Womens Running

Pre-Christmas Monday Maddness for the Over 40 Crowd (Read 15 times)

Where is everyone???

I was SO busy this weekend!  Race Saturday, commissary run, wedding, and two parties, plus baked  double batches of dog biscuits and chocolate crinkles.  I am tired!!  The 10K was across the Pass Christian Bay--really pretty run, but it was so foggy you could only see a couple of hundred feet ahead.  Time was ok, I thought I was a little faster.  ;(

Yesterday morning my running buddies met for breakfast.  It was pouring so we didn't run.  Last night the triathlon club had their party.  I am wiped out!!

On the way to the race and parties other friends drove and I knitted.  Still have a hat to finish, need to wrap everything and do some more baking.  Think I will leave work at lunch.

Taking Ben to the vet in a few minutes.  Have a great day!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Friday was a great 45 minutes running on the track. Part of it I was running with coach who about had a cat fit because I had not called him when I fell." CARRY YOUR PHONE AND CALL ME!", he said.  He is really a nice guy and former Marine. Marines rescue. There is another interesting thing: people were almost sure I had fallen while running. They were almost dismayed to find out I had been deicing my car.

Saturday I did 40 minutes on the track with another friend. It feels so great to run again.

Sunday was SDO.

Today we are off to lunch, the gym and egg nog with a friend (also exchanging presents).

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

I got out early for a very soggy 6.3 mile run this morning. It's been raining almost constantly since yesterday morning, and this morning was no change. But at least it wasn't cold - about 60 degrees - and it was more of a steady rain than a true downpour, so it wasn't so bad. I wish it would stop, though - we're supposed to go to a caroling-and-cookies party this evening, but I'm not going caroling in the rain!

Crazysue - you sound very busy!

Judy - nice that you have people looking out for you.

Karen - what a bummer about your husband's car. I would be so upset!

Lisa - nice that you got an outside run in.

Marjorie - hope the hip continues to improve.

Waves to everyone else. I need to head to Costco to pick up the ham for Christmas dinner. Have a great day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Arimathea

Tessa

Judy, you should have claimed you got the injury on a really badass run. Remember the guy who tripped at the finish line of the Chicago Marathon, fell on his back but fortunately his feet with chip crossed the line so he was counted as the winner even though he wound up in hospital with a concussion later that day? Like that.

Good to know you have people you can call in situations when you need help.

Susan, that foggy bridge race sounds disorienting.

Cindy, hope you have everything done after today!

Busy busy weekend. DH still grumbly, forgetful, and two more days of radiation treatment. About to take him. I got in a good 20 on Saturday and a not so good 4 total yesterday (1 before I had to head home and then 3 more later in the day) and 6 today with RN. She is off the whole week. I am envious. Heading in to work once I bring DH home, but no gym today since I want to catch an earlier bus out and get to the WW meeting with my favourite leader at 5:30. Caroled my little heart out last night, then ate my weight in food at the caroling party. I rarely get heartburn but boy did I have it this morning. I blame the second piece of brandy-soaked marzipan coated fruitcake. It was worth it.

Happy runs to everyone!

Anonymous Guest

I made a bunch of cookies yesterday. Today I am working from the kitchen table. Not smart planning on my part. I am trying to lose the 5 pounds I've gained this fall, not gain five more! I do like working from home though - 30 second commute down the stairs, dog napping at my feet, few distractions (DH is on vacation, so I can't say no distractions), dinner in the crock pot. Plus my mom sent a package for Christmas with a signature required, so it's good I'll be home to sign for it assuming it shows up this week. She said there are a few little presents, but mainly there's a check in there so she didn't want it just left on our front step. Her big Christmas idea is to give us all money to buy our Disney tickets with.

DH just left to drop his brand new all dented up car off and get another rental car. The lady that hit him had time to think up a lie (the police wouldn't do an incident report since there weren't any injuries) and told insurance that they were in the left turn lanes (they were in the two lanes going straight and she turned from the right lane into him), but she "figured he'd say they were in the straight lanes and so his insurance wouldn't pay to fix her car". Our insurance agent said that hearing that made it obvious that she was lying and at fault, but her insurance is horrible. It is insurance established by the state for high-risk drivers that can't get insurance otherwise. And they apparently drag their feet and deny everything and are awful to work with. So even though it wasn't his fault, we will most likely be eating our $1000 deductible. They did declare his last accident not his fault, so hopefully our rates won't skyrocket with these two claims in a month.

Susan, you sound so busy!

Judy, it is nice that you have so many people looking out for you.

Cindy, I think we're getting hit by the same storm as you. Weather forecast says it is supposed to end later this afternoon, so hopefully yours will end even sooner.

Tessa, wow, radiation treatment is almost over? I remember wondering how the heck you were going to get through that on top of everything else. I'm glad you'll have one less thing on your plate.

I plan on hitting the bike trainer for lunch and running a few miles around the neighborhood during what would be my afternoon commute.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

hour of pilates today.  Running rest day.  6 days in a row.  Most days in a long long time so I needed to take today off even if I didn't want to.

Cindy we didn't get any rain until around 330 today.

You all could not PAY ME to go to any store at all today.  Geesh, it took forever to get to Pilates because of the cars.  No way would I want to even try to get into a store.  No thanks.  I shop on line and early for a reason

Tessa when will they decide if they need another bout of radiation?  Hope he is done after the next treatment.

Geesh Karen, that just sucks.  Poor DH and the car

Camille they are super easy.  Some Flour, cheese, butter, salt and cayenne pepper in the food processor.  Roll out or use a cookie press and bake.  I used a recipe off of Food Network but you can find tons of them out there to get the ingredient mix.  I also sprinkled a bit more cayenne on top of some as DH is a likes spicy things.

Lisa funny on DH and the cookies.  Some don't always realize you do have to follow some of the steps or it doesn't process correctly

Hi Annie Susan!

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Marjorie, those sound good.

Karen, sorry about DH's car! How annoying to have that happen so soon after you bought it, though good that he is not hurt.

Hi AnnieSusan!

I am singing "One Day More" with delight, so glad radiation is just about over. Not sure if he will need any more. I presume they will want him to come back for checkups, but that is nothing like having to go in every.single.day for 6 1/2 weeks.