Womens Running

Too Much Snow Approaching (Over 40) (Read 14 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tell us snow isn't coming. We've had enough.

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Monday I had a light, easy run on the track for 35 minutes.

Today will be a track run of some sort.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

camille2

Hi judy!  I hope if it snows, it'll melt quickly!

Lisa, it sounds like you need endurance to be a judge!  Good luck to Katie! Sweet that it hit 50!

Sue, is that a new marathon for you?

I decided to go out yesterday afternoon and did about 2.5 walk/run on the short trails by the creek here.  There are a couple of waterfalls that are great  (if you can ignore the roads and culverts just above them). It was sweet with the sun glistening on the water. I'll  walk this afternoon. It's too nice not to do something! Bad weather is returning tomorrow with rain and 20-30 mph winds. I can rest then. : )

Good Morning!  Snow????  And it is supposed to be in the 30s at the end of the week here.  Sheesh!  Enough winter!  Enough!

Cut the grass yesterday--the center of the back yard was a mud bog, but it is done.  Supposed to pour this afternoon, so I really needed to get the weeds cut.  Also bagged --got some of the leaves up.  Those live oak leaves do not suck up into the bagger well.  But it is an improvement.

Swam this morning.

Yes, this is a new marathon.  My running buddy wanted to do it so I allowed myself to be sucked in.....Her husband is going, so I don't have to drive at least.

Have a great day!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I ran 5 miles yesterday (bike ride Sunday) and they felt great.  Today, it will be a short recovery run or a bike ride, we'll see.

Judy, enjoy the track workout.

Camille, sounds like a gorgeous area.

Sue, which marathon is that?  Hope it does not rain that much.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Yay Damaris!  Glad to hear you are running.

Zydeco Marathon in Lafayette, LA is March 30.

Anonymous Guest

Yesterday's 6 miles were slow. I started at a hobble (things still hurt a bit from racing Sunday) and gradually sped up to trot, where I spent the rest of the run. Feeling better today, which is good since I have 12 miles on the schedule. The high is supposed to be 70 degrees today. I will not complain if I get "hot" on my run. I will embrace the warmth. Tomorrow is windy and raining, so I will bike in the basement then.

Susan, so marathon on March 30? I guess you're close to tapering now? And maybe you're a little crazy, but it's a good kind of crazy.

Camille, I'm envious of your beautiful trails. I hear you on the scheduling - I'd probably be better off running the 12 tomorrow, but I'm not passing up sunny and 70 to run in windy rain tomorrow!

Damaris, your recovery is coming along great! You will be back in no time.

Morning Judy, enjoy the track.

Lisa, DD's extracurricular stuff sounds exhausting....for you! Good luck to her next weekend. Reading your posts reminds me I should thank my parents more often for doing so much for me growing up.

Ginny, not another storm for you guys! I think you've had more than enough this year. We had some snow in the forecast for next week, but as it gets closer the chance seems to be getting smaller, and if it happens more likely rain. I hope you guys get to that point soon.

Marjorie, glad the neck is feeling better!

I brought a bunch of food in this morning and I think I've eaten it all already! And I'm still hungry - lunch can't come soon enough for me. But first, gotta get more work done. Finishing up the minutes from last week's meetings, then working on powerpoints for our big Spring Meeting at the end of the month. My boss told me yesterday that one of my chairman is incredibly dull and the other is kind of an asshole, so she wants me to present some of their slides at the meeting. Yikes! Although I will say it is nice to be somewhere where I'm given responsibility. In my last job, they didn't seem to think I could do much at big meetings other than man the registration desk. Of course, I will also be manning the registration desk for parts of this meeting - there are only 8 of us on staff and only 6 going to the meeting, so we're all wearing multiple hats.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

8.1. Pilates too.

Karen hope oped your hunger abated.  Your hobble is probably my fast pace

GL on the marathon Sue

not more snow!  You all have to be so sick of it

sounds pretty Camille

Marjorie