Womens Running

Epiphany Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

Don't get too excited.  I have no new wisdom to share.  Today happens to be Epiphany, seems early this year.  Guess I have to take down the tree this weekend.  I like leaving it up past New Year's Eve since I never get it up early.    Plus this year, we finally have snow on the ground.  Seemed fake before (not tht the tree is real).

Damaris-sorry about the horrid run.  hope things improve for your Goofy race.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Monday I was able to run 60 minutes on the TM again. I would not do that length of time on the track though.

Today I will continue with the TM for a shorter time, then try some cardio DVD. We shall see how that goes.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

3 TM miles for me.  Survived Monday, thank goodness.  On to Tuesday...

Lisa -  nice to keep the Christmas spirit a little longer   Nice DM workout.   I am already over these frigid temps ha ha!

Judy - great TM run!

Camille - nice running, hope you had a good 4-5 miles yesterday

Sue - I need to work my way back up to 10 miles, it just needs to be outside, not on the TM lol

Ginny - nice WT!  I am grinning and bearing it too, I try and get through Jan/Feb...March seems more bearable even though it can be awful weather-wise.

Damaris - hope you are feeling better

Marjorie - hope you had a good rest day

Annie Susan - bet you are glad the colonscopy is over - wonderful that the results are good!

Carol - yeah that the job is going so well!

Office day today, so much work to do....better than driving all day, I suppose    DS basketball game tonight

Bikerchick1

Lisa - What, no new wisdom for us today?????

Damarias - Ugh on the bad run, hoping things improve!

LCruns - I agree - I'm done already with these frigid temps Sad

Judy - Nice TM workout.

Seems like all of our DM's are getting some time!

Carol

ginnyb

3 TM miles for me this morning.  Played with pace some and I was speedier.  The faster I go the sooner I can get off the d#&! Thing!

Really cold this morning but there was no wind, snow was falling.  If I were not so paranoid about falling, I think I would have run outside.  I know I would have a few years ago.

Lisa...I looked at the links you gave me for trails.....not too promising and they were all at least a 45 minute drive.  when the weather gets better I will look into it more.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

camille2

Good morning!  Well, the weather looked great and sounded good from the inside yesterday: very sunny and temp about 42. It was windy though and felt bitter!  I ended up renewing my gym membership and only did 2 mi. 

Ginny, that's my feeling on the TM myself.  It's a good workout for me,  because I just can't leave the settings alone. Unfortunately, I never last very long on them.

Lisa, I'm taking down my tree today.  We have celebrated the 12 days for years. I figure it's the Christmas season and before Christmas is the Advent season.  I'm happy to celebrate both!  I even give my DD and SIL enough little stocking stuffers to last until Epiphany.  I'll make apple cider (less calories than eggnog, our tradition), put on xmas music, and put things away.

Carol, I'm so glad you are enjoying your new job!

Hi, Judy, Laura, and everyone who follows.

I told Tina I'd see her at the gym today and will go around 2. The temp looks good again today so  hope I can run outside. The cold front is coming our way and they're predicting temps of 12 here on Thursday. Bad news!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

5.5 for me. Almost didn't run so better than nothing.

Lisa I guess with Christmas being so late in the week it seems it came faster

Annie Susan colonoscopy one of the necessary evils

Laura nice run

Camille have fun meeting up with your friend. I think the temps bottom out on Thursday. At least they do here.

Tessa for the marathon looks so far it should be 49s maybe 50s.

Ginny I avoid TMs at all cost so good for you sticking it out.

Marjorie

Good Morning!!

5 miles on the treadmill this morning.  Wasn't too bad.

Crazy foster dog caught a BIRD in my house last night.  I guess it was in a plant I brought in bc we are supposed to get a hard freeze.  I set the plant down and she was all in it.  Told her to leave it alone.  Just crawled into bed and I heard a thump....She was chasing a wren around the living room.  Poor thing crashed into a wall and fell to the floor where she quickly snatched it and it was dead.  Never a dull moment at my house!

Have a great day and stay warm!  I know if it is cold on the gulf coast y'all must be REALLY cold!

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies.  Spent all morning in court, so MIA.  I have 6 with 2 at MP; still coughing and the weather is as bad, so we'll see.

Lisa, hope you have a good epiphany.

Judy, nice TM workout.

LC Runs, nice run.

Carol, my TM is well used during my 6 months of Summer, so I can imagine you guys use it during your Winter.

Ginny, nice TM miles.

Camille, enjoy the gym.

Marjorie, nice run!

Sue, another good TM run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Still sick. Another rest day. Other than a two-hour conference call for one of my projects I've done nothing but sleep and mess around on the internet. Just hoping I'll be healthy for travel and racing Charleston - right now the thought of leaving the house is a bit daunting. But that's over a week away, surely I'll be better by then.

On the plus side, DH locked in a 3.5% 30 year loan for the new house today. I think when we refi'd here a few years ago we were excited to get 4.3.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, for a moment I thought you had had an epiphanyabout running, not that today is Epiphany (though it is, you're right).

Susan/crazysue, poor wren! Do you need to get all the plants inside?

Judy, not sure I would do 60 minutes on the track either, especially if they don't reverse the directions.

Damaris, sorry about the bad run, hope the next one is better.

Laura, hope DS's basketball game goes well.

Ginny, I would be scared of falling too.

Carol, TMs all around the country are being used this week!

Camille, 12 degrees? In GA? Wow.

Marjorie, thanks, that sounds like LS tech shirt and shorts weather.

Karen, feel better. Score on the loan!

3.2 again with RN this morning. She is tapering for Avalon on Saturday. Then 6.92 on the TM at lunch. Feeling better.

And DS is also happier. He signed up for a Spanish class during the winter intercession, went for the first session last night, hated it, came home frustrated and upset. We found an astronomy class that had openings. He signed up for that, went today, liked it much better. I need him in a class for this short period and am glad he likes this one!