Womens Running

TGIF (Over 40) (Read 15 times)

Bikerchick1

Good morning!

Quick post to start us out today.  USDO yesterday - long story short.....crazy work day = 2 hours of computer work AFTER work...

Today there is a class I want to do and would like to squeeze in a few miles....then it is the week-end!!!

Carol

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  5-6 recovery miles today.

Carol, boo.  Hope today gets better.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Starting off the morning with two hours in the dentist's chair is definitely not my favorite. But I have a new filling and a temporary crown. I go back in a month for the permanent crown and one more filling, then I should be good. Is it bad that when he told me I might have some cold sensitivity for a week or two the first thought was that this might help me lose weight if eating ice cream is painful? Hmm, obsessive much, Karen?

Ginny, from the other day, if there were a fitness challenge I'd definitely want you on my team! Your coworkers are smart to realize that. I may not have been the first one picked for teams in grade school, but bet I would be now. Well, not for any sport that involves throwing with my puny girlie arms.

So I told my coworkers I'd send them a link to my race report from Boston since they pretty much invested their day tracking me and watching the live feed (none of them had the slightest interest until I came along). I emailed the link yesterday and told them I wouldn't be offended if they didn't read it, because it was long. Every single one took the time and told me what they like about it. My boss said she cried. And then she forwarded it to a couple of our consultants and several of our members!

Carol, hope today is better.

Damaris, hope you have a cool, pleasant recovery run (I can dream, can't I?)

I ran 9 last night, will probably do about the same tonight. Now that the rain is gone our weather is beautiful.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Very nice of your coworkers, Karen.  Forgot to say, your RR inspired me to never lose hope about a BQ.  I don't think I will ever qualify but you give me hope that even when you don't expect it, things can change.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

ginnyb

3 miles for me this morning...still wearing mittens.

Karen....thanks...I was always the last one chosen on teams in grade and high school too, so this is kind of nice.  Like you though, don't ask me to participate in any other sport besides running, lol!  Neat about your coworkers, of course they are proud of you!

It is getting gloomier and gloomier outside by the minute.  So tired of it.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.4 for me this am

Karen awww. So nice that your work is so into your running

Mittens?  Oh I'm sorry Ginny

Damaris will you get to run in Orlando this weekend?  Should be better than Miami.

I was always in the middle when picked for teams growing up.

Now, if they were picking teams for distance running I know I'd be more to the top as long as it wasn't for time!

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

10.4 for me this am

Karen awww. So nice that your work is so into your running

Mittens?  Oh I'm sorry Ginny

Damaris will you get to run in Orlando this weekend?  Should be better than Miami.

I was always in the middle when picked for teams growing up.

Now, if they were picking teams for distance running I know I'd be more to the top as long as it wasn't for time!

Yes. Low of 61F. Cols weather!  It is still 92F here right now.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Mittens? I was wearing them last week...and it's in the 90s here now. Maybe it'll be the same for you, Ginny?

Karen, great that your coworkers are so into your running!

I agree with everyone...I was among the last picked for teams.

5.2 this morning, then 6.7 on the TM at lunch. Ducking out early to meet one of the runango forumites and her DH for a walking tour of downtown and dinner, looking forward to it. That is if work will let me go!