Womens Running

Thrilling Thursday - Supermoms (Read 7 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - Taking advantage of clear, cool and non-humid weather to do 8-10K of trails, some new to me.

KR - got the letter from school detailing the integration period for September. Gulp.

FR - quiche, salad.

NRR - yesterday I got a text from my high school (first) BF. He comes to Ontario about once a year (he lives in NS) but sometimes he's really busy and we don't hang out. But he was free for a few hours and we ended up having lunch.

WR - job fair at Marshalls this afternoon.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!
      RR - SRD. Tomorrow RP and I are hitting one of our favorite trails, and the reports are it's muddy! Smile

KR - tried to climb her bookshelf after I put her to bed to reach some jelly beans that are there for restocking her pooping reindeer (don't ask - it's a plastic reindeer that poops jelly beans), and then cried when I wouldn't give her a jelly bean...

TR - was outside with DH when M was working on riding her bike, O also had to wear a "hat" (helmet) like M. She was adorable toddling around the front of the house with a helmet on.

FR - my work is having a stampede bbq tonight, MIL is watching the kids.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 3.5 miles with Joleen this morning. Heidi went to seattle and back yesterday and didn't get home til after 1, so she didn't come. Lucked out and the wildfire smoke was blowing South instead of East so it wasn't nasty. It smells like a campfire here.

TR: This morning on the radio he heard "Airplane" by RHCP and said "Mama, its TowMater on the radio!" He did that the other day with a female vocalist and said it was Anna from Frozen. Has woken up at 3:30 am the past few nights.

FR: Last night was sauteed cajun spiced chicken breast, Annie's white cheddar mac n cheese and broccoli. So inspired.  I will finally cook that flat iron steak tonight, I swear!

NRR: I was really tired and grumpy last night. DH was gone on another wildfire all evening and R wouldn't stop bouncing on me. I guess I never realized how wiggly he is until I saw his inability to sit still at the puppet show the other night.

Zorbs- I see my HS boyfriend every day LOL. When I think about it, it feels really odd that I have never experienced a breakup. Good luck at the job fair!  I can't believe retailers are being so picky with you- I basically majored in retail (apparel merchandising/textiles) and they usually will hire anyone with a good attitude.

CA- My granma had these crocheted ducks that pooped jellybeans, and a cover for a Tissue box that had you pull the kleenex out of a dog's butthole, so yeah, the pooping reindeer doesn't seem that weird to  me. How long does Calgary stampede last?

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

spike - I think it's because I have ZERO experience and sometimes don't speak very well, so they'd hire someone with experience over me every time, and those people are easy to find.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- its not like you don't have ANY work history. With your ability to work patiently with kids as a piano teacher and being a trainer at the gym, you'd think they'd be able to see you have people skills. Did you do any promotion to sell memberships at the gym? I would make sure to play that up in interviews if you did, because it is sales experience. Also, mention computer skills, you will need that for POS systems in retail.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - good luck at the job fair.  The job market must be much tighter there, retail jobs here (other than the prime ones like lulu) find it hard to get semi intelligent applicants who are willing to work for retail wages.  Too bad you don't live here, I could get you a job selling wine with an awesome discount Smile

spike - the stampede ends on Sunday, 10 days total.  Glad the smoke was blowing away from you!  We occasionally get forest fire smoke, but not often.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- wildfire smoke is an every summer thing here. If we aren't having sagebrush fires, then we are getting smoke from Chelan and Okanogan fires that sweep down the canyons and then settle in here. I don't know if you remember but my Half in 2012 almost got cancelled because of smoke and I probably gave myself lung cancer training for it.

This is a smoke plume from a fire in the last couple years in the Wenatchee area about an hour away. It gets up high and then the wind sweeps it right over to us and it drops down because of converging winds and weather inversions.