Womens Running

Finally Friday Supermoms (Read 15 times)

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

kant - what kind of coach are you?  running, kids?  I'd die if I didn't have my evenings, I hope DD decides to sleep soon!!

zorbs - yay for running w/ ernie!  I'm with you, love Campbells tomato, I also love the Safeway Tomato Bisque soup.

spike - awesome that godmother is keeping R so you can sleep in and recover!  Super frustrating on DH's food pickiness... I'd just cook and tell him to suck it up or start cooking.  Let me know what you think of the beef roast, I love it!  Splitting them up bc 1. O has never slept anywhere else, 2. My parents haven't had anyone sleep over yet - so it's easier for the gparents, and then each girl get's more attention and it's a treat.  I don't usually wear any makeup, I probably should bc I do often have dark circles under my eyes but I generally just don't care.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

runninmer

spike - DH made a BBQ chicken pizza on Tuesday.  That was dinner Tuesday, and lunch Wednesday.  Dinner Wednesday was left over pizza from a takeout place and lunch Thursday was left over BBQ chicken pizza.  Yeah...just so happened this week.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

runnergirl9508

RR2- an hr of bootcamp followed by a 10K run at a nice easy pace today. felt good. still doing all my normal ab exercises on my back, as it's not uncomfortable yet. I have given up burpees, however. Not that I was sad to see those go.

zorbs- have a nice weekend away!!! yay for sneaking milk into B! R was into smoothies for about a week this summer, now he won't touch them. ha. what kind of restaurant? I'd love a nice quiet meal out with DH.

CA- great job on your mile repeats! have fun at date night! I hear ya on the sleepiness. hope the girls both do well at the gparents overnight. hope you get some good rest tonight too. The reno project has been fun, actually. It's definitely a lot of hard work, but it's so worth it. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

mer- I hope you have a great run today! bummer on the snow. glad H is sleeping- I'd go with the carseat thing as long as necessary. aww, so cute talking to J on the phone Smile sounds like a fun day planned for tomorrow! WIll you bring H with you to the shower? I always bake cakes from scratch too. DH raves about them. His mom always used a box mix, so he never knew just how good a real cake is! I took R back in last night b/c he was showing symptoms- smelly pee, crying when he peed, grabbing his belly like he had cramps. Yes, preggo insomnia- though it usually doesn't effect me in the 2nd tri.

Ernie-hope you stayed upright on your run. I LOVE the running complements. My nickname back in college was "antelope" - from an ex-bf who said I looked like a graceful deer running through the woods. HAHA on daddy in the grocery store. R saw the mailman walking up to our door the one day, and said, Dada?

moxie- we're down to 2 colors!! one is a blueish gray, the other a light brown with grey undertones. we're going neutral now, since we are planning to buy new furniture in the near future. I will buy some bright pillows for the sofas, and we'll hang some colorful artwork. Hope your 20 goes well tomorrow! I had a dream last night that I was running a 50-mile trail race, and I was actually disappointed when I woke up to find myself NOT on the trails. Hope AF settles down for you.

Kant- R's never had an issue with constipation before, and I feel so bad for him! enjoy your yoga and run today. WOW on the late bedtime- I go to bed at like 9-9:30 every night (I'm up at 4:45 for work), so I would definitely not be cool with R still up. Yay for a possible baby this weekend- hope it all goes well for SIL.

spike- great job on the running and ST! awww, how sweet of R- looking at the horses! I love it. Yay for the overnight at the godparents, and the generous offer to watch him later. It's ROUGH dealing with a toddler when you're hungover. Wow, DH is really annoying with dinner. Why is he all of a sudden anti- anything you're making? Eggplant top for tomorrow Wink  Yes, the dr was surprised to see him for the UTI. my nephew used to get them frequently when he was still in diapers, but the dr said it was directly related to the botched circumcision that grew back.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Kantkatchme

Moxie- enjoy your RD.  I always leave one day to eat leftovers and end up eating out instead.

Ca-  I currently teach horse back riding to recreational ridrrs.  I am certified to teach swimming and xc skiing.  (Or I was a long time ago). I used to be an assistant  coach for a nationally competitive barn but changed my priorities when I started my family.

Spike-  I caved when I was pg and wanted to find out at the ultrasound but A was hiding lol.

Rg-  I hope R gets his mess and is on the mend.  Poor kid!  I hate that Drs think they're poop doesn't stink!

Nrr- I forgot I invited my bff for dinner tonight!  Whoops!  I have to go to the store since she only eats chicken/ veggies and all I have in the fridge are sausages and left over pulled pork.

Erniegirl

Bermy (from yesterday) - Glad you are feeling better but sorry DS is still sick/sick again! Ha ha, I appreciate the vote of confidence, but if I tried to run a 3:10 marathon, I think I would spontaneously combust. I had a six pack in the spring when I was training hard and eating clean six days a week. It is hard to maintain. Once I started slacking in the summer, those abs disappeared in an instant.

rg - Oh, poor R and the UTI! At least they know what's wrong now, and hopefully it clears up fast. One of my friend's DS had a UTI recently and her doc was saying they almost never used to see them in boys but now that lots of boys aren't circ'd they are seeing almost as many in boys as in girls. Hope you can get some good sleep this weekend! Ha ha, it is always nice to have a reason to give up burpees.

zorbs - Why a TM run today? Hope you guys like the restaurant tonight. I am actually going there tomorrow night with a few girlfriends. Campbell's soup has a very specific taste that I do not know how to replicate. I don't eat canned soup much anymore, but there was a period in my early 20s when I was obsessed with Campbell's tomato and rice soup, and used to eat several cans of it per week.

CA - Good work on your mile repeats! That's an extra hard workout in wintry conditions. Hope the girls do well at their sleepovers! Ha ha, I think my friend must have been far enough away to not see my "running fast" face because I'm sure it was not graceful!

mer - Sleep is great, no matter how it happens! Does J actually say a lot on the phone? Whenever I'm on the phone with my mom, S begs me to talk and when I give her the phone she says "Hiiiii 'Ma!" and then just holds the phone to her ear in silence.

moxie - Snotty noses are the worst! One day I used the hem of my dress to wipe S's nose in a pinch and she apparently remembers that as she now always tries to wipe her nose on my clothes. Hope AF gets her act together!

kant - Glad A is napping again! That is a long ass day with no nap. I can relate on the late bedtime, though. If I can get S to sleep by 9 pm, it is a very good night. Last night she did not fall asleep until almost midnight. Hope SIL's delivery goes well and you get to meet A's new cousin soon!

spike - That is so awesome that you'll have the chance to sleep in on Sunday! Super annoying about DH not eating. If he's not going to cook, he doesn't get to complain.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15