Womens Running

Holiday madness Monday - Supermoms (Read 14 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ER/RR - Christmas lights run tonight with Emma, distance TBD.  This crazy house is along one of our usual running routes.  I didn't go outside all day yesterday but I saw pictures of people with skates on literally skating down the street, I hope the roads are better than that here.  ST this morning at the gym.

TR - was totally insane yesterday.  Running around like crazy, playing flying tackle with my stability ball and bonked his head a few times.  Oh, and no nap of course, but DH and I had one, and he found the bag of Christmas presents for DH and I from MIL while we were sleeping and put them all under the tree.

FR - curry chicken noodle soup.  Going to finish the grocery shopping this morning after work.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

RR: heading out for 6-7 miles once it gets light out. My first and only PT client cx this morning- sounds like she has the flu!

TR: DH took him to Home Depot and the park yesterday while I was out shopping. He had a blast!

NRR: Christmas presents are all purchased- DH and I will wrap tomorrow night. I have to make cookies and fudge, but won't do that until tomorrow afternoon.

zorbs: there was a jingle bell jog here on Friday night, but I couldn't go because DH was working late (so I would have had to bring R)  and it was raining. That's crazy about all the ice!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Erniegirl

RR - Going to do my postponed long run this afternoon. Would like to do 21k, but distance is going to depend on how much the roads have been cleared. The sidewalks are still skating rinks.

TR - Was still wide awake at midnight last night, signing the alphabet and shouting out the names of everyone she knows. Despite that, she was still awake before 8 am, so there'd better be a good nap in there today.

NRR - Going to visit my friend and her baby this morning. I am planning to leave in an hour and she hasn't cancelled yet so I think it's really going to happen today! I think my mom is going to be coming to stay with us and possibly some friends as well because they lost their power during the ice storm on Saturday night and are now being told it might be days before it gets restored.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: running with RP after work today. Didn't run Saturday or Sunday but made up for it with packing and moving boxes to the garage at the new house.

TR: Didn't nap at his godmother's house yesterday so he fell asleep at 5:30 pm. He wet the bed around 10:00 and we had to change him and the bedding, then he ended up in our bed later. He's not liking his room since its down to just his bed, dresser, bookshelf and a rug now.

FR: Last night was chicken teriyaki. Tonight something with ground turkey. Christmas dinner tomorrow- Ham, cheesy potato casserole, asparagus, fancy salad with pomegranate arils, orange segments and orange viniagrette.

NRR: Working part days all this week. Off at 3 today, 2 tomorrow, and 1 on Thursday/Friday. We got at least half our stuff moved out to the new house but are waiting on occupancy permits and the cleaners before we can move in. Bedroom furniture coming Thursday- I have a feeling I'm going to have a headache for weeks with all the new stuff off-gassing. I am really super sensitive to petroleum stuff- new car smell, new carpet, paint, etc makes me sick.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- whoa that is quite the christmas display. I think in the last 8 years, DH and I have put lights on the house maybe 3 times.

Runnergirl- I have a feeling that DS's godfather will not get a present for xmas since I put DH in charge. We went to Home Depot yesterday to buy utility shelving and storage totes and it was so dead in there, the employees all looked so bored.

Ernie- you'd better confirm with your friend lol

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - is a jingle bell jog a race? or just a group run to look at lights?

ernie - my parents live at Leslie & Eg and have been without power for close to 24 h now, I keep texting them asking them to come over but they refuse to.

spike - it is too bad it's not warmer so at least you could keep the windows open at your new house to air it out.  It's kind of pricey, but why don't you buy those disposable bedmats so at least night time sheet changes go really quickly?

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

superspike113

Honorary Old

spike - it is too bad it's not warmer so at least you could keep the windows open at your new house to air it out.  It's kind of pricey, but why don't you buy those disposable bedmats so at least night time sheet changes go really quickly?

He normally sleeps in a diaper, but last night he was a limp, fussy noodle so I took a chance and put him to bed in undies, which obviously backfired lol.

Oh and re temperatures- we had freezing rain here too, the world is an ice rink.. We still have power though, luckily.

runnergirl9508

RR2- 7 miles this morning. Felt tired today and never really got into my groove. Oh well, tomorrow's a new day.

PGR: 13 weeks today, OB apt this morning. I don't care for the newest OB dr that's in the group- he seems rather unsure of himself. Baby is doing good- HB of 163 this morning. I'm only up 1.5lbs, and it's all in my boobs. Seriously I wish I was one of those lucky women whose boobs don't get bigger during pregnancy. I was a 32A (barely) after weaning R/before getting pg with this one. Is it bad that I'm already looking forward to weaning this one and having my boobs shrink back to nothingness? I hate dealing with boobs. sigh.

Ernie- hope you can get out and get your LR in today! I can't believe the crazy  ice storm you guys got over the weekend. it was 65* and raining here all day yesterday. OMG on S being awake at midnight!! I'd be checking into a hotel to get some sleep, lol. I hope she takes a long nap for you today. Have fun with your friend and her baby today.

spike- enjoy your run today! Yay for moving progress!! that's so exciting. Ugh on the no-nap/early bed time. mmm, your salad sounds yummy! I love pomegranates! DH and I go thru 2-4 a week when they're in season. Boo on the wet bed. I'm most nervous for the overnight aspect of PT as R wakes up most mornings with a  VERY full pee diaper. I shopped first thing yesterday morning- was at Target by 8am, and it was AWESOME! I pretty much had the store to myself.

zorbs- it's just a group fun run, 5K distance. glad you guys maintained power!

Erniegirl

Thank God for screw shoes! The conditions have improved quite a bit, but the rural roads in my area are still awfully icy. I ran 14.5k, so less than planned, but I would not have made it out at all without screw shoes. Also, did not make it to see my friend's baby. I had to do the cancelling this time because my car is completely frozen shut and stuck on my driveway. DH defrosted it and dug it out for me while I was running and it took him over an hour. I was pretty glad to have not driven an hour to my friend's place when I saw how bad the roads still are.

zorbs - Christmas lights run sounds fun! I should go out for a nighttime run this week since DH is off. So silly about your parents not going to your place. My mom kept calling me and my sister all day yesterday complaining about having no power and we both kept telling her to come over, but she kept saying no. She finally agreed today.

rg - How does your OB practice work? Do you see a different doctor for each visit?

spike - That fancy salad sounds yummy! I am in charge of salad for Christmas dinner at my sister's house, so maybe I'll steal that idea.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

runnergirl9508

Ernie- there are 4 OB drs in the group, and you rotate through seeing them at least once throughout your pregnancy. That way you're "comfortable" with any of them on delivery day. Of course if you're scheduling a C-section or have a high risk pregnancy you can specify which OB. There's also a PA at the practice who sees patients but doesn't deliver. I like 3 of the 4 drs.

Kantkatchme

Zorbs-  cute about B putting the gifts under the tree. I like the idea of running a route to see the lights.

Rg- enjoy your day off.  yay for healthy baby!  I miss having small boobs too! unfortunately I would have to go back to being amaciated for them to shrink.  I got the big boob gene.  Sigh.

Ernie-  I hope the roads are cleared for your run,  and that your friends and family all get their power back soon.  At least S is happy when she is up late, I hope she naps!

Spike- yay for having stuff at the new house.  I am the same with new stuff and the smell.  maybe it will be warm enough you can open a few windows? Your salad sound yummy.  I love salads with pomegranate in them.

~~~~~

rr- 7 today.  Hopefully DH is home before dark.

br- has Fomo, poor muffin.  Has given up sleep for fear of missing something.  Woke up screaming bloody miser last night, after 5 min I went to check and found her soaked standing in the hall holding on to the railings.  She had vomited all over the bed and then crawled into the hall.  Made my heart break.  I feel like the worst parent.

Nrr-  cooking dinner on Wed is starting to stress me out. Th IL's want us to come for breakfast and presents, but I need to put the turkey in the oven!  We are also hosting boxing day lunch for my side of the family.  There were 8, now there are 12 people!! I don't own 12 plates

Erniegirl

rg - That's good that you get to have an appointment with all the OBs so you at least know the one who's at your delivery. And 75% chance you'll like the doc!

kant - Cooking turkey used to intimidate me but it's pretty low maintenance once you get it in the oven. Are you making all the sides, too, or will you have help? Ugh, hosting Boxing Day lunch as well as a lot of work! Buy some paper plates with a Christmas design on them so it looks like you're just being festive and less clean up for you, too, then 

superspike113

Honorary Old

kant- Paper plates are a friend to everyone!  Brining turkey makes it very moist.   Its pretty cold here, so I doubt I will do much airing. I'm most worried about my mattress being stinky- I might have to sleep in the guest bedroom for a while.

Sounds like Thursday would be the soonest we can move in. We had to submit our water for testing for the 3rd time today (DH did a bleach flush of our well on Friday) and if it passes they will do our occupancy permit, test takes 48 hours.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

kant - I've only made a turkey once and I delegated it to MIL.  I don't own more than 3 of any kind of plate so I think we had mismatched plates but Royal chinet is pretty swank too. Smile B had hand foot and mouth and it was horrible, so much screaming.