Womens Running

Adjustment Thursday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Rather than fight Winter, I decided to adjust.   

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Ginny, I will look for your email address today. I got swamped yesterday at work.

Wednesday I decided to do some quick errands, then go directly home. It helped to have a little extra energy to use for my 35 minutes of cardio. I wasn't tired after doing the workout. But then I am usually doing it after a 35 minute run.  

Track run today inside, then cardio at home.

Putting on all these extra Winter clothes on and off is sapping my energy!!!   :::sigh:::

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

camille2

Judy, we might as well adjust, right?

Susan/RM, thank goodness your MIL improved.  Vent away.  Just a thought: it might be good for your DH to go visit in case this was a precursor. Sending thoughts your way.

Karen, a charity sew in is when we take machines and make quilts to donate.  I got there pretty late due to Mother's appt., but had made one ahead of time and got to see the other projects and did cutting for more.  Your house is really coming along!

Marjorie, we have such fast weather changes here.  In this NW/NCentral part of state, we alternate between the Midwestern weather forces and the ones from the gulf.  They thought the last 2 days would set records for lowest high, but I don't know if they did.  Hope your pups are OK. Also hope it's warmer for you today.

I need to do 30" this a.m  when  it's light-soon. I'm in another sewing group today then have a Thanksgiving get together tonight that I need to do some cooking for. Since I don't cook much anymore, I'm always trying to figure out what to take.   I have out a bunch of cookbooks and have been looking on line, but will prob fall back on sweet potato casserole and a dessert.

Have a great day!

Bikerchick1

Judy - Agree, on adjusting to winter....we don't really have a choice do we!  Just had that same conversation with RB last night....

Camille - Sounds like you are enjoying the sewing!  Fun!  I wish I had the patience to sew more.

Had a great 5 miler last night with RB.  It was snowing the whole time, temp in the high 20's.  It really was pretty.  My arms and chest are so sore from sculpt class Tuesday....Hoping to get to sculpt today, or Yoga tonight.

Carol

ginnyb

Went to the gym this morning, 15 min. on TM, 15 min. on elliptical and I did my WT, took about an hour.  That elliptical really works my quads, guess with, my running shuffle, I don't work them as I should.

We do not have any snow on the ground, but it has been really cold and that wind!!!  I used to live in Buffalo when my DH was going to school, and my home was about an hour south of Buffalo.  In my recollection I never remember a snowstorm like the one they just had, not even close.  Even the Blizzard of "77 was not like this and I was there for that.

Have the day off tomorrow, planning on doing the Thanksgiving grocery shopping.  Unfortunately, I do have to work again Saturday.

Camille, I am not a seamstress either, I do not have the patience, seemed like my machine always acted up and I can't read patterns, I have to have someone show me.  Patterns make no sense to me.

Everyone have a good day!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Sorry I was MIA but work was not busy, just hectic and boring and left me with no time for anything.  Then, came back home, cooked dinner, and sat down to watch a movie, so I never came back online.

I only did Pilates yesterday and she killed my arms so the weights will be done some time today.  I tried to wake up early to run but I was achy from the fall and I stayed in bed.  Will do Pilates and later a run with and without hubby (hoping for 10).

Lisa, has your daughter mentioned yet people using parkas and long coats for the 60F we are having?  LOL.

Judy, putting on the extra clothes is a workout in and of itself.

Camille, hope your 30 minutes went well.

Carol, nice 5.

Ginny, enjoy the day off tomorrow!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good Morning!!  Spin class this morning.  It never gets any easier.  Why is it so hard for me???

Ugh.  Live webinar today.  Last week it was 4.5 hours with one 15 minute break for lunch and potty.  I just want to finish.

Yay Camille!--where do y'all donate your charity quilts?  I have two to finish---just need to machine quilt and bind--when I have some free time.  lol  like that ever happens.

Commissary after work, then quilting.  I really just want to snuggle back into bed.

Have a great day!!

Anonymous Guest

DH is working from home again (he can't drive while taking the pain medication from his butt surgery). Random texts I've gotten so far this morning:

do you want to go to the Banks' for Thanksgiving?

we're low on milk

can you make stuffing without making a turkey?

can you pick up some anti-bacterial wipes?

my butt hurts

I'm oversharing

Meanwhile, I'm sitting at work exhausted with a pounding head. I felt a migraine coming on yesterday, it hit full on in the middle of the night, so I was awake for the rest of the night with the pain. Finally fell back asleep just in time to get up for work, so I texted my boss and told her I was going to be late and slept an hour. I'm not getting much accomplished, but I have a conference call at 4 where basically I talk for 45 minutes and then answer any questions, so I'm pretty much just hanging on for that. Depending on how I feel after, I may run a few easy miles or take an easy spin on the bike. Exercise seems to make the pain go away at least temporarily.

camille, let me know if you find something good to take! I'm taking stuffing to the Banks' house next Thursday (maybe you were able to guess that from the texts above). I'm hoping I can find a recipe I used a few years ago from I think Cooking Light. DH's family came out and everyone really liked it - I think it had dried fruit in the ingredients.

Carol, glad the run went well. We're not as cold (or as snowy) as you guys, but I am still having the hardest time getting out there to run lately.

Judy, nice workouts. I know what you mean about all these extra clothes - what a pain! Not to mention all the extra laundry that follows!

Ginny, great workout! The weather in Buffalo is just crazy.

Damaris, Pilates killed my arms yesterday too! My instructor mentioned that as you get more into the intermediate exercises (which is where I guess I am now), you start doing a lot more arm/shoulder/back work, and it's really hard because we don't normally use those muscles much.

Susan, ugh, your webinar sounds awful. At least mine is only an hour, and the other ones I've done we've been able to finish up in about 45 minutes.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Hobby Jogger Especial!

Hello all. 5k with my running buddy this morning. 17f. Tonight is upper body weights. I'll do my long(er) run tomorrow as I won't have time this weekend. Our weather is finally getting back to normal, we're supposed to hit a high of 34 today. Not bad considering our highs at the beginning of the week were in the 20s.

Judy - good workouts as usual. I agree that using all the layers is a pain.

Camille - I'm envious of all the sewing. The best I can do is put a button on.

Carol - sounds like a great run in the snow.

Ginny - sounds like a good workout. Enjoy your day off tomorrow.

Damaris - hope you have a good 10 miler

Sue - webinar, yuck. Hope it goes by quickly

Karen - sure hope your headache goes away. I take Imitrex spray for mine. It works great for me. Fortunately, I don't have them too often.

Arimathea

Tessa

Judy, that sounds like a pain wrestling outdoor clothes on and off all the time.

Camille, nice sew in! My machine and I don't get along too well but I do appreciate how fast it works. I would like to have more time to sew. Maybe once I have the house the way I want it.

Sweet potato casserole is fairly easy. Boil them, slip the skins off, mash them up with a little milk and some salt, spread in a baking dish. Praline topping: melted butter, brown sugar, a little bourbon. Mix together and top the mashed sweet potatoes, then top with a generous amount of pecans. Bake in oven for about 30 minutes. You want the pecans toasty and crunchy and savoury to contrast with the sweet potatoes.

Carol, envious of your pretty snowy run.

Ginny, yes, that storm in Buffalo sounds awful. Those poor people. Lisa is right, the snow will melt and cause worse damage, and ouch on the roofs collapsing. (Seven feet of snow!)

Damaris, people are putting on jackets here too. For a low of 55 I don't think a down coat is necessary.

Susan/crazysue, good luck with the webinar. I don't think spin ever gets easier. That's why I don't do it. *grin*

Karen, sorry you are dealing with a migraine, a webinar, and a manvalid. Good luck. Is he working from home or is he taking sick time? And I hope he doesn't think the antibacterial wipes should be used on his butt.

Shadow, good work with the weights. One of my colleagues is in Boise today and tomorrow for work -- wish it was me -- but she doesn't run.

And neither did I this morning. Run, I mean. Too comfy. I will go to the gym at lunch.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day today.

Worked with ith a new clinician today. She was great. After we got done I also had her adjust my rotated spine. Much better now.

Camille it was warmer today tomorrow is better too. This weekend looks good. Hope it stays warm.

Ginny you are correct. 77 doesn't touch what they are getting now. Insane amounts.

Karen wait until you get some even more advanced stuff. Pilates is tough. There are things I still can't do and I've been doing it now for many years.

Shadow ow so many places are cold. I hope it isn't a trend since we are early in the season. I hope Jan etc isn't exponentially worse

Tessa I'm trying to convince Amy Del to come for Charleston too in Jan. We shall see.

Marjorie

I adjusted.

Went for a snowy run.  Felt hard but that would be because of temps and running in, ahem, snow.

Judy-stay warm!

Camille-so nice to make the quilts!  and both of those sound yummy!

Carol-when you say "sculpt class" you don't mean as in art, do you?

Ginny-nice job on the rounded out workout routine! I've never heard of that much snow in this short of a time either and I grew up with very, very comparable snowfall to Buffalo.  They have gotten a few feet of snow in the UP but not like Western NY.  Roofs are going to be collapsing so soon.  It's going to be a disaster that is going to take a long time to clean up from and will have a lingering effect.  Some houses won't go right away but may be damaged from the ice dams that we know are coming with the thaw and rain.

Damaris-DD did say that she has survived and that it has been sort of funny but that it did feel cold.  Still she did think it was a bit much of people.

Sue-4.5 hour webinar!!!?? ugh... Can you do it on a treadmill?

Karen-those migraines sound horrible.  Sorry.  I wonder what we should call stuffing if not stuffed into a turkey?  Un-stuffing? Pre-stuffing?  "I need my space-uffing"

Shadow-have a good run tomorrow!

Tessa-it is a pain and makes the simple things like "I left my coffee cup in the car" an outing to retrieve.  Not to mention that a long run becomes similar to an Arctic expedition.  And you can't forget a change of clothes because staying in those wet clothes for long after a run is literally bone chilling.  The frozen sweat does thaw out.

Marjorie-I've been doing the eccentric exercises twice a day.  knee did hurt whenever I decided to walk today, which was often because of the snow.

Lisa

Just a quick stop by.... Lisa, roofs are already collapsing in Buffalo and if it rains this weekend it will get even worse.   http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/round-buffalo-braces-wintry-wallop-27044077

What a winter and it isn't even Dec. 1st yet. 

Have not run since the weekend Sad  So glad this week is almost over.

TGIF!!

I actually made it to the pool.  Schedule says "optional" swim and I have been "opting" for another hour in bed lately.  I got up and just stood there for a minute to decide if I was going to hit the snooze or get dressed.  The pool was a little warmer today -  thank you very much! and I had a good, easy swim.  Glad I got out there!  Now I won't feel guilty if I opt out of Monday's "optional" swim.

BF returns tomorrow, then we meet the running group and drive to New Orleans for the Big Easy Running Festival.  We're doing the half, BF is walking the one mile.  Then we are shopping at Whole Foods. on the way home.

OMG my house is a train wreck and I will be cleaning when I get home this afternoon.  I went to the commissary yesterday and quilting last night, so I just slung the groceries into the fridge and pantry when I got home.  DON'T OPEN THE FREEZER!!  You will be taking your life into your own hands!  The turkey may fly out at any time.  lol  I need to rearrange everything in there so no one gets hurt.

Day two of webinar torture session begins in 45 minutes.  They want you to sit at your desk so you are on camera for the entire time.  4:45 yesterday with one 15 minute break for lunch yesterday!  I cannot sit still and pay attention that long.  Really.

Karen--I hope the migrane clears so you can do the meeting.

Tessa--BF is a very picky eater and does not like sweet potatoes.  I am making them for TG.  Maybe if I put some bourbon on them he will eat them!

Camille--enjoy your sewing group.  I wish I could just go home and sew today--so much to do!!

Have a great weekend everyone!