Womens Running

Shivering Monday Supermoms (Read 21 times)

runnergirl9508

Zorbs: DH and I are planning a two-mile fun run through the schwanky neighborhoods to look at lights on Xmas eve with R. He'll probably poop himself with excitement.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

running eh

RR#2 - managed to fit in two miles between DD1's skating time and DS's skating time.  I had time for more, but I am not really sure how much I should be running during the recovery time.  I will try 3ish tomorrow or Wednesday and then a longer run on the weekend, I think.

CA- ooohhh!  Enjoy that massage!  I never really enjoyed massages until the two I had after the marathon - they were painful at times, but they made a huge difference.  I don't think I'd say anything to my friends either, but that is annoying!  I remember having friends come over after DS was born and I really wanted them to leave and they stayed and stayed and stayed.  Oh, and their kid left a big mess too.  You would think it would stress your friends out to be at someone else's house during all that melting down.  We have one house that is a duplex, so we have two tenants.  DH loves it, but if anything happens to him, they will be sold right away.  I don't like the stress of having tenants or the stress of having multiple big mortgages.

arm - have a great time with all the visiting!  Did you have the kids out of school or do they not have school this week?  Have fun sledding!  We don't have enough snow here for sledding - it's more of a sprinkle, but it looked so beautiful outside last night.  I will eat your burritos if no one else does - that sounds delicious!  I have just run in regular shoes up until this year, but maybe I will try some screw shoes this year.  I want to get some warm running tights and some good wool running socks for this winter - I've always just doubled up on socks and tights when it was cold.

ernie - S had a really fun weekend between the wedding and the birthday party!  Glad you were able to keep your clothes on in the castle - sounds like things were getting little out of control!  Take care of that hip!

becky - Black Friday shopping sounds like fun but chaos.  Where are you going to be shopping this year?  Who has the best deals?

spike - Hope you start feeling better soon!  Those stomach bugs suck!  Your dad must have loved having Reid say Happy Birthday to him so many times!  CUTE!  My mom has Christmas out of control too - presents fill the room - no techy gifts though.  Nice that MIL makes Pjs for the kids, even if it is a production.

beckykay

Eh:  I will be shopping for PJs, Tupperware and a new crockpot at Walmart.  Bluray movies at Sam's club and the rest will be hitting up either express for work clothes or Old Navy.  My fam usually comes up with a list to send me out for since we shop all night long.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

becky - wow, you're hard core!!  Anywhere have deals on running shoes?  That's the one thing I'd be interested in finding a deal on...  might be a pain though since we're downtown seattle without a car.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Erniegirl

rg - It sure got really cold, really fast! Just a week ago I raced in shorts and a tank top and now it's serious bundle up weather. So cute about R counting - I love when they clap for themselves

zorbs - Lol at blue balls. Yes, you should stay far far away from bouncy houses. They are 100 x worse than indoor playgrounds. I'll be curious to hear what you think of those chips you posted the link to. I love Neal Brothers salsa but I haven't tried any of their other chips.

eh - Glad you got a couple snowy miles in. It's always so fun to run in snow at this time of year, before the novelty wears off. Have fun skating!

CA - Yeah, I would probably not say anything about the friends overstaying either. I avoid awkward conversations like that. I would just consider it the price of an otherwise enjoyable evening and hope hope hope they decided on their own to leave sooner next time!

arm - Have fun sledding! I think we will do that for a bit after S wakes up from her nap. Sounds like you have a nice week planned!

becky - Since DH waited in line, technically he is the crazy black Friday shopper Wink Bummer the iPhones were sold out. How long did he wait for?

spike - It is hard to run when you are feeling drained like that. At least you know you'll have really fresh legs when you're able to get out there again. Yeah, a four hour round trip drive for a quick visit would be ridiculous even without all the other family drama. Omg on the collapsing bouncy castle. Nightmare!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

becky - wow, you're hard core!!  Anywhere have deals on running shoes?  That's the one thing I'd be interested in finding a deal on...  might be a pain though since we're downtown seattle without a car.

Maybe Road Runner Sports or REI. There should be multiple locations all over seattle.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - thanks. . there is a REI 15 mins walk away and a fleet feet 20 mins walk... so both are doable.  I'll just see what else we're doing.  I don't want to walk too much either and completely tire myself out.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

question - Thanksgiving is Thursday the 28th right?  Is that the only actual holiday?  Other than Thursday, everything should be open for the most part right?  We already have dinner reservations for Thursday bc we were worried about not finding a restaurant that was open and had space.

beckykay

CA:  Yes, Thursday but all the sales seem to be starting Thursday night so I don't think you'll have a hard time finding things open at all.  Yeah, running shoes is not a hot item on Black Friday Wink  I use nike Pegasus on occasion and I can normally find those on sale at dickssporting goods or sports authority on Black Friday but that is about it.  The largest mob I've ever seen was at the Timberland outlet.  I made the mistake of trying to find DH hiking boots while at the outlets.  I will NEVER do that again.

superspike113

Honorary Old

question - Thanksgiving is Thursday the 28th right?  Is that the only actual holiday?  Other than Thursday, everything should be open for the most part right?  We already have dinner reservations for Thursday bc we were worried about not finding a restaurant that was open and had space.

Thursday is the holiday, lots of other stuff (aside from retail) will be closed though. Our courthouse will be closed, my office normally closes, though I may work a few hours this year. I think you should be OK with restaurants since its a big travel holiday.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Hopefully we don't need to go to the courthouse, lol Wink  Yeah I'm sure we'll be good, it's actually too bad about the holiday bc we'd probably go to a play or something, but there's nothing like that going on bc of thanksgiving.  Hopefully we can at least go to a movie or something.  We get out so rarely these days, I don't even know what movies are out there!

superspike113

Honorary Old

Thanksgiving is a huge movie weekend here, you might want to reserve tickets, actually! Lots of blockbuster/holiday films come out around Tday.

superspike113

Honorary Old

How sad is it that I'm getting really anxious to get off work and pick up R because I want to find out if he stayed dry today?  I might buy him a toy tomorrow if he stays dry a week straight.

armmama

rg - I don't know how to link from my phone butithe recipe is from skinny taste if you want to google Smile

zorbs - thanks for the suggestion, I'm going to turn one of my old pairs of shoes into screw shoes and try it out!

eh - my kids are off school all week.  Not many around here are, I guess we were lucky!