Womens Running

Hunker Down Monday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Friday I had things to deal with after work so I did my cardio DVD…15 minutes running, 35 minutes cardio.

Saturday was SDO

Sunday was 65 minutes running on the gym track. It was fun because at least 7 friends were also running.

Today will be cardio at home because we are to have very low temps coming in with blowing snow. I am going from work to home and vice versa until this weather calms down.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Good Morning!

Judy - hunker down is right.  Brrrrr!  Stay safe and warm

3.3 on the TM this morning - am planning on Fusion class tonight.  I will probably go Tuesday night as well, since BF is out of town.  He made it to Ohio yesterday, took him about an extra hour and a half, but he said it wasn't too bad.  Men   We didn't get a ton of snow here (maybe 3 inches) so I'm hoping my drive to work is fine.  Home visits for today and tomorrow are going to be rescheduled, thank goodness.  Would have had to drive 70 miles north, no thanks.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hope everyone is safe and warm.

Gatsby that is a nice pic of your dh

Judy how us the car?

Laura glad he made it

today is a rest day from running. I will have Pilates later

Had dh mobilize my hip capsule again last night. Glad there were 0 sore spots even with the longer run. Continued progress.

Marjorie

Good Morning!

BRRR!!!!  It is so cold here!  I saw 17F somewhere and 35 mph winds.  Went to Group Power class this morning.  Felt good to be back in my routine.  We were laughing at all the newbies at the gym this morning at 0515.  Wonder how long they will last?

Be safe out there!!  One of my running buddies fell last week--face planted, chipped teeth, skinned nose, chin, and lips.  ;(

I may go pick the rest of the oranges and kumquats this afternoon--don't want to lose them to the hard freeze.

Anonymous Guest

Morning all! It is still morning, isn't it? After two weeks of mainly working from home, 6 a.m. came early today! I'll probably run 3-4 easy on the TM after work, and that will most likely be it until the weekend. Tomorrow I leave for the airport straight from work, then three days with the family walking around Disney, so probably no running. Then 39.3 miles this weekend.

The polar vortex is heading our way - the rain has moved out and the following super-cold temps are coming. I just hope they wait until I get home from work. I was going to tag along on a plant inspection in West Virginia tomorrow, but with all this rain I am afraid the roads will still be wet and tomorrow they will be a sheet of ice. I do not want to drive two hours early tomorrow morning! So I will be going to a different plant on another day.

Gatsby, your picture of DH yesterday made me so jealous - this time of year is when I miss northern California the most, and when I hear friends' voices saying "you'll be back". I honestly don't think they thought we'd make it this long (it's been 13 years already since we moved back to the east coast!).

Laura, glad the BF made it to Ohio safely.

Judy, smart to limit your travels in this weather. I'll be doing the same.

Susan, yikes that's cold for you guys. And yes, I'll be avoiding the gym (wait, I was already having trouble getting there) for the next month or so while the newbies either figure things out or drop off.

Stay warm!!

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Commute was no problem this morning for me... although I did nearly trip over the cat.  Snow has stopped for the moment but temps are plummeting.  Started out at 18 this morning and will be 0 by 5pm.  With a "feels like" -24.  Tomorrow will be -10 with a feels like of -36.  I won't be doing anything outside.

Lisa

Polar vortex sounds so ominous!  Be careful out there, everyone!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, tripping over that oversized moggy could be dangerous. Glad your commute wasn't bad. And thanks for the laugh about "pie and lattes".

Yeah right. Macbook? In your dreams, kid.

Susan, Camille, you may appreciate this project. I finally put legs on the counter that has been sitting in the master bedroom for 8.5 years. So now I can move all my fabric back from the patio where it was stored into the house and have it under the counter. Trouble is, since it's been sitting on the patio for nearly 9 years, it all needs washing. 24 bins. 3 loads, on average, per bin. I did not know I had so much fabric and now that I'm taking inventory I think I may never be able to justify buying fabric again! (Anyone who wants to come out here, look, help fold, and help themselves is welcome...)

Please everyone in the cold take care. This is frightening. I am glad DD doesn't go back until Friday, when the worst is expected to be over.

4 this morning with RN, 7.16 on the TM at lunch.

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

I got out for a run this morning before the temps dropped - 7.2 miles with a couple of buddies. It's 12 degrees here now, going down into single digits, with nasty wind chills. Not as cold as you Midwestern girls, but I'm still glad tomorrow is an SDO.

The car saga continues - I hit a curb tonight and gave myself a flat. I sincerely hope it can be repaired, but I have this sinking feeling that I'm going to have to replace all four tires. After we just put tires on DH's car last week. I swear, sometimes I feel like we can't ever get a leg up.

Judy - it's a good time to stay inside!

Laura - glad your BF made it okay.

Marjorie - sounds like you are mostly recovered.

Crazysue and Karen - DS2 and DS3 both play basketball at the Y, and finding a place to park right now is a nightmare with all the resolutioners. In fact, that's where I hit the curb this evening.

Lisa - I liked your snow pics.

Hi Gastby!

Tessa - that's a LOT of fabric!

I'm tempted to stay up later than usual, since the boys' schools are on a 2-hour delay tomorrow, but I have a major proofreading job that I need to get up and get going on tomorrow, so off to bed.

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2