Womens Running

Thankful For Friends (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Just want to thank you all for being friends.

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Monday I did 50 minutes running on the track. The concentration on breathing is helping a great deal.

Tuesday was 35 minutes on the track.

Cardio/run DVD for me after work today.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Ran yesterday morning for 1:20 or so but don't remember distance. Doing weight workout at gym this morning before office. DD and I have our train trip this afternoon then Chicago.

Anyone interested in running dances with dirt in Wisconsin in July? I can work in a business trip to Chicago the week before it and then we could split the cost of the room in Wisconsin.  I believe that it would make great training if someone were to be planning on a Grand Canyon type of expedition.

Lisa

The above post probably is a good indication that I'm getting back to normal isn't it?  With normal being a relative term of course.

Lisa

Good Morning!  5 miles of intervals on the tm this morning.  Couldn't tell if the rain was past, and I didn't want another rain out so I went to the gym.

BF is back after 16 days at sea.  Tied up at the dock, but can't disembark yet....  missed himWill be nice to have him back home.  Baked an amazing looking cake last night.  Hope it tastes good.  Worried it will be a little tough.

Have a great day!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  My 8 with 5 X 800m went really well last night.  Tonight, it's an SRD.

Judy, nice workouts.  And thank you too.

Lisa, nice run.  Enjoy the weights.

Sue, nice intervals.  Hoping you get to see your BF today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, that is tempting. Hmm. What are the dates? Fly into Chicago, meet there, drive up to WI on Friday, run Saturday, drive back to Chicago on Sunday and fly out?

I would like revenge on that course. And on the guy who thought I was pregnant.

But I'd like even more to do Gnaw Bone next May so that I can get Indiana...wonder if I can persuade DD that we should go from SD to California by way of Indiana?

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

5.2 for me. Nice run. Didn't have to tape the toe

I concur it is nice to have you all here and love I've met many of you.

Lisa  yes you are getting back to normal

Ginny sorry evening running is not for you.

Tessa how many states do you have now?

D as hot as it was here I know yours was worse. From dew point in my app we are almost identical today.

Marjorie

Just want to thank you all for being friends.

Post.

This is so darn nice, I just had to post.  Hope to meet more of you someday soon, or at least at Shadow next year... Tessa convince Baz to do it one more year!

Glad to see Lisa is plotting and scheming about trail races once again.

CrazySue, I'm suspect BF will be so happy to see you that the cake (while undoubtedly delicious) might be an afterthought.

Damaris, enjoyed your Chicago pics!  Looks like a fun time.

Marjorie, glad the toe seems to be improving.

I went to PowerBlast this morning so will do a run tomorrow.  I'm looking forward to a busy weekend with a 25k trail race in Auburn on Saturday, supplies pick-up for Western States after the run, then another trail run with a RC buddy on Sunday.

Have a great day!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Tessa-Let me know for sure.  I'm looking at the marathon. Bummed though since I just missed the $10 price bump as of today.  Oh well. $69 for a marathon isn't bad.  Lord knows I'll get my money's worth out of it timewise. The bluffs were amazing to see!  Medal doubles as a bottle opener too.

Lisa

LC Runs

4.5 misty miles this morning with running friend.

Tessa - nope, I promised to run with her...it'll be fine, I'm just hoping we feel good and keeping moving (running or walking) throughout the whole thing.  Who knows, I may be the one wimping the entire way lol!!  Charlevoix is about 90  miles away, we are actually making it a camping weekend so it should be a great time if the weather cooperates!

Carol - it's not the friend I met in Midland, is it (Jenny?)  I'm assuming not, she can't be in her 60's...

Hi Judy, Lisa, Damaris, Sue, Gatsby, Marjorie.....