Womens Running

Frozen Monday - Preggos (Read 28 times)

TNesq

Laura - we've considered a mini van, but we own a boat and need a vehicle with towing ability - I currently drive our SUV, but it's a small 5-passenger.  We'll probably upgrade eventually to a suburban or something of that sort.  So sorry to hear of the baby loss in your congregation as well as your own loss.  I hope you're feeling better soon - it seems like you got hit with a lot at once.

Ozzy - wahoo for negative results! Now I'm patiently waiting for more news from you as well... Smile

Vegan - my m/s resurged a little at 14 weeks too, which was irritating.  Enjoy the sewing - that's something I definitely wish I had some skill for.

Schmett - (and everyone else!) it seems I have posted false information on the internets - please forgive me.  After your post, I did some more digging on the car seat touching the front seat issue  (I cannot recall the original source of my information) - and it's only maybe an issue if it is touching a front seat with a passenger airbag sensor, or if the car seat manual says it shouldn't touch.  Here is the info from car-seat-safety.org (probably a more reputable source than where I read it originally) Smile I'm glad I did find this - maybe we CAN put off our vehicle purchase for a while...

Q48: My rear-facing carseat is touching the back of the seat in front of it?  Is that OK?

Please consult the owner's manual of your carseat.  For most carseats, this is not a problem and may actually improve safety.  You should also check your vehicle manual to confirm that it allows a rear-facing car seat to touch the back of the seat in front of it; this may interfere with the "smart" air bag sensors in some newer vehicles.  Best practice from the NHTSA training manual states, "A rear-facing seat can be installed so it rests against the back of the vehicle seat ahead if not counter to manufacturers instructions....If the gap is small or the child is on the heavy side, it is much better to be already touching any forward structure prior to a crash than to hit it during the crash. Resting against a forward seat back is only one way to achieve these benefits."

CanadaJazz

I'm totally stalking to see if YJPM and Ozzy are having their babies soon!!

and the title is fitting, it is -40 here today!!! frostbite warning if you're out for more than ten mins.. needless to say I have lots of time to try and get little Zeb to latch.. I stuck him in the tub with me this AM and he did.. I heard that helps.. but not interested in taking a bath every time he has to eat!  I'm aiming for one latch a day, so feeling pretty good!

schmetterling

Thanks for the updated info TN! That's good to know. We have older cars, but if we ever struck the big time and got a brand new vehicle that's good to know about the air bag and sensors and bells and whistles. Smile

Canada - How's skin to skin going? Does that help? -40, I can't even imagine. The tips of my fingers were cold just from being outside a few minutes, I can't imagine frostbite.

monk717

Good afternoon! Figured I'd stop in for a late post.

ER: Nothing all weekend, probably nothing today other than working on packing up stuff to take to Goodwill.

PGE: 34w3d. We had a great and relaxing babymoon Saturday night. Had a nice night out on the town date, slept in a super comfy fancy hotel bed (though that wasn't all comfy... it was so cushy I had a hard time geting myself out!), then lounged in the hotel taking our time checking out in the morning. It was nice to not wake up to a chorus of "mama dada" on the baby monitor and not watch My Little Pony all morning (which we've been watching all day today so far!). Then we went to Babies R Us to pick up some things. I really wanted to get a car seat, but they didn't have any car seats in the store that we liked for a good price. The web site made it seem like there was more in store. We finally decided to use my sister's infant seat (winnie the pooh, so not as girly as the brown and pink flower pattern we had for A). So we won't spend the money on that. So we have all the major stuff we need, but I need to work on getting out other baby stuff and figure out what we can reuse and what else we want to replace. The major thing I do still want to get and that I don't feel so bad about spending some money on since we're not getting a car seat is some type or carrier/wrap like the Moby and that, but I need to do some research to decide what kind. I didn't really use one with A but I can see using one a lot more with P. The thing we got yesterday that I was really excited about is two new diaper bags, a smaller one for A and a new one for P. Both are much more sturdy than the one we have for A right now. Eddie Bauer, I was surprised at the decent prices I found and I know both will last longer. Anyway, after that we had lunch and then I went down to my parents house to take something to them and meet my sister to pick up A. Ended up staying there pretty late but it was nice hanging out with them for a little while.

Anyway... still havng some constipation, but things seem like they're moving a bit better. The doctor told me I can take miralax every day for as long as I need it. I drank a bunch of coke and coffee over the weekend, so I was peeing a ton yesterday including getting up four times Saturday night into Sunday. At least the bed was comfy and I didn't stay up! Anyway, had breakfast with a friend who's pregnant too six weeks behind me who I haven't seen in a super long time, so that was nice to catch up. This afternoon I"ll get A down or a nap in a little bit and then get to work on organizing for goodwill.

NPGR: Ummm, I think I covered it all in PGR... this was supposed to be a short quick post! Its been nice having the babymoon on a long weekend but not taking it the whole weekend so we could have some relaxation but also get something done too. Gotta get going, have a good day everyone!

schmetterling

Monk - Sounds like you had a good weekend! Really quick on the carrier, I suggest a) seeing if there's a local babywearing group or baby store that would let you try different carriers on or if that's not possible b) looking into a ring sling or soft structured carrier like an Ergo or Boba where you'll be able to get longer life than just the Moby. The Moby is great when they're itty bitties but there's also a challenging learning curve that can be overcome with an experienced babywearing friend or Youtube vids, but if you're going to spend the money get a carrier that can hold up to toddler sizes if you end up babywearing that long. Check out sleepingbabyproductions for ring slings, and Ergos and such are usually available on Babysteals every now and again, if I see a deal go by I'll tag you on FB.

tayraes

I'm with Canada.. I'm stalking to see if YJPM and Ozzy have had their babies!

D has been awesome so far. Couldn't ask for a more calm and easy going baby. had this weekend where I think I ate something that upset him stomach and he was an unhappy camper all day Saturday. We took Sunday and stayed home all day to relax and recoop from the upset stomach on Saturday.

Canada- Happy to hear LO finally latched.. Yay!!

Ozzy- Thats awesome that you got the results you were hoping for now all you need is for the baby to come! Your handling the last part of your pregnancy WAY better than I did! I was so over being pregnant by the time I was where you are.

TN- I have a Ford Edge and when I put the carseat handle back it touches the seat in front and its completely fine. Having twins and DSD I would probably look into also getting a larger SUV, however I've heard some people say with the double stroller that the mini-van was much easier to get things in and out of and the people were more SUV fans until they had a third child.

Monk- Happy to hear you had a nice little babymoon!

youjustpassedme

My LO is  here! Right on her due date

So, birth story ...

woke up at 4:30 am and whoops, there goes the mucus plug and bloody show. Contractions started literally minutes later. Emailed the doula, let DH sleep and had contractions every 10-15 minutes. Then back labour began, meaning I had continued pain even after the contraction. No fair.

by the time the doula arrived, contractions were every 6 minutes and quickly progressed to every 3 minutes Within an hour. Then 2 minutes. Then I told DH to hurry and get the car ready. Drove to the hospital facing backwards in the backseat. Arrived and decided the epidural was for me. This back labour too too much. I got assessed by a doctor and was 8cm dilated! I still wanted the epidural because I was miserable.

I already started feeling the need the bare down by the time I saw the anestheologist. Once it kicked in, I was thrilled and excited... And not as overly tired. By the time I left triage, I was fully dilated and ready to go. At some point, LO's heartbrate had dropped so they wanted to deliver right away. Cue the panic attack when dozens of people arrive at my bed . Half hour of pushing and a second degree tear later, Veronica arrived. She's quiet and little. She's getting used to breast feeding and I can see why some women at this hospital may feel like failures because their baby isn't latching on. Some of the nurses here have been talking to me like I'm not trying /i should feel guilty because the LO lasts about a minute on the boob before getting frustrated. I'm too old to fall for that. This can take time, and if we have to supplement at first, that's fine by me. Not ideal, but that might be how it goes.

As for the tear, it's not bad.  I heart my peri bottle and going #2 isn't terrifying.

I've had about 4 hours of sleep in the last 24 hours.  So tired but excited!

Will post personals later!

vegefrog

Congrats YJPM!!!!

Hi! My name is Virginia

I'm newly pregnant Smile Just found out 2 weeks ago. Glad to have found you guys.

Trying to figure out the abbreviations, do I have this right: RR is race reports, ER is exercise reports, PGR is preggers report and NPGR is non-preggers related??

RR: I'm early in my pregnancy and have no signs/symptoms really so my running hasn't changed all that much. Except for the fact that I was going to try and Qualify for Boston at my marathon in New Orleans the end of Feb...That won't be happening and I've switched races to doing only the half. I know women DO marathons while pregnant, but I don't see the point. If I run another marathon it will be to improve my time and I don't see that happening when I'm 14 wks pregnant. I ran a 5K this weekend and won first in my age group and was only 20 seconds off my PR, so that was fun Smile

I have a race a weekend planned through my first trimester, LOL. Getting them all out of the way now!

ER: Trying to keep up with my yoga, some of the moves might not be comfortable soon. Do any of you do yoga? If so how do you accommodate for the poses that require you to lay on your belly?

PGR:  9wks. No symptoms really besides being a little tired some evenings. Main problem is letting myself eat for 2 when I know that is WRONG. I need to get a grip. I have a big sweet tooth and I know it's not good for me or the baby to eat sugar every day. Previously I was eating for marathon training and hovering around 1500 calories a day (I'm only 5'0) and 105 lbs. I have shot up to 116 since my marathon Dec 8th due to just eating dessert every night and allowing myself too many white carbs. How do you guys handle cravings??

runswithrocky

vege - even though the baby is small right now, your body is doing a ton of working in building additional blood volume, the placenta, and all the other stuff as the ground work for supporting the pregnancy - so your food cravings while not logically proportionate to the size of your baby may be justified as you are doing lots of work right now that is important, long term, for your pregnancy.  You'll know what is too much and what is listening to your body's cues.  I woke up hungry and had to eat in the middle of the night for most of the 1st tri with my first (currently 25 weeks with #2) and still gained an appropriate amount of weight, not too much.  Basically, have dessert and don't sweat it.  Of course, also eat a balanced diet!  and the food cravings/hunger come and go.  I was crazy hungry for 7-10 days at a time and then would have a few weeks of "normal."  You may be in a hungry phase right now and you'll even out in a few weeks.

schmetterling

Congrats YJPM and welcome to Veronica! Hope your breastfeeding journey gets smoother from here on out, but if you need support don't hesitate to ask here. Enjoy your babymoon. Smile

Welcome to Vegefrog. You have the abbreviations figured out, though I always thought RR was running related. I just so happen to have a race to report this weekend! (haha, not going to happen again til postpartum for me I think). I didn't have to modify any stomach poses, though everyone is different, until I started getting into the 2nd tri.

Ozzyoi

YJPM - Congratulations!!! So pleased to hear Veronica arrived - and relatively quickly too! Great birth run-down. Disappointing to hear what the nurses are like, glad you can rise above it Smile Are you on the FB page to post pics? Very excited for you...I guess that makes me up next (hint, hint LO are you listening???)!

vegefrog - Hi and congratulations!! great running! i found i could get away with exercises on my belly til around 16 weeks? If you are doing yoga with an instructor they should be able to find some modified poses for you? As far as weight gain/cravings, your body will gain weight as it needs despite your very best perfect eating habits...so a few indulgences here and there won't hurt (I don't think). I have a sweet tooth too but found it didn't really affect my weight gain - I LOST weight the first tri only to very steadily gain from 17 weeks, my diet really has not changed much from pre-preggo exercising person (and my exercise habits haven't changed too much either) but I am not far off a total weight gain of 25-30lbs (will find out Wednesday, i am avoiding the scales!). Others gain from the get-go then slow-down a bit. 1500 calories does not seem like very much though with a small build it is possible you may naturally gain more weight for baby regardless? I imagine your weight gain so far is unlikely just due to the desserts... Smile  So enjoy!

sashannadelina

Hey Ladies! It's been forever! My job has kept me busy during the times when everyone posts, so that's why I've been absent. Anyway, a quick update and then I'll try to get through personals. I have been following a bit. At least checked in on friday to make sure no one had any babies prior to the weekend.

ER: Long hike yesterday. Rest day today. Planning on the PPW video tomorrow.

PGR:32w3d.  DH and I had our first hypnobirthing class on Saturday. It was really great! I'm so encouraged after our first session (7 hours). We have a second session this coming Sunday and I'm super glad that I paid the money for these classes. I'm always skeptical of things that promise miracles ( ie. serious reduction in birthing pain) but I'm determined to keep a positive attitude and believe that I can have a better birth that I'd expected. Both DH and I went from being seriously terrified of what birth would be like, to feeling like we could handle it. It's encouraging.

PGR2: I'm not sure whether to be thrilled or concerned over that fact that I haven't gained any weight in 3 weeks... I'm glad I have an appointment tomorrow so I can talk to the midwife and get her take on things. The baby has certainly gotten larger, so maybe I've gotten smaller? I don't feel like I've changed anything about my eating, so I don't know what's up.

NPGR: Just finished making cookies (should help me put some weight on. HA!) and I'm about to do some sauteed zucchini and squash to take to a friend's house, where DH and I are having dinner tonight. I've done some cooking in the last couple days (including homemade roasted garlic oatmeal bread YUM) and it's making me feel much more productive than I have in a while.

sashannadelina

Sorry ladies, I don't have time for a full set of personals, but quickly...

YJPM: SO excited for your and your new precious baby girl! Congrats on the quick labor. I've heard that babies whose moms' get epis often take a little longer to get the hang of breastfeeding (if the dr told you it wouldn't affect her, well... he was lying...). But hang in there because she will totally pick it up soon. Actually, the same is true of babies whose mothers have super long labors. Usually takes the baby a bit to recover. Ignore those stupid nurses! You'll do great!

Ozzy: Yay for a negative test result. You're reminding me that I keep forgetting to take those expensive supplements I bought... oops...

TNesq

Late post for me - procrastinating a bit before I finish up here at work.

CJ - Brr! It's -7 here today, but -45 with windchill, and I'm still looking forward to my oreo/ice cream combo. Glad the tub worked for the latch!

schmett - I did further internets research, and all the car seat/touching the back of the seat info is so conflicting - many people claim their seat manufacturer says the seat can't touch. Ugh. I've been thinking that maybe we can get by though, because I won't need to transport a passenger to work with me, so I can move the passenger seat up? Or we could just do without the bases - while not as convenienet, that would certainly take less room.

monk - Glad you had such a good babymoon! My unsolicited, and completely unsupported thoughts on a baby carrier -  I've registered for both the baby k'tan and the ergo, can't decide if we'll attempt to get a twin carrier or not - they seem to be pretty spendy and very short-lived because the weight adds up quickly!

tay - thanks for popping in - glad everything is going well with D! I think we're leaning toward the SUV because DSD can easily hop to the third row, and we'd still have room for our drooly dog in the way back if we get a suburban or XL - plus they accommodate DH's tall, football-player build.

yjpm - CONGRATS on the arrival of Veronica! You seem like you are very calm and laid back - I can only hope things go that well!

vege - welcome! My weight gain advice is not entirely typical since I'm carrying twins, but even though they tell you to gain a certain range of weight, it's not linear when you actually gain it. I gained 3 lbs in the first tri, then jumped up 5 lbs in a week. I recently jumped 4 lbs in a week again. The past two weeks, I have lost 2 lbs. Eat when you're hungry, but you can also eat smaller meals.  I ate constantly in the first tri because of m/s, but ate fairly healthy because greek yogurt and apples were easiest with my m/s. I haven't had too many cravings, except green olives in the first tri, which I indulged, but limited to one or two jumbo olives a meal.  I've just now been hit hard by an ice cream craving, and I've been indulging it- maybe it's my body trying to make up that lost 2 lbs? I still try to have small portions, even if I indulge the craving itself.

sasha - Glad that hypnobirthing is going well.  I think it's a great theory - no one in our area teaches it.  Like I said above, I lost 2 lbs in the past 2 weeks (and weeks 20-24 are supposed to be "critical" weight gain time with twinkies) so I'm interested to hear what the dr. has to say.  I'm still within a few lbs of the recommended guidelines, so I'm not too concerned.

TNesq

Late post for me - procrastinating a bit before I finish up here at work.

CJ - Brr! It's -7 here today, but -45 with windchill, and I'm still looking forward to my oreo/ice cream combo. Glad the tub worked for the latch!

schmett - I did further internets research, and all the car seat/touching the back of the seat info is so conflicting - many people claim their seat manufacturer says the seat can't touch. Ugh. I've been thinking that maybe we can get by though, because I won't need to transport a passenger to work with me, so I can move the passenger seat up? Or we could just do without the bases - while not as convenienet, that would certainly take less room.

monk - Glad you had such a good babymoon! My unsolicited, and completely unsupported thoughts on a baby carrier -  I've registered for both the baby k'tan and the ergo, can't decide if we'll attempt to get a twin carrier or not - they seem to be pretty spendy and very short-lived because the weight adds up quickly!

tay - thanks for popping in - glad everything is going well with D! I think we're leaning toward the SUV because DSD can easily hop to the third row, and we'd still have room for our drooly dog in the way back if we get a suburban or XL - plus they accommodate DH's tall, football-player build.

yjpm - CONGRATS on the arrival of Veronica! You seem like you are very calm and laid back - I can only hope things go that well!

vege - welcome! My weight gain advice is not entirely typical since I'm carrying twins, but even though they tell you to gain a certain range of weight, it's not linear when you actually gain it. I gained 3 lbs in the first tri, then jumped up 5 lbs in a week. I recently jumped 4 lbs in a week again. The past two weeks, I have lost 2 lbs. Eat when you're hungry, but you can also eat smaller meals.  I ate constantly in the first tri because of m/s, but ate fairly healthy because greek yogurt and apples were easiest with my m/s. I haven't had too many cravings, except green olives in the first tri, which I indulged, but limited to one or two jumbo olives a meal.  I've just now been hit hard by an ice cream craving, and I've been indulging it- maybe it's my body trying to make up that lost 2 lbs? I still try to have small portions, even if I indulge the craving itself.

sasha - Glad that hypnobirthing is going well.  I think it's a great theory - no one in our area teaches it.  Like I said above, I lost 2 lbs in the past 2 weeks (and weeks 20-24 are supposed to be "critical" weight gain time with twinkies) so I'm interested to hear what the dr. has to say.  I'm still within a few lbs of the recommended guidelines, so I'm not too concerned.