Womens Running

Feels Like Friday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

And It's here!

Day off today.  Taking DD and a friend of hers on two college visits.  Wayne State University (smack dab in the middle of mid-town Detroit) and University of Michigan (sorry Susan).  High of 41 so will be chilly for sure to walk around campuses.

Speaking of Susan- she and I are running Rugged Man trail race (4.8 miles which I think is funny for a race distance).  Will arrive there early for some extra miles on this curviest of trails where flat straightaways measure in single digit feet.  Fun! They have hot chocolate and pizza at the end! Should need it.  Overnight low of 29 with only a high of 44.

Lisa

LC Runs

TGIF!

Will run 3-4 miles in a bit, going to squeeze it in between taking kids to school and heading over to 2 hour Benefits meeting for work (annual health care stuff for 2015).  Heading up north to mom's later this afternoon.

Lisa - that run sounds fun, can't wait to hear about it!  My DD wants to go visit some universities soon, as well.  She's thinking Western as they have a Music Therapy program.

Bikerchick1

Lisa - Isn't Rugged Man where I met you the first time?  If I didn't just get back from vacation and have way too much to do this week-end, I would come down and run it too!!!  Have fun with the college visits.  Will be chilly for sure.  Do you have any other events coming up?

Laura - Have a great time in TC!

Running after work.  1/2 day today Smile

Carol

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

No dizziness whatever and I will pick up some gatorade today on a grocery run. Does GU have electrolytes? I suspect it should. I could carry some emergency GU. These crazy things happen more to little old ladies than to younger gals.

Meetings at work all day. I will exercise one way or the other.

Thursday I did 45 minutes at the track. When I got home I did 25 minutes cardio dvd work. I’m learning a few new moves.

Today will be a track run and some cardio if we are released soon enough from our all day meetings.

If we don’t get out in time, I’ll do my cardio work at home.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

3.5 chilly but pleasant miles in between kid drop offs.

Carol - enjoy your 1/2 day..I am looking forward to the weekend but hoping the snow stays away (at least during travel time) 

Judy - glad the dizziness is better

ginnyb

Rest day for me today,  I got up at 4, with all intentions of doing some stuff and then doing my WT again, but I made dinner, then sat down to knit and before I knew it, it was too late.  Oh well.....

GD, by winning last week, are in the State tournament this week, but the game is played here at the high school stadium, so that makes things a little easier.  Weather is supposed to be pretty cold again though.

Lisa...trail race sounds fun.  Enjoy the college visits.

Judy...glad of the no dizziness!   You may be little, but you aren't old!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Glad it's Friday but running a race in Orlando tomorrow at 10pm is going to take all my rest from the weekend.

Ended up running 11 miles with 3 with hubby last night.  Tonight, it's Pilates and 5 miles.

Lisa, enjoy the college visits.  Good luck on the race!

Susan, good luck as well!

LC Runs, enjoy the run and the meeting (if that is possible).

Carol, jealous of your half day.

Judy, glad you had no more dizziness.

Ginny, enjoy the rest.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hobby Jogger Especial!

Good morning. I had planned on doing upper body weights last night but it didn't happen - too busy with other stuff. So I knocked out my weights this morning.  Otherwise, its a rest day for me. My brother is doing the Ragnar Trail Relay in Phoenix this weekend. How I wish I could be running with him. Oh well, we'll be doing the RnR Half in AZ in January. I should be getting some good "Grandma" time tomorrow with my granddaughter.  Two year olds are so entertaining! Have a good weekend everyone!

Lisa - enjoy your day off and college visits. Hope you have a great time at your trail race!

LC - hope your run and visit goes well.

Carol - hope you get caught up after vacation and enjoy your 1/2 day.

Judy - such a busy lady. Glad your dizziness has not returned.

Ginny - I know what you mean getting busy with things and some other things get delayed.

Damaris - a race at 10pm? I don't know how you do it. Glad your 11 went well. Have a good race!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1 for me. Work and prep for my PA meeting next week

Lisa hope the tours go well

Carol I didn't know dd was pregnant. How exciting for you

D what night race us this?  Wine and dine?

judy yes it has electrolytes.

My undertarined friends race is tomorrow. I will let you know how she does. I hope she is smart and stops or doesn't get hurt

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

I'm tired. I got home around 1 a.m. last night. Really didn't think I'd make it to work on time, but actually made it with a couple minutes to spare. Of course now I'm exhausted and headachy and whiny.

Lisa and Susan, enjoy the race this weekend.

Ginny, good luck to GD and her team! How exciting!!

Marjorie, I think we're all interested to see how your friend's race goes....

Hi to all. Probably another rest day for me. Might as well just call it a rest week at this point. I have Pilates tomorrow, and normally I'd run beforehand, but I think this time I'll go with sleeping in instead.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Laura-I do recommend starting tours early before the decision is a must do one.  Also gives them a chance to pick up what they like and don't like.  DD liked the dorms at Wayne State.  Liked UoM better than Wisconsin but still likes DePaul.  The other BIG part of it is that the reason for strong GPA's, class selection, and extracurriculars stays top of mind.  Light at end of tunnel.  We didn't tour Western but the Forensics state finals were there so did see the campus.

Carol-yes! The same Rugged Man!  I have The Huff 50k as a strong maybe on Dec. 20.  Katie is doing it and I would ride there and back with her.  It's a few hours drive in Indiana.  Trail is supposed to be nice, as long as not flooded as it was a few years ago.

Judy-glad to hear you're feeling better. Gu does have electrolytes in them.

Ginny-hope dd's game goes well!

Damaris-you seem to do a lot of night races.  Have fun!

Shadow-hi!

Marjorie-did you tell her my acronym: DNUD (did not use deductible)?

Karen-rest does seem in order!

Did my lower body weight routine then 40 minutes on the wave/arc rider machine. Then 2 college walking tours.

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Ha. Lisa no. Not yet. I'm waiting as I'm trying to be supportive. I don't want to be the negative person.  I did sign up for text alerts to her run so will be able to track her tomorrow.

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Judy, check the label of the gus. Some have electrolytes, some don't.

Karen, what kept you out until 1 am on a work night? Sleeping in tomorrow is probably a good idea.

Carol, congratulations, I didn't know DD was pregnant.

Lisa and Susan, enjoy the race tomorrow!

Shadow, you're doing RnR AZ?

Laura, at least you had a meeting regarding benefits, they had us do it all online and it was tough.

Ginny, glad you do not have to drive to see GD's game this weekend.

Damaris, a race at 10 PM? Yikes.

Marjorie, good luck to your friend.

In Mesquite, AZ, with Karen from runango. We are doing a small race tomorrow. The poor RD has had a terrible time with things including difficult road permits, bus company crapping out, and not enough runners or volunteers. Still, we have 26.2 miles of road and some water stations and that's all we really need. We went to Hoover Dam and the bridge on Thursday afternoon and then toured Valley of Fire state park today. Tomorrow the race and then probably the Virgin River gorge and dinner in St. George.