Womens Running

The ALLs may be back for 2014 (Read 43 times)

Jennn

RR - No running yet.  Have some yoga planned for this evening, maybe a run too but we'll see how much energy I have.  Went climbing on Monday.

Shan - Climbing uses less upper body strength than you might think.  Turns out I've been using too much arms and shoulders and not enough core and legs when trying to do some of the moves I've been working on.  I'm working on using less arms now but it's been challenging because my core is also pretty weak.  Smile

Damaris - Congrats on the race!!!!  Smile

Shan-Miriah

Jen - I can definitely see how it would be a lot of core. I attempted to "climb" one of the... I just forgot what they're called, but posts basically that are made out of rock at Home Depot and could definitely feel how much core I needed to use. My core is pretty weak, too... which may be one reason I have so many knee issues!

rr - just did insanity... may not be able to do that again for a while because of my stupid knee.  I'm so frustrated with dealing with this!

nrr - Work here in a few hours. ug. Otherwise, that's basically it. So ready for the weekend, and I've only worked one day so far =\ on Friday I have to go in for CPR/first aid, so I'll be getting off of work about 12 am, then have to be back at work at 8 am. That could be very fun... not! Then on Tuesday I have jury duty. Aug. I have to see what I'm supposed to do about work. I gave the summons to my boss, but he hasn't said anything about whether I'm supposed to come into work after I'm done or not. I *really* hope not!

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies.  Did not run yesterday even though I planned on it due to acid reflux.  Plan is to run 7 tonight.  My stomach feels better, so hopefully I will.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

6.2. Didn't have any more time because I got a freaking bloody nose a few minutes into the run. And not just one side. No, my nose decided both sides would be a good idea. So lucky I was only a little ways from the hotel. Walked back since I didn't have any tissue with me. Finally got it to stop. Went out again with tissue this time. Had to keep reminding myself no snot rockets. Hard when it was 34 degrees so my nose was a fountain. At least it didn't start gushing again. I stopped again around mile 3 to get more tissue at a Paneras. But that nice delay meant no 10 for me. But, a run is still a run and I got a few tempo miles in there Now I'm at the airport to go home.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies.  I did 7 last night.  Pretty good, but later one of my kitties collapsed and died, so I hope the 7 I have planned for today help me feel better.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

RR. 10.5 for me this am.

NRR. Getting my hair cut now. Then errands. Got my new car yesterday.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Sick since my kitty died (coincidental?) so I did a HM instead of a marathon this weekend and that was hard enough.

Damaris

Fundraising Page