Womens Running

Happy Birthday Ernie! Thursday Supermoms (Read 22 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - enjoy your weekend!

eh - long work days suck!

ernie - is swiss chalet your choice for dinner?

mer - I love buying the halloween jelly beans because orange and black are my 2 favourites.  Otherwise I pick out the black ones out of the bulk bin at the store.

moxie & becky - hi!

CA - I hated doing speed on the path and I will never do it again if possible.

spike - I have very little kitchen storage space, but I keep wanting a dehydrator so I can make cheesy kale chips at home instead of paying GD $8.99/bag at WF. Also, jerky.

arm - I forgot to plan meals that DH won't eat even though he's away this week.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs-I have a really good jerky recipe if you ever break down and buy one. Works really well on weirdo game meats that DH brings home even. Hmm.. maybe I'll make elk jerky with all that steak in my freezer. I need to fish my dehydrator out of storage to make some food for backpacking this fall.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Erniegirl

I thought S was going to nap strike today, which would have been the worst birthday present ever, but she finally went to sleep.

cx2 - Sounds like C just hates being told no! Typical toddler drama. I can't believe your manager is surprised that you have too many meetings. What a moron.

zorbs - The stretch by the beach would be way nicer than running the track, but I guess you don't really notice scenery when busting out 5 x 1000. I think I need to get a toothbrush S is LESS interested in so that she'll stop grabbing it away from me and trying to brush her own teeth. I suggested Swiss Chalet because it's easy for my mom to get off the 404 at Davis and grab it. I like it, but it's not my favourite food ever or anything. My DH is a Swiss Chalet fiend, though,.

mer - I'm sure CC meets are not much fun for you at this point. Hope you can get home fairly early tonight! Feeling yucky might be a good sign but, regardless of when you go, it's nice that you can start labour with only 7 cm to go. Do you have a shortage of teachers there? The sub issue seems so strange to me because we have such a surplus of teachers here, there would be like 7,000 teachers clamoring to fill in  for your mat leave.

CA - Sounds like you might be in for a peaceful night with M feeling better and one of O's teeth popped! We got rid of our home phone last year and don't miss it at all.

Spike - Sometimes it's just nice to be out there in the fresh air even if the run itself is bad. R probably needed a good sleep! You said you have a Roku player, right? There is a TED channel on there you can add for free and access all the talks. I've only watched a few, but they are cool because if you see something you are interested in, you can watch a 10-15 minute speech on it so you learn something new and it doesn't take up much time. I love brussels sprouts, too!

Arm - Whining drives me absolutely nuts, it is the most annoying thing ever. Fun that the kids get to all walk home together today!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ernie - my lasting memory of that particular swiss chalet is the lineup of old people right out the door after church on Sundays.

Erniegirl

zorbs - Ha ha, old people love Swiss Chalet. That place is packed solid for dinner time at 5 pm every day.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

BermyHorse

happy birthday ernie!!!

RR: recovery 6 for me easy. Then prehab and abs with ankle weights. Legs are tired but ok.

NRR: went to an indoor play place and DS and I built a huge tower with those padded foam blocks. And then played with trains and cars for ages. He is currently sat on his digger kissing his basketball. He totally gets this from DH who was an avid basketball player.

TR: just slept for 2 hours. I feel like I had a vacation this afternoon. makes up for him tugging me out of bed at 3am. Not sure what that was all about but I went into his bed and we both went back to sleep.

FR: halibut and a big salad.

Spike  - a question about sewing - do you quilt with your regular foot or your quilting foot? I have both but have never tried the latter. Also, are you anal about getting all your seams to go the same way?

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

superspike113

Honorary Old

happy birthday ernie!!!

RR: recovery 6 for me easy. Then prehab and abs with ankle weights. Legs are tired but ok.

NRR: went to an indoor play place and DS and I built a huge tower with those padded foam blocks. And then played with trains and cars for ages. He is currently sat on his digger kissing his basketball. He totally gets this from DH who was an avid basketball player.

TR: just slept for 2 hours. I feel like I had a vacation this afternoon. makes up for him tugging me out of bed at 3am. Not sure what that was all about but I went into his bed and we both went back to sleep.

FR: halibut and a big salad.

Spike  - a question about sewing - do you quilt with your regular foot or your quilting foot? I have both but have never tried the latter. Also, are you anal about getting all your seams to go the same way?

The giant foam blocks at DS's daycare are a favorite amongst the kids.

I'm trying to remember if I have a quilting aka "walking" foot. I have used one in the past but I can't remember if I have one or if I just quilted on my stepmom's machine?  Walking/quiting feet are handy a) they have adjustable height which is nice if you are working on something thick b) the walking action causes the fabric to feed through more smoothly and you won't get little pintucks in your backing.   Since quilting is your thing, it would be a worthwhile investment. I quilt infrequently, so if I have a foot its because my stepmom bought it for me. You won't really need a quilting foot unless you are quilting more than 2 layers together (backing, batting, topper).  Does that make sense?

Check out this thing I found yesterday- http://mjprojectdiy.com/   I want to do it since I love making jewelry. Once again foisted by my life being trapped in a storage locker. MJ Trim has really awesome sewing embellishments and hardware too, in case you are ever looking for something like that.

MTA- I forgot your second question. It depends on what you are working on. I *try* to make my seams go one direction when I press them, but I'm also a big fan of pressing them open on most projects because you get nice crisp corners that way. I tend to piece in assembly line fashion a whole row at a time then stitch rows together. Your corners might not line up perfectly doing it that way but its the easy/lazy way so that's how I do it.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

BermyHorse

spike - you're awesome and I don't know what I would do without you.

mer - great progress - that's 3 less for active labour! Rest up and save your energy mama.

Wavs to everyone else. I am in the thick of building this and I am glad I have multiple degrees as it's ridiculously unnecessarily complicated. Dh got it as a 2yo b'day gift for DS and of course I am the one reading the instructions...

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- that is quite the train table!