Womens Running

Typical Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Typical is a good thing in some ways.

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

MarjorieAnn, you are certainly NOT whining. You have a difficult situation there. Also, many beds now are very high off the ground. That can assist older people with getting into bed without bending, but have so much more height from which to fall! Falls are not funny.

Monday I went to the track and ran 35 minutes. Gym was very busy. The PF started hurting as I started to run, but backed off nicely as I continued. The shoes helped a lot. I am constantly wearing my arch supports.

Today will be a light run after picking up milk at the grocery.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

Well I ran 5 miles on Saturday, did weights on Sunday and did3 on the TM this morning.  Hope I stay motivated.

One of my twin GDs has pneumonia and so does my DIL.  They seem to get sick frequently. So I am worried.  Seems there is always someone to worry about.  I try not to, but seems to be built into me.

First day back to work for me, been off all last week and yesterday.  Believe it or not, I kind of missed PARTS of it.  Our new director starts this week, so it will be an interesting few months I am sure.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Bikerchick1

Judy - Glad your shoes are helping!  Typical is a good thing sometimes!

Ginny - Happy you are getting your Mojo back!  Hope your GD and DD recovery quickly.

Susan - I would do the half at Pinckney.  Good luck today....

I am taking a vacation day today, kind of quiet at work and the office assistant is there today...my manager interviewed and hired her before I even met her.  I was worried, but she is the BEST!  Very mature, down to earth, young woman.  I am so happy to have help...makes life much easier.

Meeting RB for a run this morning...it is brrrrr cold here, in the teens.  We have been spoiled this winter so far, so I guess this is to be expected

Carol

Anonymous Guest

Back at work for me today. I'm glad I decided to take a vacation day yesterday, but now I'm wishing I'd have just taken the week! Oh well, I should at least be able to get a lot done - it's quiet here. My foot is a little tender from running the last 5 days, so I will bike after work instead tonight.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Thanks everyone. The dad thing just makes me sad. I know my mom will kick his ass some day. He is just ignoring his own family.

Didnt run today. Cold and rain and running around the mall parking area didn't appeal today. It isn't a bad run. I've done it before many times. There isn't a sidewalk on this part of the main road. The loop is several miles so not hard. I just didn't feel it

Ginny poor kiddos. Hope they get well soon

Tessa I agree. Even if it was McDonald's again. Anything would have been fine. Heck, even a card if he couldn't afford something right now with a note that he'd take them to the movies or something when he got back up there in the spring. Honestly he could have asked me and I would have gotten stuff for him.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  My 8 last night went really well, and ended up being progressive from easy to MP.  Groin is barely hurting (if at all).  Weights tonight.

Marjorie, what a tough time.  Sorry you are going through all this.

Judy, glad the shoes are alleviating the PF.  Enjoy the run.

Ginny, enjoy your first day at work.  Hope your GDs get better soon.

Carol, glad you liked your assistant.  Enjoy the day off.

Karen, there is still time to take the rest of the week off!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Ginny, hope your DGD and DDIL feel better soon. Yes, stay motivated!

Judy, you're right, many beds are high off the ground -- easier to get in and out of but definitely there is a risk of falling. Can one get a bed that's like a hospital bed with controls to raise and lower it? That might be a thought for when the bed needs replacing.

Gym was quiet yesterday but that was probably because so many people are off. I expect it to be jam packed next week.

Carol, glad you are getting help at work. Stay warm on the run!

Karen, it's very quiet here too. You could shoot a cannon through this office and not endanger many people. Try not to bike too ostentatiously,your DH will be envious...

Marjorie, I hope your mum will be waiting for your dad with a rolling pin in hand. What he is doing to his grandchildren is just not right. Sorry you were not feeling it today, sensible though to take a break if you don't feel like running. You do plenty of miles!

Damaris, good run! Much easier to start out slowly and increase pace.

4 with RN this morning. I was dragging noticeably but was glad I got out there. (Um, yes, finishing off some of the leftover wine and chocolate for dinner last night probably had something to do with it...) Will go to the gym at lunch, probably. I have a dentist appointment so leaving at 3:15, but we are slow -- all my 1/1 renewals are done thank goodness!

ginnyb

Okay....already over wanting to be back at work, didn't take long!  LOL!

Tessa.....the gym here was practically empty this morning too.  You are right, next week will be jam packed with the "resolutioners"!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

camille2

Good afternoon!

Tessa, thank you so much for lighting the candles for my sister.  She is Ok at home so far.

Lisa, if your SIL is still there, tell her "hi."  Are all of them staying at your house? That would be a lot.  Have you finished that quarter mile for the year yet?

Ginny, I'm sending healing vibes your family's way.  I'm a worrier, too, just like my mom.

Judy, I agree with you and Marjorie about falls. They are very dangerous and not funny in older folks.

Susan, it is a bit sad when our children start moving their things out, but I tell myself it's the natural process.  I sure wish my DD lived closer.

Carol, I'm really glad you have a great assistant.  You are being very consistent with your running, as usual.

Laura, speaking of consistency, how are you? Still streaking?

Demaris, I'm really glad that groin is feeling better!

Marjorie, I am pretty sure if I were you, I would be expressing my feelings about what your dad is doing. He needs to hear it.  That said as someone who doesn't know him, but  I feel bad for you and you brother.  On a different subject, I bought my DD and my brother-in-law each a Fitbit for Christmas.  It was a surprise for both and they both seem excited about them.  Does your hubby still like his?

Karen, I'm sorry your foot is bugging you again.   I was thinking of your hubby today as I was driving thru an area which typically has heavy traffic and has bike lanes.  I would never feel brave enough to ride there.  Does your hubby ride in traffic? My DD bike commutes to work...I wish she'd ride on the sidewalks. : )  I hope he heals a bit faster and is doing what makes him happy soon.

I just got home after dropping my DD and son-in-law  off in the city this morning for their trip home. I also went to  my mom's to give her a bath and take food so I spent about 6 hours in the car, but at least there was little traffic.  I will miss them a lot and we had a wonderful visit, but I am ready for a quiet evening at home.  I'm beat and don't expect to run today, but am planning 5 mi tomorrow. We hiked, with a bit of running, about an hour yesterday.

I have only one race planned so far:  the Oak Barrel Half in April.  My DD and SIL are also registered.

Arimathea

Tessa

Camille, glad your sister is recovering. What kind of Fitbits did you get your DD and BIL? I wear the Fitbit One as well as the WW ActiveLink, though I gather the AL is going to be phased out next year.

Ginny, the gym was very empty today. Next Monday is going to be the bad day, I think.

Did 1.25 on tm this morning then upper and lower body weights. Drove dd#1 to airport for Houston and rest of us headed up North for a few days with our friends. Snow on ground here in Kalkaska. Only 9 in morning so since no need to get up and get done early will wait til later to try out snow shoes. Friend had a gift of run gloves for me!

Lisa