Womens Running

Tantalizing Tuesday ( over 40 ) (Read 15 times)

ginnyb

I tried to think of an uplifting topic, but this is all my brain could come up with this morning.

Raining like a son of a gun this morning.  It is a cold rain so not going to go out and run.  Will do my DVD here in a minute.

My shin is still good after my run on Sunday, so must just have been my shoes or something last weekend, thank goodness.

Anyway, everyone have a great day!  I am so trying to have a better attitude at work.  I walk into the building in the morning  in a good mood, ready to not get myself down and by 10 I am in a funk again!  Don't really know what to do with myself.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Bikerchick1

Ginny - glad your shin is better!  I hear ya on the work attitude....takes about 10 minutes for some of the people I work with to "suck" the positive attitude out....I love what I do, just don't know why people have to be so negative Sad

Did the stability ball class yesterday.  I am loving these classes.  I also made my decision and I am doing the marathon...thanks for all your help yesterday.  Guess I just needed a mental vacation from thinking I was running it...  I had emailed the RD, and was given some names that I could transfer bib,  since I just couldn't  bring myself to actually email anyone, I knew I secretly wanted to do it...

Off to work, will run this evening.

Carol

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I ended up doing nothing yesterday.  7 GA miles on the TM and weights if I have time.  It's too hot already and will be in the mid 90s at 6pm.  TM, here I come.

Ginny, glad to hear the shins are OK.  Hoping it was just shoe soreness.

Carol, nice class.

I signed up for Pilates.  Will have 4 introductory sessions (first one next week) and then I graduate to a regular class.  Although if the private lessons are not that expensive I might do those instead (due to my time constraints).  Time to work those abs!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

D hope the Pilates works out. My private lessons are $45 an hour session.

The amount of negative people is amazing Ginny and Carol. They can suck the life out if you

more Karma points. I'm making dad and wife Easter baskets. Just small ones. I asked her daughter what kind if candy she liked so I got the right things.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Hi guys,

Planning on running 7 after work tonight. It is sunny with temps in the 60s. I am one happy girl. And the weather is supposed to be like this all week. Of course, until Saturday, the day of my duathlon, when it may rain. I am starting to wonder about my lack of common sense when it comes to this race. I think I'm starting to get a touch of the taper madness (why yes, I did think I was going to trip going down the two steps outside my office building today and break an ankle) and so I'm going to not only run hard, but ride my bike the weekend before Boston? While I still want to do well, I have to think I'll be happy to just not crash!

Ginny, I'm glad it seems the shoes were the culprit. An easy fix! Or whatever it was, I'm glad the pain was short-lived.

Carol, yay for doing the marathon. Try to make it a "no pressure, just for fun" marathon, okay?

Damaris, my boss just started private lessons for Pilates. She really likes it. Good for you - I really need more core stuff in my life, just seems to fall way down on my list of things to do.

Marjorie, very sweet to do the easter baskets.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Only got 4.2. Had major computer problems. Stupid computer. They still haven't called me to fix it. I figured out how to get in. But, seriously they need to fix the problem. It wouldn't even let me log on!  I bypassed one of the log in screens and it let me in.

did an hour of Pilates too

now for the weird. My dad just sent me a request to link with me on linked in. Ummmmm not sure wtf he is doing on linked in???   I never use it but I will accept it.

Have the dinner reservations. They want to do brunch here versus out on Easter. Better not change their mind. We won't be able to get reservations anywhere.

Karen  enjoy the weather!

I am doing cute baskets. I got a tool tote thingy for dad to be his basket. I'll put the Easter stuff in that. And a pretty beach/nautical bowl to do hers in. Then they can reuse. I was feeling creative. I was going to get the candy after Pilates but had to sidetrack over to Hone Depot to get something needed for the instal of the hot water heater that Lowes doesn't have in stock and didn't know when they would get it. I don't want to wait forever to get this done. HD had the part so I got it and went and paid Lowes (with that part taken off the contract). So it should be done in a few days.

Marjorie

Ginny-tantalizing is... well tantalizing.  makes me think of tan lines and that gives me a zing so all good.  <yes, a brain is a terrible thing to waste>

Carol-we never had any doubt.

Damaris-I prefer pie and lattes but they do nothing for my abs.

Karen-common sense and race used in same sentence on this board. that was funny.

Marjorie-you are sweeter than the candy you are filling their baskets with! Ha! Maybe your dad is looking for a new job.  That is funny.

3.5 outside this morning.  Been rolling.. it's my calf that is acting up.  Actually using the lacrosse ball.

Lisa