Womens Running

Bostonian Monday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

Bikerchick1

What an exciting Boston Marathon today!!!  I was tracking about 11 local people plus Karen.  Loved watching Meb win!!!

Lisa - You are probably on your way to Chicago already.  Hope it is a good trip.

Judy - Glad you were able to catch up with your running buddy and got out on the trail!

Camille - You are doing good with your running!

Ginny - Glad to hear your running is coming along, you sound so happy with it!

Sugarland - Hope your restful week-end kept the recurring bronchitis away!

Cindy - Nice job on the 5k!  Your boys looked so handsome for Easter!

Marjorie - Enjoy your cutback week, and your "back to normal" household.

Crazysue - Uh oh on the missing bra strap and white sock.  Glad you had a nice date night!

Tessa - What a busy week-end for you and your lungs!

Today was stability ball class...oye!

Carol

Anonymous Guest

That was one of the most amazing things I've ever experienced. I think the heat and running a lot less miles did me in. I thought I was starting out slow enough, but no, I still slowed quite a bit instead of being able to pick it up a the end. But I wouldn't change a thing. Nearly cried a few times on the course (when the crowd told us Meb won, when I passed the Hoyts, after seeing DH and my parents around mile 24) and I did cry after the finish. In between the times I thought I was going to cry I was incredibly overjoyed.

Thank you guys for tracking me. I thought about you, especially when I was struggling, and it really helped.

Tessa, congrats to RN!! Most people I know ran slower than they hoped because of the weather. My dad did check and although I missed requalifying by a couple minutes, I did at least finish higher than my bib number.

More later, I'm kinda exhausted.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Bikerchick1

Karen - Congratulations!!!!  Your pics on FBI are amazing.  I can tell you are havying a great time.....it was an amazing thing to watch on TV as well.  Meb's victory was so emotional.

Anonymous Guest

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Karen-CONGRATULATIONS!!! So fun to tell people I have a friend running Boston!!

Susan-umm... bra strap missing? socks missing? date night went well?  it's the dog alright. just a different kind of dog if you ask me.  I'm so disappointed in Tessa for missing this.

Lisa

Quick check-in to say congrats to Karen!  What a great day!    Even thousands of miles away, I felt a little emotional seeing everyone's race reports, photos, posts and tweets.  Way to go!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR