Womens Running

Tis the season weekend (over 40) (Read 21 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

And post

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Will be here before we know it.

Did 9.1. Now puppy pool errands and wrapping etc.

Marjorie

Greetings!  Tis certainly the season for eating too much, as I have a 2nd Thanksgiving tonight following another big meal with friends last night following the actual Thanksgiving on Thursday,  Uurp.  Running 8 today with DH and RC but that will only make a small dent in the calories.  Oh well.  Entering final taper week for CIM so feeling a bit stir crazy.

Marjorie, nice pics yesterday of your Christmas decorations.  We put up our Christmas lights yesterday and that's about all we'll do outside.

Hello to everyone.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Bikerchick1

Marjorie - Nice 9.1!  Enjoy your puppy pool and wrapping Smile

Gatsby - Tis the season for overeating!  Luckily only one big t-day meal for me to have to work off!

Had a great 10 miler with RB yesterday...could not get warm afterward tho....brrrrr.

Just got back from taking DH to airport - his Dad had 80% of colon removed last week because of bleeding, he is 81.  I have been trying to talk him into going (Florida) since then, but his Mom kept telling him to wait until she needed him to help her with him at home.  Well, SIL called at 7am and said he needed to come down, his Dad was trying to pull out IV's, get out of bed, etc., and he is calling MIL, all hours of the night, and she has to go there.  Feel bad for DH, he and his Dad have not been very close, he is a very critical, demanding, self centered man....so lots of "baggage" for DH to deal with.....

Carol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Puppy pool done, gifts that need mailed done.  Dh is taking them to the UPS place.  Getting my hair colored now. Then a few errands. Lights are out. I haven put them on the bushes yet. Probably tomorrow.

Carol it was cold here this am with feels like in the 20s but it is in the 60s now. 20s is cold for here

Gatsby wow that many thanksgiving meals?  I couldn't do it.

Marjorie

Hi all,

Nothing much new here... still grading (will be for a while as design reports are not easy to grade).  Still eating turkey.  Just DS, DH, and I and even with a 12 lb turkey it is going to take a while.  Turkey and gravy etc. last night. Turkey pot pie tonight.  We'll see after this.

7.4 miles today  - some of it on trails.  I'm always a bit antsy running alone on trails and did get a bit shocked when another came up running behind me.   But otherwise a nice run - had to do a bit of maneuvering around fallen trees and icy sections of the trail (in some of the wetland areas).  Was icy this morning so I decided to skip the informal run with the local running club.  Then waited until the temperature rose above 32 and the ice was melted (well most of it).   So far just over 114 miles for this month Smile

Marjorie, really nice Christmas decorations.  Thanks for sharing.  You're right - Christmas will be here before we know it! 

Gatsby, nice job on the 8 miles - even without lots of extra Thanksgiving dinners, its hard not to overindulge.  But then again, the season only comes once a year.  Enjoy!

Carol, sorry to hear about your FIL.  Safe travels to your DH and hope all goes well.  Not easy dealing with parents when they are like your FIL in the best of times... really challenging in times like this.

Well back to grading.

camille2

lisa, that's too funny about the pies.  I would have been sorry that it was dessert that was messed up instead of veggies. I'm glad you're not having sharp pain.

marjorie, the pics look great! It's chilly here in NC in a. M, but sunny in afternoon.

susan, like you, I'm always a bit Leary of running trails alone unless they are popular ones. Nice miles.

gatsby, it sounds like you're having a lot of fun to go along with the calories.  We're eating the other half of our tradition tonight-ham with biscuits.

Laura, I'll bet you are having a super busy weekend.  Just one child's holiday activity's kept me running, not counting all the shopping and food for holidays.  I hope you're enjoying it!

Demaris, is your team still in the miles game?

Carol, I am sorry to hear about your FIL.  I hope he's able to help his mom.

I did 2.5 yesterday and a couple today. I'm taking it easy. My team is still in RW game and I need to contribute a few next week.  I'll head toward home tomorrow.

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies! We are in Cocoa getting ready to go out to dinner before my race tomorrow. Hope you had a great thanksgiving!

Be back tomorrow!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Camille, my team got eliminated a long time ago. We made it to the first round of the playoffs and ZooRunnera beat us into a pulp.  Lol

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Sunday already!  Will do around 6 miles this morning followed by laundry and other chores.  Maybe start on some Christmas cards.  I've pared down my list and tend to be more "defensive" (i.e. sending one after I've received one), but a few family cards must go out regardless.

Carol, sorry to hear about your FIL's health woes and other issues.  Hope the trip goes okay for your DH.

Marjorie, fortunately the thanksgiving meals are done.  I feel like I should fast today.

RunnersMom, good luck with the grading.  And finishing the turkey.

Camille, what is the RW game?

Damaris, hope you're having fun at your marathon today.

Waves to everyone else.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

LC Runs

Happy Thanksgiving weekend!  I have thoroughly enjoyed getting extra sleep

4 snowy miles yesterday, 5.5 muddy miles today!  Day 93 or running streak complete.

Hi Marjorie - great 9.1 miles, I have not run more than 8 in a long time..my plan is to work back up to double digits in late winter.  I am kind of enjoying the no pressure, no training plan thing right now '

Gatsby - I plan on getting inside decorations up today.  I've asked BF to put some outside lights on since the weather is decent, we'll see.  I think we have to find them first lol

Carol - great 10 miler.  Sending positive thoughts to your DH and family

Susan - great monthly mileage.  I need to do more trail running, I really enjoy it even though I am a klutz

Hi Camille!  Weekend wasn't too bad, the kids went to their Dad's for Thanksgiving afternoon while BF and I met his family for dinner at a restaurant.  My oldest son did have a scrimmage basketball game out of town Friday morning which was kind of a pain, but  it ended up being fun.

Damaris - good luck today!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

11.2 done. Lights outside up.  I got solar lights this year. Put the solar charger out around 8 so they'd charge up. I have extra lights so once they turn on I can fill in where needed.  Got to decorate a bush I never decorated before as it is on the other side of the garage door and no outlet over there. Kinda excited on that. Started putting my indoor decoration ideas together. Ornaments on candle sticks. Very pretty. I will put those on the mantle. Have my table center piece started too

Gatsby just think of the meals as being well fueled for your run

the weather is crazy. Yesterday was running pants long sleeve tech and gloves. Today I had on thin capris and short sleeve shirt bi actually could have gotten away with shorts and sports bra. I got fairly hot the last 3 miles. Dh and I are now sitting on the back porch with the pups enjoying the warm temps.

Laura no plan running is great. I've enjoyed it this year

Hope Damaris did well with Space coast marathon

Marjorie

We headed up north to step son and family's house on Friday after shopping and are now heading back home.  Feeling like a slug with no exercising since that run on Wednesday.  Will be back at it tomorrow morning and consider this as good recovery from the 25 miles.  No soreness so feeling pretty confident about the 50k on the 20th.  Assuming that I haven't forgotten how to run. LOL.  Tomorrow is DD's bday so we're stopping off at her fav restaurant on the way heading home today.

Was snow up north but mild today and here in Detroit it appears to be 60!  goofy.

Lisa

Arimathea

Tessa

It certainly is the season. Plenty of lights up in our neighbourhood. "O Come, O Come, Emmanuel" as the processional hymn this morning. I have the creche up in the living room. Whee!

Hosted some of DH's family yesterday. It has been a long time since we saw them here. 25 lb turkey and all the sides, plenty of food and there were enough leftovers for everyone to take food home.

Carol, sorry DH has to go to FL for that reason. Dealing with an invalid is bad enough. Dealing with a patient who is anything but patient, one who you don't particularly like (even though he is a relative) is very difficult. Sympathy for your DH.

Marjorie, fun to be able to decorate where you couldn't before. Is there enough sun for the solar decorations to charge so that they will be lit all night?

Did manage a run every day this weekend, though today's wasn't great. I did 5.5. On the straightaway in the second half I put in some intervals and was blasting it for 2 lamp posts, then recovery jog for one lamp post, repeat. I was feeling badass.

Then I realized my ass was sending me a message -- and the news was bad. The rest of the run was not so enjoyable. Stupid gas station with the locked bathrooms. *angry face*

Hello Gatsby, Susan, Camille, Damaris, Lisa, Laura, and anyone who pops in this evening!

Hi again,

Didn't finish my grading but I did get it half done.. 14 reports, 7 done.  Tomorrow is another day.  Just too tired to read any more.  Blame it on the turkey and the tryptophan (actually myth isn't true - so no clue why I'm tired.

152 floors (3.25 miles) on stairmaster this am, then 1.0 mile on TM to make sure that I got in my 120 miles for November challenge.  Actually did another 2.8 mile walk with DH this evening so 123.5 miles.  Going to try to beat that for December.  We shall see.

No decorating yet.  We never decorated until after my brother's birthday (Dec. 19th) so I will wait.. well at least until after classes are over and grades are in. 

Lisa, about the pies... my grandmother did the same thing (many years ago) with pumpkin pie.... upside down uncooked pumpkin pie does not go over well.  Ah, memories.  Smile  Thankfully we still had my grandfather's ginormous apple pie(s).

Camille, Nice job on the runs!  So what's the RW game?

Damaris, saw on FB that the marathon went really well (I'll let you give details).  But great job and congratulations. Glad the problems with asthma have been solved.

Gatsby, nice job on the running.  Hope you got your cards written. I'm bad.... its been ages since I've sent out cards.  Sad   Well since my aunt and uncle passed away - they were the only ones I communicated with my snail mail - everyone else seems to be on FB or email.

LCRuns, 93 day streak!  Wow, that is awesome!  I was going to try the same... I seem to get up to about 17-18 days and something happens - I miss a few days, and back to square one. Sad   Extra sleep has been wonderful... I'm looking forward to when classes are over and grades are in!!!

Marjorie, Now I am really feeling like Scrooge... no lights, no decorations, no cards.  I did bring homemade pumpkin muffins for my class on Wednesday!  I am so impressed by all your decorating!   Weather has been crazy here too - I could have run outside earlier in shorts and a shirt.  Would have frozen two days ago if I tried that (or tomorrow).

Lisa, you are going to do awesome on the 20th!!! 

Tessa, yes, lots of decorations around here too.  Sorry about the run...

Well take care all!