna be a crazy day, so I'm just going to grin and bear it. 

2.5 on the TM, followed by abs, pushups and squats.

Lisa - all snow here, about 8-9 inches - it's pretty but would  be fine if it went away now lol

Judy - so glad you are heading to a warmer climate, enjoy the vacation!

camille2

Good morning!  I did 3-3.5 yesterday, again easy.  This afternoon should be in 40's, so I plan to do 4-5 at a more decent pace and probably in town.

Judy, I'm glad your foot is improving.

Lisa, I love the pics!  Fairbanks was really cold, but sometimes the beauty was breathtaking with that subarctic light and the hoar frost on the trees. Your pics remind me of that.

Gatsby, I love your pics, too.  As you've probably guessed, I love waterfalls. Yours is a nice one.

Tessa, I can't imagine 1200 people hiking on a trail.  That sounds like a city race.

Carol, your advice on preparing for a hilly race was great. One of my resolutions is to do the 450 stairs at Amicalola every 2 weeks while I'm here. It'll make for a pretty workout.

Laura, I hope your day isn't too bad.  It's been nice "seeing" you more.

I read over the weekend, but don't remember anything else.  I'm trying to get a couple projects finished.  Hi to anyone I missed!

Hey!  Happy Monday!  Back to the groove.

Did 10 miles yesterday with my running buddy.  Good run.  This morning was core and stretching.  I am so stiff!!

Lisa and Gatsby--love the pics!

So BF lost 4 lbs over the holiday and I gained 6!!!  WTH???

ginnyb

Did my WT at home this morning, then cleaned the bathroom,  worse household task for me.  Work tonight.

Loved the pictures Lisa.  I am envious of the trails so near for you.

Once the holidays are over is when the reality of winter really sets in for me.  Just try to grin and bear it.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Work has been crazy all morning. 6 miles after work.  Between a light migraine and my tired legs, I ended up not running yesterday.  Much needed, IMO.

Lisa, hope you enjoyed the gym.

Gatsby, gorgeous pictures.

Judy, enjoy the TM.  Hope you get to go somewhere fun.

LC Runs, nice workouts.

Camille, have fun with your run later.

Sue, nice job on the 10.

Ginny, nice WT session.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

rest day for me today.

Gatsby nice pics yesterday

Judy if you get close to Charleston again, remember I'm here.  And, Tessa and Karen will be here too for the race....

Marjorie

annieSusan

SDO for me, since I had a routine colonoscopy this afternoon. Nice to get that out of the way. Everything looked fine, so I am good for another ten years. Doctor said I could run tomorrow. Yay!

Resolutions:

put weight training on a schedule

lose those last 4 pounds, for goodness sake

daily gratitude list

Bikerchick1

Off we go Monday...that is for sure!  Had a very busy clinic day today, but it is ok, I so love what I am doing now!

Missed stability ball class, since I wasn't done in time.  But came home and did a speed session on TM.  Tomorrow am trying a new class - cycle/yoga Smile

Hi to all!!!

Carol

Bikerchick1

Lisa - Are you doing that Resolution FA run???

DM at gym this morning... took me long enough to get there with as many layers as I needed to put on and then take off to work out.  Only had time for 2.5 miles but better than nothing.

Alberta Clipper is touching most of us I'm betting.  Hunker down time at the gym that's for sure!  Tomorrow I'll do my weight work out and focus on upping to next weight level on machines (every few months I do this so nothing drastic). I also started "the stair challenge" with dd.  Walk up and down basement stairs 5 times today, 6 times tomorrow, 7 on Wednesday.  You see where this is going.

annieSusan-good to hear you're set for 10 years!  good resolutions!

Damaris-gym was okay.  would always rather be outside but not in sub 0 temps with ice.  hope your migraine goes away!

Ginny-I bet you have trails by you.

http://alltrails.com/trail/us/ohio/happy-days-ledges-and-pines I think this is too far though.

http://trekohio.com/sandusky/ might be best source.

Camille-that will be a workout!

Judy-south would be nice.

Laura-I would prefer snow over the glazed ice we now have.

Sue-that is not right.

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

Horrid 6 miles.  Not sure if it was the heat, the humidity, or that I am getting a bout of asthma 4 days before the Goofy challenge, but I could not breathe today.  Hoping for a better run tomorrow.

My dad is in the air on its way here!

Marjorie, hope you enjoyed the RD.

Annie, hope the colonoscopy went well.

Carol, nice TM session.

Lisa, that is better than nothing.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page