Womens Running

We Wove Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 16 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lame.  

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday was 35 minutes on the track (fussing with my nano) and then 25 cardio at home. Nano is now under control...I hope.

I’m changing my overall schedule and adding in my southern history study in the evenings.

Hoping this allergy business is not a cold developing. I’m trying to prevent same. I’ve been using my nasal puffer and an Allegra before I go to bed.

Today will be an inside track run, some cardio after that at home, then out to dinner.

Happy runs, All!

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  5 and weights tonight.  Using the TM because my lungs are not happy.

Judy, hope the allergies leave you alone soon!

Camille, it could be that (more races) or it could be that the last 1-2 years have had bad race organization.  I have a couple of marathons here I am no longer doing because the race was a disaster in the last year even though it has been great for the last 15 (same RD even).  So one of the two would be my guess.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good Morning!  I rode my bike at daylight this morning.  Saw the momma fox on the first loop.  We thought they had moved out of their den--hadn't seen them in a while.  Too cool!

Judy--ugh on the allergies.

Have a great day!!

Odd request... anyone within 4 hours of me have a November 1/2 (or more) that they are doing, that is still open, and that I could stay at their house for?  I have PTO time to burn and nothing on the calendar for November.

5.25 run miles this morning for me.  felt off so cut it short and walked a lot.

Lisa

ginnyb

Lisa....Kelly's Island has one.....that little island just off Sandusky, you have to take the ferry to get there.

ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

Lisa, I'm doing the Annapolis Half Marathon on November 22. But that's more than four hours from you, unless you mean by air.

Judy, hope it's not a cold! I've been hearing more and more people say they've got a summer cold, and I don't like it!

Crazysue, cool on the fox sighting.

Damaris, enjoy the TM running. And being able to breathe.

camille, I've noticed that about races lately too. Neither the Baltimore or Annapolis 10 milers sold out and they have in years past. No problems with the races, no complaints, just no more sell outs. All I can figure is there are so many new races that people are trying some of them instead of ones they've done before.

Rode my bike on the trainer last night. It didn't seem to bother my foot. But I woke up this morning and it was more sore than it has been the two previous mornings. Still not bad, but not good either. Sucky. Pilates tonight.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Sue, nice fox sighting.  Nice ride too.

Lisa, I assume you are not 4 hours away from me.  I was going to say that if your daughter is here in Miami, there are November half marathons here and you could stay with her.

Ginny, hi!

Karen, nice job on the bike.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, if you want to come out, there is a nice half/full in Santa Clarita on November 2nd.

Or if you can hop a cheap flight to Las Vegas the weekend of November 8, I'm meeting Karen (Pooped Colt from runango) in Vegas on Thursday the 6th, we're driving out to Mesquite on the 7th and doing Mesquite on the 8th. They have both a half and full. Full's first half is all downhill, second half (which is also the half course) is rolling. Full starts in Utah, finishes in Nevada, and miles 8-23 are in Arizona, so you can count that as Utah. You could also count it as Nevada but you have already done one in that state, I know.

Or if you want to drive, I see two in November in Ohio (Bobcat and Murray Ridge) and four in Indiana. None in Michigan, I presume that's taking too much of a chance on the weather.

Susan, how cool to have foxes living close to you!

Karen, that's one good theory -- another is that people have added these races to their bucket lists and have moved on. Many of the races are just so expensive, especially the colour runs, obstacle runs, and so forth.

No run this morning, mattress magnet won. Planning on the gym later.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I did 10.5 miles today.

Judy my dh is having a big allergy attack. He wakes up with major sneezing. Of course that means he wakes me and the pups up too because he is super loud.

Camile  im with everyone else   There are so many to choose from. Also some are drawn to larger races. Or ones that have options such as a half and a full. The one you mention is 400 people and no half option. Logistically I'd also say it isn't easy to get to. Not like a major airport etc.

nothing wrong with a magnet winning sometimes Tessa!

Marjorie

camille2

Good morning. It's raining here and I can't even tell we have mountains, so no hike today.  I walked 4 with the gals last evening, then caved and had sweet potato fries when we went to dinner.   It's a good  thing I'd run earlier. Now I'm not sure what I'll do today.

It's good to know other races aren't selling out as quickly as in the past, esp. since I'm hoping to register closer to the race dates for a while.  Ridge to Bridge had been a big BQ race, but it was warm the year I did it and a smaller percentage qualified.  That may have had an impact.  Marjorie, the airport would be Asheville, so prob not a place to get a deal on airfare.

Judy, I'm doing the same for my allergies that flared in GA.  Have you had allergy testing?  I'm thinking of getting it done this fall, since they were so out of control in the spring. I get different opinions about effectiveness.

Lisa,  I'm considering one in Huntington WV or in Bowling Green KY, both re further than the 4 hours but less than 8 but maybe new states for you. I'm still waiting on DD's plans though.

Sue, cool on the fox.