Womens Running

Winter Wednesday DIVAs (Read 184 times)

EMGunner

quick de-lurk for Sassy. 

Definitely cash. I pretty much always go with cash. People have extra expense's at the holidays and they always appreciate a little extra wiggle room in terms of liquid capital to do as they please. Just my .02 

Hope everyone is doing well. 

On the Docket: R&R Philly Half 9/16 | ING NYC Marathon 11/3 | R&R San Antonio Marathon 11/17  

monk717

Morning!

RR: Well, my run tonight or tomorrow will likely be my last! I'll probably use the hotel TM tomorrow morning to give myself a full day of rest. My pelvis was so sore all day yesterday and in bed last night. This is how I felt after the half marathon 10 weeks ago, then after runing 7.5 six weeks ago... now after 2.5! Sassy asked about SPD, its symphysis pubis disfunction (not sure I spelled that right), basically a separation of the pubic bone because of the loosening ligaments. I've had it off and on for awhile (I think it started around 16 or 18 weeks) and its definitely getting worse. My doctor told me its not a super serious condition and I could keep running as long as I was comfortable, it should go away after giving birth. Its more common in second and subsequent pregnancies, probably one of those things that happens since everything is already stretched out.

NRR: Well, there's a blizzard warning here for tomorrow now. DH is picking A up from daycare at 1, me from work at 1:30 and we're getting straight on the road. I'm done with preparations for the trip, but DH will have a busy morning! The snow is supposed to start this evening I think around rush hour and the worst is supposed to be tomorrow afternoon. So we should be long gone before anything happens. We're spending the night in Bloomington, IL, which as far as I can tell is far enough south that our travel for the rest of the trip tomorrow shouldn't be affected. I'm glad we have the flexibility to leave early because I doubt we'd be able to leave until Saturday if not. This is going to be a worse storm than this area's seen in a few years at least. And the weather reports are already mentioning a possible storm Christmas Eve/Day, when we're supposed to be coming home! Other than that, not much going on. There was a little dusting of snow last night that made traffic unbearable so we were pretty late to the daycare Christmas party, but we didn't miss much. A really enjoyed packing her suitcase last night, she was so cute picking out her clothes... the most important things to pack for her were dresses and socks!

monk717

sassy: The last few years we've given our daycare a giftcard for a restaurant. I'd agree with cash as well.

Klmcdona

Morning Ladies!

Jewel- yay for finding your spring marathon! sounds like it will make for a fun trip too! Good luck with your christmas cards.

Sassy- I am also a big fan of 5 with 3 at tempo... glad to hear that Birdie enjoyed her run

PO- sorry about the stress with your thyroid. I hope you get some answers soon and can be finished with it! thinking of you

MA- I guess you really needed some rest if you fell asleep in your clothes and didn't even realize it! ha ... baby must be growing

Taylor - have fun with either your run or your rest.. whatever you decide!

Lizo- I am right there with you counting the days until the holidays/vacation! Hope you get out of work at 6:30 today!

Mel- yay for getting your residency papers! exciting stuff... hope your ipad is okay

GSD- enjoy your 6 or 7. i saw your post on fb today and I am right there with you enjoying running in the winter. I will take it anyday over the summer... except for the fact that it stays dark so late in the morning and gets dark so early at night!

Nai- glad to hear you enjoyed your tempo run. They are the runs that I hate when I see I have to do them, but love them once I am done!

Klmcdona

Page 2....

Emg- HI!

Monk- sorry to hear that your running days are numbered, but it is good that you are listening to your body. no need to have extra aches and pains!

RR- uggg...our friends who are visiting are cramping my running style, but I figure that I should jsut go with it since I have no idea when we will see them next. The problem is that we are out later than I like at night which makes getting up early impossible for me! I WILL do it tomorrow!!

NRR- we had a great time at the basketball game last night...it literally came down to the very last second which kept it exciting especially since we are not huge basketball fans but went more to see a game. Tonight we are going to my favorite Greek restaurant that makes an amazing humus, greek salad and fish... I am already hungry just thinking about it!

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: Nothing. I got up then got back into bed. Wasn't feeling it. I don't want to completely backslide just because I hit my goal but I'm tired from working a lot and it's still not over. I did get to ST last night.

NRR: Like I said, still working. I know I'll appreciate it when I get paid but I want the time right now more than anything.   

Running super late, hope to check back in later...

lizo_77

sassy: on the snow front, blech. I had to get home from work and shovel for 30 minutes to clear up the snow... sigh. I guess it was a good workout! Smile

mel: hope the paperwork goes fast! I hope your Ipad is fine! I'd be super upset too if you had to replace.

gsd: hmmmm... wonder if they (the dogs) can feel something in the atmosphere?! Smile haha. good luck with them. hope M's teeth cut in faster! poor kid.

Nai: haha! love glee too. though I take it in little doses....

NorCal

Morning ladies! 

Sassy- OMG, those pics of G on FB are adorable. he is just the cutest!! 

Jewel- Enjoy your tempo run- I have to start those when I start marathon training. 

Nai- Wow, 16!! That's crazy! What are the birthday plans? 

EMG- How's the clean eating going? That Greek place sounds delish! 

OWR- Probably a good idea to get some more rest today so you're not burning out. 

PO- I'm so sorry about the headache. ((hugs)) 

GSD- Enjoy your run today! Smile 

Monk- Yikes, be careful driving in that winter weather! 

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

NorCal

RR. Had a good 7 miler last night, but I totally took a fall! I tripped on some uneven sidewalk and went flying and somehow landed in the dirt instead of pavement. Banged up my knee, hip and wrist a little, but nothing too serious, thank goodness! Today is rest day, hopefully fitting in some core/upper body. 

Marathon training starts MONDAY!!! Big grin 

NRR. Just working at home this morning, then going to work this afternoon.

Trying to think of a Christmas present for my bosses... one said they were getting me Lululemon running tights, so now I feel obligated to get them something! I was thinking a nice fruit/nut basket for their whole family, or is that too cheesy? 

PRs: 

outwestrunner

Girls, I am SO frustrated right now.. and I know part of it is because I haven't been exercising as much, so there's that whole tension thing in the background... but I swear... I have been busting my @ss on this project, and so has one of my coworkers.. we're in the final stretch, need it to the editors tomorrow so the client can have it by Friday, and I just found some mistakes in the work the PROJECT MANAGER did.  This is really basic stuff, like what state the sites are located in. So now I suspect the rest of the work..and this is all really basic monitoring stuff, - which sites were we supposed to go to, which sites did we get to, which ones did we combine, which ones got move,d etc etc etc... because if you're sending a bunch of people out all over the countryside, you should keep track of that stuff.  SIGH  Yes I am getting paid for all of my time but I am tired of working. It's been basically non-stop since the beginning of September. I love my job  I really do, I love the challenge of a lot of it, I'm learning new things, expanding my skill set, etc., but when I have to deal with dingbat stuff like this, it's REALLY frustrating.    and don't even get me started on the other deliverable I have.. they fired my field partner from the project all together because he messed up something awful, and I'm left trying to patch together the pieces. UGH

Sometimes I wish I didnt' care so much about doing a good job. 

lizo_77

I'm so so ready for this week to be over. I'm feeling tired, I'm looking forward to the holiday so of course I can't focus....argh!

SassySparky

GSD - glad M had a great birthday! I think it's so interesting how kids develop differently.  For instance, G is hitting all of his physical milestones early (rolling over at 3 months, crawling at 7, pulling up, cruising) but he hasn't really started repeating sounds we make or responding to our sign language.  All kids end up at the same place eventually though!  I have to say, I love BLW.  G is doing so well with it and our meals are absolutely so much fun. He loves so many foods, it's adorable. His day care teacher is astonished.

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

gsdrunner

EMG: OMG, I have been thinking of you! I hope all is going well. I want to send you a greeting card... can you send me your info. M is all over the card Smile  Miss you! xoxo

gsdrunner

GSD - glad M had a great birthday! I think it's so interesting how kids develop differently.  For instance, G is hitting all of his physical milestones early (rolling over at 3 months, crawling at 7, pulling up, cruising) but he hasn't really started repeating sounds we make or responding to our sign language.  All kids end up at the same place eventually though!  I have to say, I love BLW.  G is doing so well with it and our meals are absolutely so much fun. He loves so many foods, it's adorable. His day care teacher is astonished.

Yes, I have loved BLW.  M gets what we ate for the most part. Its helpful for them to learn, since they watch everything we do. When she gets something a little different she knows it. Yes, its unique to see how every child develops differently. M was rolling tummy to back at 3 months, but not the back to tummy. She didn't want to be on her tummy. But now, she is all about sleeping on her tummy. Funny. I guess thats why some say just "roll with the punches" ... Glad to hear G is doing well and enjoying the BLW. Are you still bfing?

NorCal

OWR- Wow that is really frustrating!!! Mistakes like that shouldn't be made, esp by the PM! 

Monk- My old RP had SPD through her pregnancy and she kept running, but she would get really sore. It lasted for about 6 weeks after birth, but then was fine. 

Lizo- Working before a vacation is SO hard!!!! Hang in there. 

Sassy/GSD- What is BLW??

PRs: