Womens Running

Frozen Friday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

I'm sorry to the rest of you that are also getting this.  DD's school closed on account of wind chills. I'll use my gym member ship again.

Boss gave me 2 tickets to the Red Wings game tonight.  Usually held by a person with the company's name as their last name so we will be on the blue line 2nd row from the glass. With Executive VIP parking pass. Yes!

Tessa-good to hear from you.  good luck with the project. winds will be the problem here today.

Damaris-thanks for being a good friend.

Linda-wtg on getting up and getting it done!

Vicki-my DD down there is hoping for a day off from school.  she knows we are already calling schools off up here.

Ginny-that would be nice that you would take us somewhere warm.  I promise not to go off about how awesome we are compared to everyone else... or maybe I will. Yes, it was one of those things where they said something about working out and then looked at me saying "well Lisa probably was up at 4am and ran 15 miles" with massive eye rolls. Yes, I was up at 4 but didn't run 15 miles.  I just smiled and encouraged them to go on down to the gym.

Marjorie-don't come to Detroit any time soon. You'll need to bring a space heater to hit 75, in a heated house.  I'm rebounding from the music.

Laura-way to hum along on the TM... no comment on the ho part. :-)

Music stuff... found this site: http://jog.fm/ where you can look up songs to go with specific paces or beats per minute (mine 166-168 is associated with a 8-8:15 pace. ha!).  Then I go to http://www.aimini.net/ (thank you 14 yo DD).  Search either by title OR by artist (sometimes one works but not the other).  Click on big name of song and you can hear it. sometimes they are covers so I'd recommend listening to it. Scroll down to where it says "Free download here:" and click on the link, Save. Go to your Downloads folder, search for a word in the name or the artist. Drag over to your iTunes Playlist or Music listing.    There are other websites that are similar to the jog.fm one but it was pretty easy and allows a few second listen of the song, also has links to it on iTunes, Amazon. if you don't want to deal with the free download site.   Shuffle is in my bag and I am trying out my new songs.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Thursday was very much the same cardio/run workout as the other week days. It’s been so cold here that I wanted to hunker down at home right away after work. I may stop off today to get celery. I could make a big crock of soup when I get home after the workout. Soup sounds so good on these high windchill days. The cold is wearing on everyone. However, I am so thankful that we have not had the snow that others have had.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

At least it isn't November!!!!!  I have to keep telling myself that!  Schools closed here again today because of the bitter cold.  Under a winter storm watch for later today and tomorrow.  HELP!

I am off today, work tomorrow.  Going over to my sons to babysit the twins for a few hours this afternoon so DIL can get out of the house for a little while.

Tessa..nice to hear from you...

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

LC Runs

TGIF and Frozen is right!!

4.5 on TM this morning. Ugh.

Lisa - school going on here, I wish I could have a snow day from work lol

Ginny- enjoy the babysitting

Judy - I think staying home under a blanket with a pot of soup is a fabulous plan

Anonymous Guest

This is one of those mornings where it is so cold my eyes were tearing up as I walked from Metro to my office. I will admit to crossing against the light at one intersection - too cold to stand and wait! I did a really hard hour on the bike last night, will run on the TM tonight.

Lisa, have fun at the game - nice score on the tickets.

Ginny, enjoy the time with the twins. I keep telling myself it's not November too, but I keep getting stuck on the fact that February and March are still to come. This is the worst winter we've had since snowmaggedon in 2010(?). And even then I don't think it was this brutally cold for so long.

Sugarland, one of my Houston friends posted "snow" on facebook. I know from my time there many years ago that that place does not do snow well. Hope you're holding up!

Morning Laura, Judy and all to follow.

And hi to everyone from yesterday. I didn't realize I didn't post until I got on this morning to check on our west coast posters.

Looking forward to the weekend, even though my only plans are sleeping and cleaning. So far.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ginnyb

They closed the library today, so I miss out on a free day because I work tomorrow...second time this year this happened to me, darn!

Did my WT at home today and I am already getting tired of it.  I cannot think of any way to make WT fun!  Maybe if I drove to Detroit and did it it it with you Lisa?

Keep warm everyone....

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

camille2

Good morning!  It's 2.7 degrees here in the hills. At least for now, it's not windy, though they keep saying it will be.   I'm ready to send the Polar Blast back to the Arctic-they're better prepared. I could use my parka. In GA. The year I bought here, the winter wasn't like this!

Lisa, nice score on the tickets. Enjoy!

Judy, I'm also into soup on these cold days.  If I go to town, I'm going to get ingredients for Laura's soup. Finished off the lemon chicken.

Karen, I'll bet that trip to Florida next week is sounding better and better!

Marjorie, you're right. The stair climbing gets my heart rate up and walking doesn't really. It's not bad. Do you get to travel to a warm place soon?

Ginny, have fun with the twins!

Hi Laura, Tessa, Linda, Judy and all who follow!

Wow it is even cold here.  There was a little sleet falling this morning when I drove to work this morning.  Was really blowing last night!

Yesterday after work did 7 miles:  2 easy, 800 @ 7:50 pace + 800 easy four times and 1 mile easy.  It is tough, but I really like that work out.

Swam 30 laps this morning.  I am really ready to curl up in a ball now.

At least my work computer problems are fixed--for now, at least.

Stay warm!!

Linda

Lisa:  I have a program called PitchSwitch.  It can change the tempo of any song.  Of course, some songs sound crazy when you speed them up, but I love the program.  Great score on your tickets!

Judy:  One of my kids just got his braces tightened, so we had soup yesterday-lentil.  Unfortunately, I guess I will admit that it was from a can.

Ginny:  What a blessing that you are able to baby sit.  I hope its fun.

Karen:  We did a lot of cleaning last weekend, but we have a lot more to do.  We have one room that has turned into a junk room.  It needs to be cleaned out and emerge from the junk.

Hi Sue, LC & Tessa.

I'm not running today, but maybe some kettlebell action in the evening.

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.5 for me

Lisa I actually keep our house at 68. I don't like the dry heat from space heaters.

Ginny I'm    over winter too. It isn't as cold here but I still am not a cold weather girl.

Tessa sa glad you are okay. We do worry about you.

Nice run, Laura.

Karen nothing wrong with sleeping and  cleaning

Camille my next travel is Louisiana. Right now they are colder than we are here.

Marjorie

Waving to everyone!  Haven't run yet, might do a few miles this afternoon with DH.  Worked form home today.  The Mavericks surfing competition was here in Half Moon Bay today and I didn't want to venture out on the roads.  Watched some of the finals streaming online.  Looks like they had some good waves this year.   Sorry to hear the frigid temps are back for so many of you.   Our weather is dry and sort of gray.  Probably shouldn't say this, but I'm glad the warmer temps have moved on.  Now we just need some rain please.

Lisa, you're light years ahead of me on techy music stuff.  I haven't updated my iPod in years and can't remember the last time I listened to it.  Have fun at the game!

Judy, hunkering down with soup sounds like a great idea.

GinnyB, how aggravating that you missed out on a day off.  Have fun with the twins.  You're a good grammy to give the DIL a break.

LC, I want a snow day from work too!

Karen, if you were still in CA, none of that cold watery eye stuff would be happening.  Of course, come summer, we won't be allowed to take showers due to the drought...

Camille, bet you thought you were safe from polar blasts in GA!

CrazySue, great workouts!

Linda, I'm imagining using PitchSwitch to make every song sound like the theme song from Benny Hill.  Anyone else remember that?

Marjorie, nice 10+ miles.  Hip okay these days?

Tessa, glad to see you check in!

Happy Friday to everyone!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, score on the tickets, enjoy! Why do I suspect that it is warmer INSIDE the ice hockey arena than outside?

Not sure if your older DD had her school cancelled, but I can tell you that our Austin office was on a 2 hour delay today because of the snowstorm. All 3/10 of an inch of it. Go ahead and laugh. We already did.

Karen, brrr! Camille, you too!

Linda, poor kid with the tight braces.

Susan, I may steal that workout, but perhaps do the 800s at a slightly easier pace. Do you ever do Yassos?

Ginny, not sure there is anything that makes WT fun. Do you do kettlebells?

Judy, think I would make the soup on the stove, eat it, then hunker down under the covers, rather than make the soup under the covers!

Laura, at least you're keeping up the running, even on the TM.

Marjorie, I don't like a hot house either.

Gatsby, we have the same gray weather.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Gatsby yes. The hip is great. I'm still being careful. I did do a more normal pace today and it was good. I'm sure I can go back to 80 + weeks but I'm still building back and just cautious. I will do 50 this week

House se is cleaned. I fixed the curtain where Quincy ate part if it weeks ago. Trimmed and hemed. It was long enough I could do that since it is a scarf panel.

Tessa we might get snow next week. No thank you. I'm not amused with this extra cold weather. I did predict this would be a cold winter here. I was right.

Marjorie