Womens Running

Freshness Friday (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post.  Fresh because I am making some fresh beef broth & vegetables soup in the big crock pot. Big grin

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Thursday I ran 35 minutes out on the trail, then hiked 1.2 miles (we climbed a bit) before going out to dinner.

Today I hope to run out on the trail, then work on my big crock pot soup which will cook during the night.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Morning 10.6 for me. Now flight home.

Marjorie

Bikerchick1

Morning!

Judy - Yum, love crockpots!

Crazysue - Good Luck on HIM!!!  Can't wait to hear all about it!

LCruns - Hope your cold is better!

Tessa - I am sure you are the only one that noticed that you had a sports bra on!

Damarias - When is your Marathon?

KarenAG - I have lost track of your races, but when/what is your marathon?

Gatsbybird - Ugh, on miserble work situations...sometimes just looking for a new position helps by making you "feel" like there is an end.

Ginny - Loved your race pic on FB!

Had a great tempo run with 2 RB's last night....love, love, love fall!  I have been doing speed work with my one RB all summer, and I can really tell the difference (i am not fast by any means, but I do feel more comfortable pushing it).

Enjoying a day off today Smile

Carol

TGIF!!!  So excited about the Augusta 70.3 on Sunday.  I have all my gear, knitting and sewing packed, but realized I have no street clothes packed so I will do that when I get home.   We can't leave till our teacher friend is finished for the day, then we will hit the road.  Probably drive 4-5 hours and stop for the night, then drive to Augusta in the morning.  I think it is an 8-9 hour trip.  So thankful one of the husbands is driving.  Taking the big truck that holds 5 adults, 5 bikes and all the gear.  I really <3 my running friends.  Looking forward to a great weekend.  I think I will leave at lunch and bake some cookies and muffins for the trip.

Easy swim this morning.

Have a great weekend!!

camille2

Good morning!

Judy, you've really been hitting the trail. I'd thought that was usually a weekend run. Nice you can do it during the week.

Sue, good luck this weekend! I smiled when I read that you had knitting packed but not street clothes. Priorities are right.  : ) Looking forward to a report.

Gatsby, you know what they say...someone has to be last.  That did make me smile.  Good luck on the job search.

DR, I hope you get cooler weather soon!

Tessa, I'm glad the social worker witnessed DH's abuse.  I'm really sorry you're having to deal with it though.  On the bra...good for you. I prob would have skipped the w/o.

Lisa, I'm so glad you got in a run!!  Progress!

Karen, good luck on Cody's crew! I'm glad the day of meetings and reception were OK.  I hope you have better luck with your projects than I am having with mine.  I'm reorganizing/finishing closets with organizers and so far, I've just made a giant mess. Looks much worse than when I started!

Marjorie, you have my sympathy on the Atlanta traffic. My mom is in Alpharetta/John's Creek (a bit north), but it's even awful there.

Laura, I hope your cold is better!

Hi, Ginny!  Did I tell you congrats on that rainy race! I'll bet your friend was impressed with how tough were.

I did 3 yesterday and plan an hour today. I was dressed waiting for light when my sis called about my mom, who is having severe back pain. By the time I got the calls made to Mother and sis, it was too late for golf course route. It gets light late now.  I'll do the hilly loop later.

I did a significant cut back on miles, then  a couple weeks of rest to see if the rest would settle down immune system. That trial is over, but it was way too easy to get used to being a slacker.  : )  I'm going to do an hour today and 45-60  each of the next 2 days. Maybe I can get in a week what Marjorie did yesterday.  : )

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Gatsby no drama this week but dad and wife are supposed to visit next week so I'm sure it will pick back up

Camille oh I know on the traffic it is like that all over ATL. We have a center in Alpharetta. I didn't go to it this week but did drive out to Cumming.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Did 5 miles this morning and I need another 7 tonight.  We've had triple digits and super humid weather all week so I don't expect anything less tonight.  Ugh.

judyruns, that soup sounds delicious.  Hope it ends up good!

Marjorie, nice 10.

Carol, Chicago is the 13th.  A little bit over two weeks.  Eeek!  Nice tempo run.

Sue, good luck on Sunday!

Camille, sorry about your mom's back.  Hope she is feeling better.  And hope your immune system starts cooperating!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

camille2

I did 5-6 miles. 75 min but that included w/u and c/d.  It was muggy, but still nice to be out. I started  steroids again yesterday and feel so good! Too bad they are so bad for me.  At least I should get in some good training for a few more days. My high school reunion is tomorrow night.

My mom is home from ER...UTI. She can barely walk though and this 90 year old was picking peas a week ago. We'll have to stay with her a bit. Sis is staying tonight and tomorrow.

Anonymous Guest

Hey all, an easy 6 with 6x100 thrown in this morning. Then lunch (postponed from yesterday) with a friend who was also one of my references, so I got to hear her thoughts on my new boss (she liked her) and what my new boss asked her and what she said about me. She had also recently talked to one of our former coworkers so I got some gossip as well.

Carol, my goal marathon is Mohawk Hudson in Albany on Oct. 13. I'm staying with a friend from the old RWOL Masters forum.  She will be 65 in 2015, so is trying for a 4:40 to BQ for then. I'm hoping (assuming things go well for me and I get my 3:30-3:35) to be able to recover a little and then go out and run her in. At least that is our plan. Another former Masters poster is running it as well, so it should be a fun weekend. I'm running 2-3 more plus JFK 50 before the end of the year just to get more states in - those will just be running for "fun".

Susan, good luck and have fun at Augusta!! 

camille, hope your mom heals quickly.

Judy, soup sounds good. Might have to do something like that here this weekend.

Damaris, hoping October 13 is a good marathon day all around. About to start your taper? I'm ready for it - been running higher mileage than I ever have the last couple months.

Marjorie, dad and wife coming to visit sounds like drama waiting to happen. Hope things go well.

Probably an early night here. I think I'm already getting the "afraid I'm getting sick" part of taper madness, especially after riding public transportation and shaking at least 50 hands earlier this week! I swear I've felt like I'm getting a cold for days, luckily nothing has happened yet.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel