Womens Running

Fantastic Friday Supermoms (Read 20 times)

runnergirl9508

RR/ER: bootcamp for an hour this morning, then squeezing in a run btw PT clients, 4 miles is about all I will have time for. planning on a LR of 12-13 tomorrow. decided not to run the half on Sunday- the race doesn't start until 1pm (yuck), and the weather looks awful- 15-20mph winds, cold and rainy.

TR: he LOVED trick or treat last night! he "got" it after the first house. There was trick or treating downtown too, on Market St, and all of the local store vendors stand outside and hand out candy. R didn't have his costume on when we were there yesterday, but he was wearing a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown shirt, so he got a few pieces of candy.

NRR: no big plans for today- bootcamp and PT until 9:30, then just hanging with my parents.

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - SRD, hot tub.

TR - took DH forever to convince him into his costume last night, but once we got to the neighbourhood where we were trick or treating, he was all about it! His favourite part was ringing the doorbell.

FR - chinese sausage fried rice.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

RR - 11k with 7k tempo. We are the in the midst of a wind storm with 80 km/hr gusts that is expected to last all morning, so this should be interesting.

TR - Trick-or-treating was hilarious. I just took her to the six houses closest to us. She got the hang of saying trick-or-treat right away (which, in toddler speak was "Tree Tra!") and then would say "Candy!" and "Thank you!". But then she kept trying to run inside everyone's house. At one house, she saw a dog and chased it inside and all the way up their stairs!

FR - Cheese cannelloni, salad. I roasted three pumpkins worth of pumpkin seeds yesterday and they are so delicious. But I ate so many yesterday, I feel like I have a hangover from all the salt!

NRR - DH's birthday today. But he has to work this weekend Sad

~~~~

rg - Sounds like our weather is making its way to you tomorrow. So strange that the half would start at 1 pm. Any idea what their reasoning is for that start time? Sounds like trick or treating was a blast! Our downtown shops always hand out candy on Halloween day as well and all the little kids parade through town. It's super cute.

zorbs - Glad B had fun trick-or-treating and ringing doorbells! He would not like trick-or-treating at our house so much - we disconnected our doorbell last year because people kept coming to the door and ringing it and waking S up from her naps.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning

RR - SRD, I'm going to ST at lunch since I missed it on Weds and Monday this week.  I've been having lots of phantom tightness/injury warnings etc this week, so need to keep on top of the ST'ing!  I downloaded my DM logs into an excel spreadsheet last night, and have all my running for the last 3 years compiled, My mileage is so much higher than when I last trained for a marathon (and dnf'ed due to injury), I'm just amazed that I'm running this much and am not injured, must keep st'ing!!!! Smile

TR - had a blast last night, we went to the church for a bit as they had a fall festival thing, with games and candy, etc.  Then on the way home DH took her to a few houses trick-or-treating.

BR - still sick but her fever is close to normal on advil/tylenol, and she's pretty happy when it is.  DH dropped her at the dayhome yesterday afternoon and she did alright there for the afternoon, and was ok for the evening but not herself.  She woke up just after 4 this morning so I redosed her and snuggled her for a bit, then just got up and came into work... we're dropping her at the dayhome this morning but I'm not sure she'll last the day there.  I'm ok with going home early though.

NRR - picking MIL up at the airport at 6:30 - which means going straight from the dayhome if the girls stay till 5... we'll grab supper somewhere, if traffic is bad, at the airport, if it's good, then somewhere close.

Need coffee....

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Nope. Plan to run Sat and Sunday.

TR: We took him downtown to trick or treat around 4:30ish, did that about 30 minutes then took him all over town to our friends houses to trick or treat and didn't get home til about 7:30. He had fun and ate a bunch of candy. I loved the dino costume BeckyKay sent me Smile I owe you a starbucks card, becky!

FR: Taco soup last night, early date night after work today.

NRR: kitchen cabinets should be done and DH has to go out to the house to confirm the kitchen countertop templating today. I think we got our lighting choices narrowed down, but I might have to go back and tweak it, as we might be over budget.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - I would never do a race at that time, I'm useless between 1-3pm.

ernie - we went to this bunch of houses where DH did a lot of work, and the doorbells are all really hidden off to the side.  At every house, the homeowners complained to DH about the doorbells, but he didn't install them, just the software.  BTW now the temp at race start is supposed to be -2 and I've officially switch to team long sleeve.

CA - I read a thing recently about how you should stop ST 8-14 days before your race.

spike - whoa, 4:30?! so early!

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- in my town, the businesses do a trick or treat from 4-6, then kids hit the Trunk N treats or houses from 6-8

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

rg- Glad R had fun trick or treating! His frog costume looked cute, did he not like the hood? It was a tad cold and windy so R wasn't whiny about his costume.

zorbs- R would ring the doorbell, then knock continuously until they made with the candy.

Ernie- R is the opposite and would try to run away from houses that had dogs inside.

CA- your running is going awesome!

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

zorbs- R would ring the doorbell, then knock continuously until they made with the candy.

ha, that's exactly what B did too.  We had to yell, RING THE DOORBELL ONCE ONLY!!! at every house.

Erniegirl

CA - Yay for ST keeping you injury free. ST is great - I've been STing a lot more this year and I think it has helped me be less sore after races. Does O have any other symptoms, or is it fever-only virus?

Spike - Busy Halloween evening you had! Ever since I got attacked by a dog when I had a paper route as a kid, I haven't been much of a dog person. But S LOVES them and seeing dogs be so cute and good with her is making me like dogs a bit more.

zorbs - Yeah, if you don't want to wear arm warmers for the whole race, that is l/s territory for sure. Especially since it looks like there's going to be a bit of a wind chill.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

NRR - boss annoyed me into job hunting at work today... found a listing at a big oil company that's perfect, polishing CV and will apply this weekend.

ernie - she had a cold before she got this new upgraded fever virus, so she does have a stuffy nose, but I think that's the old virus not the new one... lucky kid.  Hope you don't get blown away during your tempo!  Maybe run all the tempo km's with the wind and hitch a ride home? Smile

zorbs - yeah I forsure will lay off the weights for the week before the race.

spike - R was super cute in his costume!  Have a great date night!

rg - that is a bizare race time!  I run pretty well in the early afternoon though, I think cause I can take the whole morning for bathroom visits Wink

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

Ernie- R likes dogs, but he really has to warm up to them first. He doesn't like it when dogs bark or get jumpy. One of our friends we visited last night has a german shepherd puppy and he insists on being held or sitting on the counter with his feet up at their house.  He is absolutely terrified of my stepsister's bullmastiff/lab mix because he's giant, even though he is so calm and mellow.

Erniegirl

RR update - I can't believe I forgot to report on my whopper of a tempo run this morning. The wind gusts are ridiculous and I wanted to bail during my warm up kms, but told myself to toughen up. Tempo part: first two kms were straight into the wind in 5:17 and 5:00. Then I turned a corner so the wind wasn't head on anymore and ran three kms in 4:48, 4:46 and 4:43. Turned so the wind was at my back and ran two glorious kms in 4:29 and 4:25. And then I turned a corner and into a huge gust of wind. A leaf hit me in the mouth so hard my lip started bleeding. That's right, I got a split lip from a leaf. Fabulous. But run completed!