Womens Running

Wonderful Wednesday - Supermoms (Read 22 times)

strollermama

CA - Yeah, unfortunately it isn't always an option.  Right now I am paying for a gym membership which I used like 2 times a month.  But the only reason I want to keep it is because in December I will be able to work out over lunch and my gym is located right near.  Then I will probably quit the gym, haha.

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

superspike113

Honorary Old

Gah, builder ran our color palette past the designer he keeps on retainer and she says she sees where we are going but the main color is too 'electric' and so he wants me to look at some other colors she suggested. Oh and DH is on night shift so I have to decide it by myself on my lunch break today.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Erniegirl

Ran 11k this morning. Felt great, though a bit toasty. It was only 4C when I headed out, so I wore a long sleeve shirt with my skirt. The sun ended up being quite warm, however, so I was sweating like crazy by the end!

~~~

cx2 - That's great that C seems to be warming up to the ILs. S always scarfs down fish as well. Thanksgiving dinner will be six people, so nothing crazy. It is kind of short notice, but I would much rather do it here than have to go to the ILs and eat MIL's terrible cooking so it's all good Wink

stroller - Canadian Thanksgiving is always the second Monday in October. We think you guys are weird for having your Thanskgiving so close to Christmas Joking It would be tough to fit in runs with your work schedule. It will be nice when you can work out at lunchtime. Hope you and DH can make it to the retreat!

becky - Ugh on DH being away the rest of the month. That is a long time. From what I've heard on the news, the government shut down sounds like total madness! When they finally get back to work, the first order of business should be to pass a law prohibiting all future shutdowns. I feel the same way about Ragnar...sounds like fun, but I'm already so sleep deprived, I can't bear the thought of staying up all night voluntarily!

arm - I'll bet L's costume will be adorable! S was a devil for Halloween last year and it was super cute. That's a long time to have a pair of shoes! Do you have other pairs that you've been rotating?

rg - You are so good at squeezing in miles when you can! Lol at R cozied up in the laundry basket. Yay for your friend's baby arriving!

CA - Impressive workout on your first day back to work! That is completely insane that food was served that way and that there was not enough when they were charging $500 a head. I would be bitter if I didn't get enough food even if I only paid $50! A three day work week sounds like it would be awesome.

hbrun - Welcome and congrats on your new baby!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

armmama

hbrun - welcome!!

CA - thanks for the idea of using Dailymile to track shoes!  I was trying to do it myself on a spreadsheet but I never kept up with it.  I added the shoes I bought for the marathon so hopefully I can keep better track of those.

rg - I've been rotating shoes so I haven't just been running in the kayanos but if I had to guess they probably have at least 400 miles on them, maybe closer to 500.  I also run in Brooks Trance which are also up there in miles, but I bought a new pair of the Trance for the marathon.  I've done a few runs in the new shoes and will do this weekend's LR and most of taper in them.

ernie - yes I rotate shoes.  I was rotating with older pairs until I got shin splints and stopped running in old shoes.  Great run this morning!  I ran in a long sleeved shirt on Sunday and was hot for a while until it got cloudy and started to drizzle and then I was glad I had my long sleeves.  Sometimes it's hard to figure out what to wear!

spike - what color had you picked out?  Picking colors can be so tough, I was glad our last 2 houses were painted for us and that I liked the color for the most part!

BermyHorse

RR: killer workout. 2.5m w/u then 8xhill sprints of 0.15miles in length (total 2.5m in hill part), all out sprint up and walk/jog down. 2m c/d. 7&8 hills were brutal. Close your eyes and hope your lungs work, any moment, any moment lungs, brutal. 8m total.

NRR: going to zoo in a bit when DS wakes up. Had a migraine at noon and it has cleared now except for dull bruising pain. I get them from time to time.

TR: sitter bought him a play set of drills, saws etc and he LOVES it. She is so sweet and I am so thankful to have her in our lives.

FR: ... DS is awake... gotta go

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - that sucks!!  I hope you can find something you really like.

ernie - nice job on the 11k!  The dinner was more about the wine as they were serving a flight of wines that were $400/bottle but I would have been p1ssed also, I told DH it was a good thing I wasn't there!!

bermy - Good job on your hill workout!  I have a particular love for a deadly hill workout Smile  Sorry about the migrane, but I'm glad it's better.  Hope you enjoy the zoo.  Serious hugs re your fb post, I'm on a keyboard and not my phone now so can be more verbose (just what everyone wants, hey, cA to be more verbose! hahaha).  I'm a bit like you, I like to dress for comfort, don't do well putting on airs, I've also always found it hard to make friends.  I'm really blessed to have my RP and have had her share a good portion of my mat leaves with me, or I would have been pretty depressed I think.  I don't have any extra ideas, but wanted to offer support and understanding.  I really hope you can find a kindred spirit mom who you can relate to, you have such a generous personality that they'd be so lucky to have you as a friend!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/