Womens Running

Winter Wednesday DIVAs (Read 184 times)

SassySparky

NC - BLW is baby led weaning, a way of introducing solid foods to babies that does not use purees.  You basically give them table food/finger food from 6 months on.  We started with things like roasted sweet potato sticks, avocado, banana, etc.  It's really fun at G's current age because he's had a lot of food and really loves new combinations.  Like last night he had an egg yolk scrambled with veggies and went to town on it. The other night we had lentil sloppy joes and again, he loved it.  You just have to watch salt and spice levels, but we have found that G really loves when we add seasons like cumin, paprika, and black pepper.  It teaches them so many things  like hand-eye coordination and being part of the family meal.  

GSD - YES! When he have something that is slightly different than him he wants in on our plates.  Like we had the lentil sloppy joes on buns, and he kept pointing at our sandwiches as we ate them instead of his pile of lentils. So funny. And yeah, I'm still BF'ing, but he does get a few ounces of formula a day at day care because my supply/pumping output his dropped. He seems fine with just nursing on weekends, but he does eat a lot of solids. In January I'm goign to cut out one more pumping session at work and give him more formula, and so we'll probably have to give him a formula bottle on the weekends.

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

gsdrunner

NC: What Sassy said. M is just getting in teeth, but with her gums you would be surprised to see how she ate and what she ate. Its amazing how they know. 

Sassy: I asked bc I am working on weaning M. But right know with her teething its hard. I am hoping to be done by  15 months. Its kinda of bittersweet. I want to reclaim independence, but I like our connection. But I truly miss my early morning runs before the house got up. 

NorCal

Sassy/GSD- That sounds like a great program and how cute to see those little ones eating real food! Probably tastes so much better then regular baby-food! 

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

SassySparky

GSD - I figure I'm going to switch to just nursing in the AM and PM in January and give him bottles of formula at day care instead of pumping.  He'll be 9 months. I'm going to stick with that until at least a year and if he wants to continue then we will.  I do my early morning runs on occasion, but I wake up and pump beforehand. It stinks though because I wake up at 5:30 to pump then run. It only works because G consistently wakes up at 7 so I know I can do that.  And G has 7 teeth, crazy! 2 on bottom came at 4 mos, then 4 on top at 6 months, and one came in this week on the bottom.  He learned early on not to bite me, but he still does it when he's done nursing or being playful.

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!