Womens Running

Happy Monday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Happy because I have the rest of the week off after today.

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lisa, congrats on the race and to any racers I missed!

MarjorieAnn3137, I’m using the roller you sent me often. The rolling really does help the foot.

Friday was SDO for the foot.

Saturday I did 35 minute cardio workouts.

Sunday was 45 minutes of cardio DVD.

Today will be an errand (I need lettuce) and then a track run.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Ended up with 8 miles with hubby and weights on Saturday and nothing yesterday.  Wanted 10-15 yesterday but after a 3 hour nap I understood my cold/flu is still lingering so it was best to rest.  RD today as I have a dinner right after work.

Judy, enjoy the track run and keep rolling!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day for me. Super slow work week too. I'm working but know it won't be busy

Judy glad the roller helps!

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Exciting - the builder sent a picture of the house:

house

Apparently it rained pretty hard there the last day or so. Hopefully there will be no need for a moat to get in.

I'm running 3-4 easy after work. Most likely on the TM as it will be cold, rainy (or snowy) and dark.

Jealous you're off after today Judy! Now that we officially get 12/26 off, I'm tempted to take vacation 12/24.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Anonymous Guest

So DH mentioned the other day that between his trip to the UK and his food poisoning, he hasn't had time to do his Christmas shopping for me. I told him it was okay, especially since I couldn't think of anything to get him and so far all I got was one small thing that was only $15. I think he's off work today, and I just checked the home email (because he posted the picture of the house on fb, and I wanted to see if there were others), and there was a receipt from the Annapolis Apple store. I mentioned awhile back that I wanted a new laptop. I could have just ignored it, but I had to look. Then I got a text from DH that just said whoops. I replied what? and he came back with "I failed on Xmas surprise". He still put it under the tree and I have to wait until Christmas though.

I really can't think of anything to get him though. I don't think the awesome travel mug I got him is really a fair exchange for a Mac book.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

HI!  Busy weekend here --10K across the Bay of St Louis Saturday.  53:15 was good enough for first in AG.  Yay.  Did a little shopping on the way home.  Got some track pants for DS2 at Academy Sports.  Check out was amazingly well organized and quick.  Less than 5 minutes.  Had BF's sister and her bf over for pizza night.  Sunday was 10 miles--still tired from the race the day before, but I survived.  Brunch with the running group, then long church --meetings and potluck.  Was so happy to go home and sew!!

Swam this morning.  Pool heater is out again.  Brrr!  Massage this afternoon will be nice.

Marjorie--what are you going to do with all those fabulous cookies???  Can I come over?  Wink  jk

Karen--how awful!!  Hope DH is feeling better.

Tessa--enjoy visit w DD

Have a great day everyone!!

Hi all from Chicago!

Feeling pretty much normal.  I guess that is a good thing!  Gotta love trails!  The other good thing with a 50k the week before Christmas is that I do NOT want anything sweet.  The idea of cookies is sort of blech because of having to force myself to consume gels and sweets all of Saturday.  Probably won't last long though.  Super crazy in the office.  So much for quiet and get caught up with everything.  Just trying to keep head above water.

Lisa

Arimathea

Tessa

Cindy, had not heard of the lovefeast service, but that does sound nice! Our big choral service for Advent is the Nine Lessons and Carols.

Marjorie, those are even cuter than some of the other things you've posted! Wish I had the patience.

Karen, re the picture, I wasn't aware that you were putting a swimming pool in the front yard...and it is very difficult to keep a secret when receipts are electronic and sent to a shared account.

Lisa, congratulations on the 50K! Brrr. I imagine a hot shower felt very welcome after that.

DD is in town until January 8th.

Judy, enjoy the time off.

Damaris, hope the dinner goes well and you can shake the cold.

Susan/crazysue, congratulations on first in AG! A swim and the pool heater is broken? Sooner you than me.

No run this morning, woke up too late. Will run in a few minutes.

camille2

My sister is in the ICU on a vent and they plan to do a cath any time now.  If you're a praying type, she could use them.

ha!  So I forgot to tell you all this part.  We did change after the 50k then got into car to drive home.  My stepson from Alpena had gotten the weekend off and came down at the last minute.  DH hosted both sons and 4 grand kids, my dd from Miami and younger dd, his brother and his girlfriend at our house on Saturday for dinner.  I kept texting thinking that I would miss them but nope.  I got to walk in after running a 50k then driving 2.5 hours home to company.  Wasn't until about 9pm until I got to take a shower.  At least I had changed and had taken my hair out of braids but was fairly comical as you can imagine.  There were many questions as to how far 50k was but none as to why.  LOL

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Oh Camille I'm sorry!  Sending prayers

Karen what about a gift card for a bike shop in Houston so Dh can get set up with a new place etc?  Or entry to some local bike races there?

dh work liked the Santa hats.

I made spritz cookies today. My cookie press started to jam up. So I rolled the dough and used mini cookie cutters. Dipped them in chocolate and sprinkles. Some chocolate spritz ones I put crushed peppermints on to make them hot chocolate like.  I think I have about 12 dozen cookies.

Sue  you can come over.  I don't keep the stuff here. I like to make it then give it to Dh to take to work.

Marjorie

Bikerchick1

Camille - Oh, no....thoughts and prayers being sent.  Keep us updated.

Judy - How fun to have some days off!

Damarias - 3 hour nap - sounds like it was needed!!!

Crazysue - Congrats on the 1st place!!!  You had a busy week-end!

Marjorie - Kind of fun to have a quiet work week!

Karen - Woohoo on the house.  I echo Tessa's thought about the front yard pool!

Lisa - Can't imagine walking in to a house full of people after a 50k!  Nice of your DH to be hosting everyone tho!

Tessa - Hope you are enjoying your DD's visit.

Had a fun 5 miler after work with RB, time just flew!  Love those kind of runs!

Carol

Camille, sending more thoughts and prayers for your sister!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

I really hate it when long posts disappear.

Camille- prayers of strength coming your way.

Carol-I shouldn't sound cranky but "hosted" as in I cleaned house and wrapped all presents before leaving to drive 2.5 hours for 50k. Dh bought fried chicken and potatoes and served the cookies I had baked.

Yesterday was long day. Did laundry then drove 3 hours to Columbus and then 6 hours to Chicago.

Here re is a link to a video shot by guy running the 50k. 4 minutes. Course wasn't technical other than slippery frozen grass and leaves. Fairly flat too.

http://Vimeo.com/115212943

Lisa