Womens Running

Over the Hump Wednesday Supermoms (Read 21 times)

Erniegirl

Bermy - You can do the splits?? Mind blown. That yoga class would have killed me.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

BermyHorse

ernie - just don't tell DH as this will open up a whole new world for him in the bedroom. I can't bend forward or backwards though like in this image

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- I used to be able to do the splits, but I haven't tried it in a while. I did gymnastics from age 3-10. Yeah, I'm really looking forward to our new house, we designed it with DH's shift work in mind- sound proofing in our bedroom, his and hers closets in the master bath so you can dress without waking the other person, living room over by the other bedrooms. Last weekend we had to come home at 10 am because it started raining. On Saturday I will take R to my friend's house in Connell for a visit, so that morning is taken care of.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

bermy - nice run as usual!  I actually quite enjoy that type of yoga as long as the instructor isn't pressuring you to stand on your hands if you're not ready for that, they really need to provide muliple options for those types of poses, but it's pretty amazing what the body can do.  I found a couple of yoga for runners 20 minute short videos on youtube last week and did them back to back, they really helped relax my tight runners hips.

spike - I've been to spokane but haven't been there to try to 'experience' the city type trip - just to shop. I think you should go, I love even just eating alone!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

BermyHorse

spike - I would limber up a bit before you try splits... the last time I did them was at RP's BBQ and me and her 8yo were designing our own gymnastic routine. She, clearly, went to gymnastics, me on the other hand, I was freestylin' ghetto-nastic.

superspike113

Honorary Old

spike - I would limber up a bit before you try splits... the last time I did them was at RP's BBQ and me and her 8yo were designing our own gymnastic routine. She, clearly, went to gymnastics, me on the other hand, I was freestylin' ghetto-nastic.

I pulled my groin the last time I tried to do a cartwheel. Limbering up is a must! I can do pigeon pose pretty well, so I could probably do the splits.

I remember a little girl asking my big sister at school once "Is it true that you can do the splits all the way down to your China?"

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

BermyHorse

Spike - I am killing myself laughing out loud. You really brighten my day and nap time. Thanks! I, for once, have absolutely nothing witty to respond with. Just awesome.

CA - how are you feeling about your two big weeks and your trail race?

BermyHorse

spike - I am planning on knitting this - the throw not the socks or girl.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Bermy - trail race was awesome - the report is on my blog.  My hamstrings were sore, and my run on Monday was SLOW and very much in my recovery pace zone.  Legs are feeling great now though, so I'm ready to rock the next 2 weeks Smile

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- have you ever done cable knits before? That blanket is awesome. I bought a book to teach myself a bunch of different knitting techniques, but I never got around to pursuing it.

BermyHorse

spike - yes I can cable knit and have done jumpers before. This looks relaxing I think although there are so many stitches it's done on round needles but knit in rows.