Womens Running

Weekend Racing and Running (over40) (Read 15 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Off we go

Happy Birthday Carol

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

I was just getting on and figured I'd have to start the thread - good morning Marjorie!

Good luck and fun running to Gatsby in Toronto, Lisa running Detroit and GInny running Columbus this weekend! Did I miss anyone? It's a beautiful day for a marathon here, but I definitely made the right decision to skip Baltimore. I ran 3 last night and just felt a few weird aches and pains. I'll run 6 or so in a little bit, then Pilates at 1. Sleeping in was a very good thing!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have a run with hubby so anything between 4 and 10 tonight.  Feeling good although my breathing is lower than before Chicago (but recovering from the attack in Chicago).

Marjorie, morning.

Carol, happy birthday!

Lisa, good luck tomorrow!

Gatsby, good luck in Toronto!

Ginny, good luck tomorrow!

Karen, enjoy the 6 and Pilates.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Happy Birthday Carol! Have a GRAND day!

Marjorie-thanks for getting us going!

Karen-Thank you for the shout out!  Good choice!  I slept in today too.

Damaris-glad that the breathing is better!

Those of you with mad googling skills or knowledge of races... it seems really sad that with all of my travels to NY and IL I don't have either state for a marathon.  Anything (outside of the obvious NYCM and CM) that is relatively easy to get to in those locations?  I just haven't found them.  Saturday would be a preferred race day.  NY I wouldn't really be able to drive to a race but I could for Chicago. I have New Jersey and Wisconsin done.

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

There is a Lakefront Marathon in Chicago that you might want to do.  Not as big as Chicago.  Is Corning, NY far from you?  Wineglass is there.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Not sure if any of those are on a Saturday, though.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2 for me

isn't Champaign Il marathon on a Sat?  I don't remember what it is called. I will have to go look.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Fox Valley Marathon is supposed to be really good. It's in a suburb of Chicago. I'm sure there are other suburbs with marathons as well, but I haven't heard of them. Illinois Marathon would be about a 2-hour drive from Chicago. I enjoyed it, but I went to school there. It might be kind of boring if you didn't. Plus the roads are all concrete. And it can get windy. On the plus side, it's as flat as any you'll find.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Fox Valley would be a good one for next fall. 45 minutes west of downtown Chicago.

NY has me in midtown Manhattan. I did happen across the Madhattan. Check it out! Sort of a Fat Ass style event.  Not a race.

Lisa

camille2

I'm visiting DD in NC.

Just cking in to say good luck to gatsby, Lisa  and Ginny!

happy bd, carol!

hi to everyone else!

camille2

Is Shadow's race this weekend?

Arimathea

Tessa

Happy birthday Carol!

Lisa, try the Maniacs calendar, they have races listed that aren't on marathonguide.com.

And let me know when you want to do CA.

Karen, good decision.

Luck to racers!

18 with RD today. Yowza.

Good luck to all the racers!  Have fun!

Supposedly you can track me.  #364 http://www.freepmarathon.com/archives/track-runner-2014

But I think you have to download some app.  I'll post to FB when done.  Funny looking at what came up on their site.  NY Half in March at 2:21; NJ Full in May at 5:38.  Oh what a difference a torn meniscus made in between those two.

Going for Finish Happy today as goal with A goal of beating 4:59 PR from first full but since there will be many more fulls if I don't do it this time there's always another, right?  

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

13.2. Nice run today. Really good weather. Was funny seeing some people out in long sleeves and here I was in shorts and a sports bra. It was 60 when I left!  I think they thought I was the crazy one.  I was really comfortable.

Hope Lisa and Gatsby did well!

Marjorie