Womens Running

Too Much Ice Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 16 times)

ginnyb

Pretty sure that I did not make it in to NYC....darn!   I may try charity, but not sure yet.  DH's nephew lives in NYC and his sister is a member or nyrr...he is checking with her to see what I need to do if I do decide.  I really want to do it and I am not getting any younger, besides the race is the day after my 66th birthday this year....I think this is the year.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Ginny-hope you can find a way to get in.

Lisa

Anonymous Guest

Ginny, I was really hoping you'd get in. That stinks. I have seen a couple people say there are charities that you only have to raise $2500. Which sounds like a lot, but since you haven't done charity a ton in the past, you could probably post a couple times on fb and send out a few emails and raise the money. I'd donate. I have a friend that has run it for charity several times for Fred's Team - can find out info if you want.

Susan, that is so cool about the knitting group woman. Sounds like she's really making the effort and has a good chance of making it stick. I love hearing things like that.

Cindy, athletic yoga sounds interesting. I tried yoga and found it kinda boring, which is how I ended up doing Pilates, which I think is way more fun. But athletic yoga might be less boring. I know people who swear by the awesomeness of yoga.

Tessa, a year already? Dang time flies. I don't know if I said anything at the time, but I was very impressed with the way you handled that whole situation. Yes, I have Ohio twice already, Flying Pig and Cleveland. I've heard Toledo is a good race, but with this move both training and logistics are proving difficult. Tentatively thinking about Marathon to Marathon to knock off Iowa in June. It will be hot and humid, but I should be used to that by then. If Toledo magically works out, okay, but I'm going to stop stressing about it.

Marjorie, probably best to space out the speed work. Sometimes I feel really awesome after I hit a hard workout and am ready to run hard again, then a couple hours later, like a truck hit me.

Lisa, hooray! Looks like one more run on the roads for you.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel