Womens Running

Mortified Monday (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Mortified. We have gone from Winter to Summer. Our seasons are so weird.

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Ginny, congrats on the first place medal. And congrats to all of you for your various efforts.

Friday I did 35 minutes running on the track. Breathing practice is going very well. It’s so nice to feel that running is less effort.

Saturday I did 35 minutes of cardio DVD with 10 minutes of running. Then I spent an hour out in a field practicing my golfing…hitting balls out and then walking forever to find them again.

Sunday Buddy and I did 70 minutes out on the trail. It was Spring in the morning but Summer by afternoon. Ohio is a strange state. We have been known to have three seasons here in only one day. The afternoon was pleasant. I attended a play, went out to eat, and planted some pots of veggies.

Today I plan a track run.

Happy runs, All!

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Good morning!

Nice to catch back up... hopefully I can continue.

Had a nice day with DS and DH yesterday.  Awesome to celebrate his achievements and high school graduation.  It wasn't easy, being dyslexic, but he made it through with honors.  Smile  Low key day as all my family is in NJ. I'm hoping we can celebrate his and my niece's high school graduations when we visit during the summer.  Got in a 3.1 mile run in am (first in over six months) and then a 2.5 mile walk with DH in evening.  I've been doing a ton of exercise in the last six months but all non-running (stairmaster, elliptical, walking on treadmill at up to 15% incline - backward and forward, bike,  swimming, and walking with backpack (up to 30 lbs).  Hopefully, I'll be ready for Philmont.

Well stairmaster calls!  I'll try to come back later to do personals.  Have a great day!

Susan

Bikerchick1

Judy - I agree - winter to summer!  Sounds like a lot of exercise for you....as always!

Susan - Saw the FB pictures of gradulation!  Big Congratulations to you & your son, I'm sure it has not been easy!  You have certainly been putting in a lot of time with your exercise and should be well prepared for Philmont!

LCruns - Great job on your 20!!!  Will this be your RB's first Marathon?

Gatsby - Cute picture!

Decided this week-end to go ahead and do a couple of Tri's this summer.  I wasn't going to, (This would be my 8th year of Tri's - usually doing 4 or so a summer).  But figured it is good cross training, and if I take a year off not sure I would start back up.  Soooooo, yesterday did a 16 mile bike ride, then jumped off and ran (probably only 1 mile)...but counts as a "brick".  Today - stability ball class Smile

Carol

Happy Monday!!

Had a great time Saturday at the Grandman Sprint Tri in Fairhope, AL.  Fairhope is just east of Mobile on the bay.  Spent the night with some running friends -- the house is close to the race which really helped!!   The swim start is to jump off the pier, around a buoy and back to the shore.  Had a good swim --water was really calm.  The bike start is at the bottom of the bluff, so you have a steep climb to get out to the main road.  Wasn't as bad as I remembered.  I love the bike course through the country pretty scenery and beautiful beach homes. Ride went well--I averaged 19.1 miles--my fastest bike race time yet!  Whoa!  End of bike is a sharp left turn and back down the steep bluff.  I took it easy and was fine, but a couple of guys crashed into the crowd.  Yikes!!  Run basically sucked.  Had to run up that steep hill and I didn't think I would make it.  The run course was hillier than I remembered and even though I had a gu at mile 10 of the bike ride I was out of gas.  Then side stitches.  Ugh.  Survived the run and was happy to cross the finish line.  I didn't place (7 out of 18 in my AG) but was happy to finish in one piece.  Smile

Showered and then hit a couple of antiques places on the way home.  I went to a tag sale--opened at 1:00 and it was CRAZY TOWN!!!  They had been talking it up on fb for two weeks and it was nuts!  I did get some "crystal" punch cups and creamer/sugar stuff (I think it is glass but I kinda liked it and it was only $5 for 7 pieces) and an old Ball jar with lid for $5.  I think there were a few squabbles over some furniture pieces, but I decided to get out of there.  Too crowded.

Relaxed the rest of the weekend.  Rained a lot, so I stayed inside, did a few house chores, and knitted.  Yesterday did an easy 6 miles and some yard work.  I'm moving grass from the flower bed to the bare spots in the yard.  Walked the mutts.

This morning was a good pool swim.

Yay Ginny!  You EARNED that medal!  Glad they made it right for you.

Lisa--trail run sounds wonderful.

Y'all have a great day!

camille2

Sue, congrats on another tri!

Susan, congrats on your son's graduation. He must have developed a lot of patience and persistence.

Judy, it sounds like the breathing is really working well for you. Maybe a way of relaxing everything and making it smooth?

Karen,  this is probably the latest I've returned, though it was late  the year the tornado hit.  I'll need to come back early to help with my mom, too but I might just make a short trip back here.   I'll just have to make the most of every day there. : )

Carol, 8 years of tri's?  Wow...you are in great shape! Those seem hard.

I walked 50" in the development.  Very nice morning.

camille2

Bikerchick1

Crazysue - you have really been racing a lot!!!!  Sounds like a hard course...WTG.

Camille - glad it is 3 weeks total of Cipro.  I bet you are getting exited to get to Alaska. don't know if I would say 8 years of Tri and "great shape" for me LOL.  I have done all sprints and only 1 Olympic.  I have noticed a big change tho in 8 years.  there wasn't near as many events,, and lots of "newbies" with all sorts of bikes...now has gotten much more popular and events almost every weekend within driving distance.

carol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Monday rest day.

Susan an saw the pics on fb. Congrats to ds

Carol good for you on the Tris. I'd do okay with run and swim but bike I'd not do well at. And I don't even want to try.

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Congratulations to the racers! And to Susan's DS on his graduation.

Another crazy packed weekend. Trail maintenance on Saturday, I didn't know it would include 4 miles of hiking each way just to get to the trail head then another mile in to get to where they were working. Brutal work. But another lady and I managed to carve out and groom about 60 feet of trail between us. This trail was originally cut in the 30s and hasn't been maintained since then. Phew.

Mortified was me this morning -- woke up with the alarm, then woke up again nearlly an hour later to find a text from RN who had waited and then gone back home. We'll try again tomorrow.

Tessa-that had to be a first!

Lisa

LC Runs

Hey everyone....glad Monday is just about over

3.1 evening miles, had to wait for the rain storms to pass through.  Legs felt pretty good considering yesterday's LR.

Judy - I know, we went from winter to summer in one day.  Weird.

Susan - Congrats to your son!!

Carol - yes, her first.  She is more of a sprinter and is quite speedy in 5-10k's.  Her mom died last summer of breast cancer and is doing this to scratch off her bucket list.  I think we are both looking forward to the camping and boating we'll be doing after the race lol

Sue - great job on the Tri!

Camille - I am so loving the weather 

Hi Marjorie - hope you enjoyed your rest day!

Tessa - I had a morning like that, I tossed and turned from 3 am on and then when my alarm went off at 5:15, I turned over and went to sleep

Hi Lisa!