Womens Running

Worn Out Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 16 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

We are all so worn out with the coldness of this winter.

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday was a cardio workout for 35 minutes. Still really cold here. We are all so worn out with the coldness of this winter. I have much sympathy for anyone north of here and what they have endured for many years as a matter of course.

Today will be a cardio DVD since I’m going out to dinner and to a used book store. I'm a book fiend.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Judy, today's title is perfect.  Exactly how I feel.  This is crazy:  http://www.mlive.com/weather/index.ssf/2015/02/-39_this_morning_in_one_michig.html  The Mackinaw Bridge was closed yesterday due to weather conditions and accidents.  And tomorrow the polar vortex hits again (the zero temp this morning is apparently "warmer").  I think I'll just hibernate and let this foot heal!

Have a great day all, and stay warm!

"Worn out Wednesday" fits.  Swam 2500 yards with intervals this morning.  I am beat.

Tessa---I am gong to a conference at the Opryland Resort in May.  Not that great, eh?  I am actually hoping for a knitting and hand sewing retreat between lectures.  They have a free shuttle to the downtown area, so may do that one night.  Any good places to run?  Hoping for a pool and spin  bikes too.  Need to check the website.  Surely they have a decent fitness center.

Rainy day here.  Cold, but not freezing.  Have a great day and stay warm!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  This week has been too busy, bah.  Ran 8 on Monday, then took yesterday off to take care of my friend who was having minor surgery, went to Pilates and ran 6 last night.  Tonight, it's 7. Court all day.

Judy, I feel worn out and it's only Wednesday, bah!  Enjoy your cardio workouts.

Runnersmom, sounds horrible.  And here we are in the high 80s.

Sue, enjoy the day as well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Susan, I'm not sure Opryland needs a fitness center....because their guests are NOT fit. I walked through the halls a few times and you would not believe the number of motorized scooters parked outside guest rooms (which are small). I would definitely take the shuttle to downtown, perhaps to run if you can. Other than that, it's near a big bend in the river and you could run the local roads -- Pennington Bend Road is the name of the road you'd be on most of the time. Obviously you can't run on Briley Parkway (freeway) and McGavock Pike is pretty busy too. Looking at the map, I think perhaps you might be able to connect to Gaylord Drive at the south end of the shopping center, go south on that a little way, and connect with the bikeway and greenway.

Lisa, the garden awaits you!

Hi Judy, Marjorie, Damaris, Susan, and all to follow.

4 this morning, heading to the gym now.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

4x400s. I just didn't have it in me for more so I stopped.

Waiting on plane to go to Orlando. Pilots aren't here yet but we are all on the plane

sue you can shuttle over to Vandi. There is some nice running spots over there. The park across the street has a circle course and a lot of runners I run there when I'm in Nasville.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

10 miles with 5 at half marathon-isn pace, or what I'm saying is half marathon pace. Before the PF, the miles would have been marathon pace (averaged 7:58 for the 5 miles). But I'm okay with it, just happy I was able to run. Outside.

Working in the hotel room is going okay. Hardest part was when I had a conference call the same time as DH. His phone is through his computer and he forgot his headphone so all his calls are on speakerphone. But I was able to tune him out, and other than that we were both pretty quiet today, working on our respective PPTs.

Tomorrow afternoon is the final walkthrough to make sure everything on the punch list we generated Monday is done. Then closing Friday at noon. So, so excited.

Hi to all. I'm tired. And DH mentioned at dinner that he has a 6 a.m. call tomorrow, so I'm gonna read a bit then go to bed.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel