Womens Running

Thrilled About Thursday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

Not thrilled that the weather is ugly in NC tho... sis, niece-in-law (?) and niece are flying out of Wilmington today for our sisters weekend.

Marjorie-I hope all are okay there...

Cindy-enjoy the snow!

Judy-hole between Tuesday and Thursday? must be a pot hole.  groan they are HORRIBLE here.

Tessa-the flying hot dog was 2 decades ago (ha! I'm betting that my 26 yo dd will love it when I put it that way!!).  wow on dh's weight loss.  speaking of pot holes above... does insurance world notice pot hole season? It's like the north suffers from seasonal slow and enduring earth quakes or something.  Horrible.

Karen-enjoy your snow day.

Ginny-have fun in Columbus!!

Damaris-hope recovery goes quickly!

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Arimthea, I'm sorry about DH getting worse. Perhaps you can get more home help?

MyMomRuns, the potholes are awful here as well! Dangerous for car wheels, for sure.

Wednesday I slogged through my run/cardio DVD. It was an effort, but it's done. Back to work today even though I still feel rocky. Just getting used to eating regular foods has been difficult. At least today I get my hair cut & colored. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Today will be SDO. I still feel lousy, but not quite so bad.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

camille2

Good morning! Snow and ice here so I'm still at my mom's.  It's very pretty and we never lost power so I'm feel quite lucky.

Cindy, I'm so impressed you placed OA!  I don't remember if I commented, but I sure thought it as I read!   Awesome job!

I wrote a post yesterday, but I don't see it. Sorry if the following is a dup.

ginny, a program for seniors called Silver Sneakers is quite popular at my gym And they've had it for a few years.  As a student, it would be too easy for you, but you woul be a great role model.

demaris, good luck tomorrow! I wish you fast healing.

i had PT Tuesday and walked yesterday.  I'll walk again today-it's too slick to run.

Hi to everyone else! I'm using the phone and lack the patience to write more.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Nothing today as I go into surgery prep.

Tessa, sorry to hear about your husband's continued weight loss.  I hope you can get hospice care back.

Lisa, sorry about the yucky weather.  Hope you enjoy the sisters' weekend.

Judy, sorry you're still struggling with food.  Hope you can add more food soon.

Camille, enjoy!

And thanks, ladies!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good Morning!  Back with it today.   Did some tough intervals on the treadmill.  I was a little apprehensive about today's workout, but I did it and am now glad my coach is challenging me.

Cold (for us) today--30s -40s and gray.  I hope y'all in the north stay safe and warm.  It has been so cold here I bought yarn to knit Jake and Gracie sweaters.  Hahaha

Tessa--I hope you get good news at DH's next eval.  He has really lost a lot of weight.  Wow.

Damaris--I hope everything goes well tomorrow and you are on the road to recovery soon!

runlikeagirl18

Good morning ladies-

There will be no outside run for me today - it sleeted for several hours last night, and now it's back to snowing hard. No one's going anywhere today. I'll probably try to get a few miles in on the treadmill, but our treadmill is old and not great, so 3 or so is probably all I will manage.

Lisa - DH works for a multi-state bank, and the Wilmington branches are the only ones anywhere in the state that are open, so hopefully your sis and the others can get out.

Judy - sorry the recover has been so slow, stomach issues are the worst.

Camille - we never lost power here either - I was worried about it, with all the sleet/freezing rain!

Damaris - best of luck!

Crazysue - nice that the situation with the coach is working out.

Off to get some work done. Have a great day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

runlikeagirl18

I wound up running outside after all! The sleet didn't really create an icy layer, plus it has snowed a bunch on top of it, so I bundled up and went out for five in the snow. I called one of my running buddies and she leapt at the chance to go with me - she was just about to get on the treadmill and liked the idea of a snow run much better. She called one other friend, and I called my Saturday running buddy, so we wound up with four of us. The footing wasn't too bad - we stuck to main roads and ran in the tire tracks - and it's not too cold, so it was really a very pleasant run!

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

6.2 miles. Not too bad but windy and cold.

At least we didnt lose power again.

Lisa. Yep. charleston is fine. No issues at all. One bridge is closed still but no ice here in my area

Judy nice for hair cut

Camille hope hip is still improving.

D gl gl with the surgery

Cindy yucky on the snow. I'm very glad we didn't get any.

Marjorie

Bikerchick1

Demarias - Good luck on your surgery!  Will be so good to have it done and get in recovery mode.

Marjorie - Glad you were able to get out for your miles.

Cindy - Saw your pic on FB - looks like you had fun!

Lisa - Can you believe we are seeing 20's.....

Camille - Glad you did not lose any power.

Crazysue - What kind of coach do you have?

Tessa - Sorry about DH's weight loss....I hope you are taking care of yourself!

Ginny - I think Senior exercise class would be awesome!

TM run tonight, it is dark and I don't feel like dealing with the melting snow Sad

Anonymous Guest

Snow day today for me. I worked about half the day, plus shoveled snow for two hours, did laundry and rode my bike on the trainer. I decided to blow off my run since I'm running a marathon on Sunday. After finishing everything and making dinner, I got an email that the marathon was canceled because of the snow. We got about a foot overnight and this morning, plus we're getting another 2-4 inches tonight, and now they are saying we will get a couple more inches tomorrow night. Too much for a suburban Maryland marathon I guess. And I will attempt to do today's planned 11 tomorrow. On the treadmill. Which will suck.

The good news is they are now saying 50s and possibly even 60s by the end of next week.

I am tired and sore. I don't have the energy to do much of anything and will probably just lie on the couch and watch Olympics all night. Not planning on going in to the office tomorrow. Pretend I had something terribly witty and entertaining to say to each one of you. There, personals done.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

I am tired and sore. I don't have the energy to do much of anything and will probably just lie on the couch and watch Olympics all night. Not planning on going in to the office tomorrow. Pretend I had something terribly witty and entertaining to say to each one of you. There, personals done.

karen

Haha, at least you pretended to try!  I just do a fly-by every so often.  Like today.

I do want to send Demaris good wishes for her surgery tomorrow.

Waves to everyone else!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR