Womens Running

Totally Tuesday (over 40) (Read 18 times)

Getting us going... totally!

Ginny-Ha! on the set of Doctor Zhivago!  it is starting to feel like it.  I think we are at 5th or 6th for 3 records and I say we might as well go for it now.  Records are for most snowfall, most consecutive days with at least 1" of snow on ground, and coldest winter.

Pics from my Sunday 8.66 (longest to date) run at Kensington Park along a lake with a friend going through rough time.  The sun breaking through was very touching as you can imagine.

Lisa

ginnyb

Good job on the Sunday run Lisa, and beautiful pics of the snow.  I had a rough time running outside this Sunday, even in the street with some snow cover, it was so uneven....guess I am going to have to wait a while to get outside again.

I am going to have to start forcing myself to go to the gym and use the dreaded TM if I want to get any sort of mileage going.

Don't want this to be all about me, but the past few weeks I wake up in the morning and think to myself "crap, another day"  although I use stronger language!  Feeling this way is not normal for me.  I am assuming it is just the weather, trying to talk myself into better attitude.  I have a lot to be thankful for, so not sure what is going on.

-4 here again this morning.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Bikerchick1

Morning Ladies!

Lisa - Beautifu pics!

Ginny -  Sounds like the winter blues to me!  Seems like you suffer this every year Sad   Predictions here for 30's next week, I assume that will happen for you too!!!

Karen - Thanks for the info on the training, after I read it, I feel like I asked you that before...sorry....

SRD for me, I have a busy work day, so will be home late...boooo.

Carol

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

MyMomRuns, beautiful pics!

Ginny, we have lots of snow down here, although you probably have even more up there. We are all feeling penned in here. It’s such an effort with all the layers of clothes because of the intense cold, and plodding through drifts, cleaning off, etc.  It is so easy to feel depressed with the inability to get outside much. At least it’s not November.

After eating out on Sunday, a friend and I got upsets from suspected bad food at a restaurant. Fortunately, I had done a cardio/run workout before we went. Friend had the runs and I was hurling the entire night and into Monday around noon. I also had the runs. Since then I have been eating very small ice cubes. Last night I was able to eat a little applesauce and drink a few tiny cups of iced tea. Thankfully, it stayed down and I slept through the night. The friend and I also experienced marked dizziness as well. I’m eating crushed ice right now and am going to start the BRAT diet today. My rice maker comes in handy at times like this.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Good Morning!

Three miles easy on the tm this morning.  Someone is living in a tent on the beach and makes me kinda nervous to run by at 0500 when I am usually the only person out.  Decided to do my early morning runs at the gym for a while.

Judy--Ugh!  Sorry you are feeling sick.  Did you call the restaurant and ask if others were sick?  Health Dept??

Rainy and cold here but will not freeze, thank goodness.   Didn't feel like getting dressed for work.  Wore jeans and boots.  Wink

Have a great day!

camille2

Good morning! I'm at my mom's-snow and ice in the hills and starting here.  Major icing predicted tomorrow.

ginny, have you tried full spectrum lights? As you can imagine, SAD/winter blues was a common issue in the Fairbanks winters and a lot of people used them, many just to prevent it.

Judy, I hope you keep improving.  Have you notified the Healrh Department?

carol, I hope your day isn't too bad.

Lisa, nice pics!

I hiked 4 miles with my group yesterday on a nice easy trail.  I hope to get out this afternoon During a break between the storms.

Anonymous Guest

Cold again. Or should that be still? I have 8 miles with 10x100 on the schedule for tonight, which I plan to run outside because the next storm is coming and it may be a few days before I can run outside again. I am so done with winter. We're already expecting a snow day Thursday, possibly Friday too depending on when the snow ends. Have I mentioned that I am done with winter??

Pretty pictures, Lisa.

Ginny, this weather has got to be wearing you down. You get much worse weather than we do, and I'm giving it everything I've got to try and stay positive at least some of the time. It's getting pretty hard to do that though.

Carol, I thought I remembered answering that question once before....but I wasn't sure. Feel free to ask again later if you'd like!

Judy, sorry you got so sick - that sounds miserable! I hope you're feeling better.

Susan, the tent people would make me nervous at that time of day too. It kind of stinks though, that you have to change your schedule around because of it.

Camille, hope the storm isn't as bad as your last one! I think it's the same storm we're getting on Thursday, supposed to just head north right up the coast.

So I need to drop this 5-7 extra bonus pounds (depending on the day I weigh myself) by my 3 spring goal races, which sucks and is hard to do when it's cold and snowy and all I want to do is huddle under a blanket and read and eat. Less crap, more bringing my lunch in (weight has been creeping up since I started working downtown with all these fabulous lunch places). Hopefully I won't have to go the extreme "no ice cream" route.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Today was going to be a rest day but my flight got cancelled. The airline already rebooked me and I saw all of it before I went to the airport. Not thrilled with a 530 am flight because they are so crowded. Don't even know if I'll make it out tomorrow or not. Since Charlotte will get hit with the ice and snow. We shall see.

So I ran instead. 6.2 in the chilly rain.

Here re it is supposed to be a rain event. Still, not thrilled with more cold rain

Ginny I'm sure the winter blues have got you!

Carol ol sorry you have to work late

wow Judy didn't you get sick from food a few months ago too?  Hope you are better.

Camille le hope the hip is doing better

Karen GL on the weight loss. You did it before. You can do it again.

Marjorie

ginnyb

karen....I hear you on the weight loss.  All I want to do is eat and I do!  I am trying, but it isn't easy.  Last year I lost weight because I had my wisdom teeth extracted.  I do not recommend that however!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15