Womens Running

Thirsty Thursday Supermoms (Read 23 times)

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- I usually bring crackers, etc. Dad expresses love by cooking, and is therefore super butthurt that I can't eat everything he shoves at me. He gets it from his mom. My grandma tried to get me to eat zucchini cake by scraping off the walnut frosting before giving it to me. Umm no. I can hold my own, what I'm worried about is an older kid grabbing a cookie/candy with nuts and handing it off to a younger kid/getting crumbs on the floor where it exposes the little kids/ leaving food around where they can grab it/Touching stuff without washing their hands. I have panic attacks if I go to social functions and there are bowls of nuts- at my meeting last week they put out a giant thing of trail mix during the final hour of the meeting and everyone around me was munching on cashews. I told all the people around me not to touch me, breathe on me, and I didn't touch anything on my way out of the meeting and washed my hands on my way to the car. I'm starting to get serious social anxiety over food these days.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runnergirl9508

RR2: 4 easy miles and a short core workout done this morning. it was snow flurrying when I was running, brr!

zorbs- hope the 6K goes well. bummer on B rejecting all the costumes. does he have a favorite tv character you can convince him would be cool to dress up as?

Ernie: lol on our identical days. R and I went to the park yesterday afternoon too, and the little stinker wouldn't keep his mittens on! the metal on all the playground stuff was so cold. have fun with your friend this morning. oh no on the broken coffee! I haven't really started any serious PT with R yet, probably should soon.

CA- enjoy your RD and good luck with your 20 tomorrow! I hope O is feeling better soon. ewww on the meeting- but i'd definitely go for the 6AM timeslot- i'm useless for anything work-related at 6PM! DH is amazing with R- he's seriously blown my expectations way out of the water.

arm- have fun playing tennis! I've never been to a Costco, but imagine it's like a Sam's club? ugh on the whiny toddler- so frustrating sometimes! Hope all the kids are healthy today. wow, that's nice of your neighbor! I can't stand the grocery store on the weekend- it's so busy! Worst day to go is Sunday, right around noon- you've got the post-church crowd and for some reason they're all in a rage.

mer- hey!!! good to see you posting here. glad you were able to get an elliptical workout in. have you started running again yet? aww, sorry that H was up so early! hugs- hope you can get some good fun time with J soon! enjoy your book club tonight- that's great that you can get some time out.

becky- I always make a list for grocery shopping, though I still sometimes have to double back through the store before I check out! lol. hope you can get your lunch time run in! ugh, that 5K course sounds awful. I pretty much refuse to run a multiple-loop course, and I tend to stay away from out and backs too. woohoo for having the office to yourself- awesome!

spike- I love the crisp fall air when it's in the 40's- perfect running temps! glad R is feeling well enough to go back to daycare. yikes on your dad not paying attention about the allergies, that's scary stuff! Yeah, I've been lazy about getting R started with PT. I think he's ready, I just need to do it. And no, it's not bad how you feel about your stepsister's DD's allergies at least someone understands!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - really nice weather here too!  Man those allergies are so hard!  I hope you can convince your dad of how serious it is.

becky - yay for having the office to yourself! That's one of the joys of getting here before 7am Smile

mer - nice to see you here!  Mmmm getting out of the house alone is the best thing ever! I hope you get to go to book club tonight - will there be wine Smile

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Erniegirl

CA - That's great that the day home will give O extra cuddles and attention when she needs it. Ugh on the 6 am / 6 pm meeting time slots. In my pre-S days I used to work late all the time and wouldn't have blinked at the 6 pm time slot, but now I think I'd be more inclined to choose 6 am.

arm - Did you end up joining Costco? I've only ever been inside a Costco once in my life and I thought it was a horrible shopping experience, like a giant warehouse...which I guess it technically is! Everyone raves about Costco, though, so I am probably missing out. Wow, what a nice neighbour. Hopefully he is just as helpful come February, when you are tired of shoveling snow for the 7,000th time Wink

zorbs - Nope, the coffee maker DH fixed not too long ago was our Tassimo, which is still working fine. But I only really use the Tassimo if I want a fancy coffee in the afternoon, because I don't find it makes strong enough coffee, plus I like to have two cups in the morning. So I had Italian coffee this morning and DH had a Tassimo when he got up. The only discs we had were breakfast blend, the worst and weakest of all Tassimo coffees, but he didn't complain.

mer - Yay for hitting the gym! Hope you can make it to book club tonight. I read Still Alice recently and I liked it, too. Ugh, I remember those super early morning wakeups when S was that age. Is he sleeping okay prior to 4 am?

Becky - Yuck, what an awful 5k course! I would not do that either. Yay for having the office to yourself. You can have a dance party!

Spike - What is up with your dad - is he that forgetful or doesn't believe food allergies are serious? I know you said he almost killed you with nuts once so it really is quite outrageous. I'm assuming you can get GF breadcrumbs so I guess those don't work well for meatballs? You could try parmesan cheese to bind or maybe make your own GF breadcrumbs by running tortillas through a food processor?

rg - I LOL'd at your description of the grocery store filled with church goers in a rage. Maybe S and R will both potty train themselves and we won't have to do anything. That could totally happen, right? Wink

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

Ernie- I have to make my own breadcrumbs because the prepackaged GF ones I've seen are cross contaminated with nuts. The GF bread is very crumbly and doesn't stick together like regular bread.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07