Womens Running

Super Duper Weekend (Over 40) (Read 20 times)

Bikerchick1

Ginny - Good for you getting out in the snow!!!

Lisa - That is alot of race swag for a 5k!

Off to run with RB's...hoping for 12.

Carol

camille2

Lisa and Ginny, I did the same quiz on Facebook.  It said my career should have been astronaut, too.  Not quite!  I saw Gravity last night with friends and I am not interested in that career. : )   I  changed 2 answers that were borderline-still astronaut.  It did say other suitable career would have been researcher and that's spot on. I like the quizzes, too.

One thing I find fascinating about Facebook is how quickly the same thing pops up from across the country-one day  from AK and the next, TN.

Carol, way to tough out a run. I'm glad it was fun.

Lisa, that is a lot of swag for a 5k. Sweet!

Gatsby, when do you leave for your marathon? That'll be an adventure.

Marjorie, the floor looks great! I put a similar time in downstairs.

I did the short hilly loop yesterday and had no significant catching type pain this morning, just a little niggle.  I'll try a longer one today. They predict 60!  From 60 on Mon, to 10 on Wed, back to 60. Yeah!

ginnyb

Well I did brave the elements and go out and ran this morning.  Only a little over 3 miles, much more snow that I thought.  I bet we got 6 inches and nothing had been plowed or shoveled yet, so it was kind of tough going.  I did fall once, but on my butt, so no harm done.  I figure plodding 3 miles through six inches of snow, must be at least as much effort as 4 or 5 miles on dry pavement, right??  right???  Yeah, I think so!  It was beautiful out though, and so quiet.

Big Super Bowl party at my oldest sons' later today.  Can't wait for some chicken wings!  I will be glad I used up some extra calories this morning.  GO BRONCOS!!!!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

5.2 for me. I would have done more but Quincy was in stealth protective mode last night. He sat by my head staring at the window for a long time this am then laid down on my head. No idea what he was protecting me from but he was pretty insistent and wouldn't let me get out if bed. So couldn't get up when I wanted to.   We are back from puppy pool. The grout is done. I'm going to paint that room later today so it will be all done.

Ginny ugh more snow??  Saw the pic on Fb with the dogs. Lots if extra effort so more calories burned when sledging through snow.

Lisa as hope the race went well.

I did did that quiz on fb. I'm supposed to be a professor.

Camille le seems the hip is getting better.

Marjorie

SugarLand

Can someone explain to me again how to post a photo from my iPad thanks

Chip time 36:25 for the 5k this morning but hardly represents effort.  twice I thought I was going to throw up and that NEVER happens to me.  Was seriously like running in sand. Sand on top of slippery cement.  Major effort workout.  Was fun though to run with Gene (of Quip fame) and brave the elements so to speak. Never done a 5k wearing Yaktrax before and darn glad that I had them on but really wish the snow had been the packed kind not the type that was on the verge of switching to slush.  Oh well. Just about 2000 people did the race.

Lisa

Bikerchick1

Camille - Glad you were able to get out without any "niggles"!  Crazy weather!

Marjorie - Always feels so good to have a room painted!

Sugarland - Wish I could help you....but I have tried with no success.

Lisa - Good for you on 5k!!!  I hear ya, on the "effort"...I am surprised the road wasn't clear for you with that many runners!  How fun to see Gene!

Ginny - Enjoy your SuperBowl party!  My DD#2 and new SIL have one, but the "old" people (us) don't get invited...LOL...

We did 12 today on our rail trail  It was plowed and cleared out 3 miles, so we did 2 out and backs.  Felt like a breeze, compared to all the slipperiness of yesterday.

Carol

Anonymous Guest

I do all those silly facebook quizzes too. I also got astronaut. And meatball sub, and Great Dane, and sushi if you're wondering what kind of sandwich, dog or food I would be.

So I ran 9 Friday night after work, then rode my bike on the trainer for an hour and twenty minutes Saturday morning then jumped on the TM for a quick mile. Then after laundry and errands I ran 6 miles around the neighborhood. Then this morning 13 with 8 at marathon pace. My legs are done. The last of my MP miles was about 20 seconds slower than the rest, but they still averaged out to 8:11 pace, so I'm happy. Tired and sore, but happy. Really tired.

Now I'm kind of annoyed. We're going to a Superbowl party at one of DH's friends house. I'd rather stay home and snuggle under a blanket with the dog and read a book. But he wants to go, so we're going. And now I'm making some things to take to the party while cleaning the house, and he's.....napping on the couch. I haven't been able to stay awake past 10 o'clock in days - hope I don't fall asleep at the party!

Ginny, way to get out there in the snow this morning! I am so ready for winter to end, and our weather isn't near as bad as yours. I'm hoping the storm that brought you snow today stays to the north and we just get rain tomorrow. Right now they are saying it could go either way.

Camille, yay for no significant pain - hope today's turns out just as well.

Carol, nice running.

Marjorie, love the new floor. We have ugly linoleum in our laundry room too. I have other projects in line before replacing it though, like new kitchen countertops and fixing/replacing the oven (it's a double oven, but the top one broke awhile back).

Lisa, wow, that sounds hard. Nice job!

Sugarland, you have to upload the picture to another website like tinypic.com, then put the link from there into the box in the link button. I'm not sure how it works on the ipad - mine is so old it crashes all the time so I mainly use a laptop now.

Since I seem to know more Broncos fans than Seahawks fans, I guess I'm rooting for the Broncos tonight. Hope you all have a good night! Also, I don't want to go back to work tomorrow already.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

SugarLand

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

SugarLand

thanks it worked with tinypic thus is a photo from Yellowstone

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Room done I painted it this afternoon. Now they can put the washer and dryer back  and shoe molding on tomorrow night when dh gets home from work.

I love  to paint!  It is a grey color. Was brown. Looks good. I also got some new baskets for the shelf

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Beautiful pic Sugarland.

Karen we do a big project every year. This actually isn't the project. Just a side thing. The custom closet and pantry will be the big project.

Probably  will do it in March. I want new cabinets in the kitchen but that will wait the longest. We did floor and granite several years ago.

Next year will be the office.

Later this year will be new refrigerator.

Lisa wow on those conditions!

Marjorie

Busy weekend.  I had to have Ben put down on Friday.  After being home with him for 56+ hours I realized how weak he was.  He couldn't stand or walk, I had to carry him all around and hold him up to eat and drink.  It was time.  I miss him.

Saturday was a quick 3 miles and hours of errands and a commissary trip.  DS2 and Deuce came for the weekend.  He is at DS1's house for a super bowl party tonight.

Did 15 this morning and I am wiped out.  It was misty/foggy/warm/windy/cool all at once.  Crazy weather.  Wow Lisa!  I could not leave the house with all that snow!

Marjorie--laundry room looks nice!

I made my Halloween pumpkin (uncarved) into soup for dinner.  I have wanted to do that for months.  Smells yummy.

Go Hawks!!!

I do all those silly facebook quizzes too. I also got astronaut. And meatball sub, and Great Dane, and sushi if you're wondering what kind of sandwich, dog or food I would be.

Ha! the newest one I took is on what kind of parent. "effortlessly cool" is me. Cracks me up. The one I was stuck on and asked dds opinion on was what her friends thought of me. She confirmed "weird".

Lisa

Vicki- easiest way is to right click on your photo in Facebook (assuming it's there) then click on properties. Copy the long address and past it into the image option here.

Carol- most of the race was through subdivision Where the hard pack had been softened and now was that shifting snow pack. It really was high on the effort scale. The day before was awesome running in snow. Not so today.  That new series looks fun! May downtown Detroit in connection with the Atwater Brewery, August in Jackson at a vineyard, October in Flushing at a hard apple cidery. Nice bling!

Sue-you still had a Halloween pumpkin?!!

Lisa